Argon gas

General Udon Thani topics only!
K1w1nev
udonmap.com

Argon gas

Post by K1w1nev » July 12, 2018, 9:56 am

Does anyone know where i can get an argon bottle from in BanDung i've seen them around but can't seem to get anyone including my wife to understand what i need.either hire or buy needs to be full .
even disposable would be better than nothing.

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Argon gas

Post by glalt » July 12, 2018, 10:08 am

If you are using it for welding, argon is the best, BUT, CO2 is nearly as good, cheaper and much easier to find.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » July 12, 2018, 3:20 pm

I live near the town of BD. You can't get argon here. You have to go to Udon. I bought my 1st bottle in Udon and all subsequent refills. A refill is 900 baht per exchange bottle, same price in years.

K1w1nev
udonmap.com

Post by K1w1nev » July 12, 2018, 7:23 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
July 12, 2018, 3:20 pm
I live near the town of BD. You can't get argon here. You have to go to Udon. I bought my 1st bottle in Udon and all subsequent refills. A refill is 900 baht per exchange bottle, same price in years.
Thanks i was thinking probably would have to go there do you have a company name for me i do get to Udon fairly often thanks .

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » July 16, 2018, 11:02 am

Sorry for the late reply, not on here that often. Business card with tel number is faded and illegable.
Head into Udon coming from Nong Han on the SK road.
Big C on your left, ditto Macro, AEK, McD and UT on your right. Carry on.
First big junction, c/w traffic lights, large hotel with swimming pool on your right, you can turn right to go to the bus station and Central. Don't.
Go straight over the lights here. Lots of shops left and right selling tooling, parts, car parts, diy etc.
About half a click down, on the right, on a corner is a large shop selling a huge range of car parts. Batteries, oil etc outside, possibly gas bottles. This is your shop. Don't know how much your initial bottle will be plus dual guage regulator. Possible 2k ish? As stated refills are still 900 baht.
Hope this is of use.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”