Golf

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 182
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Golf

Post by Chuchi » July 13, 2018, 12:26 pm

Is there any golf shops around town,I’m after just a cheap driver,couple of irons For a boy (5-7yrs),want to get him down the range first see how he performs and if he likes it.There was 1 i saw behind central but I think it’s a gym now.
Cheers

User avatar
Galee
udonmap.com
Posts: 3279
Joined: July 12, 2005, 5:16 pm
Location: Was Eastbourne, East Sussex. Now Udon.

Re: Golf

Post by Galee » July 13, 2018, 3:19 pm

There's a golf shop about 100 yards on the left before you go into the entrance of Nonsamrong Army golf course.

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 182
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Golf

Post by Chuchi » July 13, 2018, 6:40 pm

Galee wrote:
July 13, 2018, 3:19 pm
There's a golf shop about 100 yards on the left before you go into the entrance of Nonsamrong Army golf course.
Cheers I’ll take a look

User avatar
vidmaster
udonmap.com
Posts: 511
Joined: August 18, 2013, 3:15 am

Re: Golf

Post by vidmaster » July 13, 2018, 10:54 pm

Is your boy right or left handed as I have a set of left hand graphite ladies clubs and 3 wood that might suit him

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 182
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Golf

Post by Chuchi » July 14, 2018, 7:36 am

vidmaster wrote:
July 13, 2018, 10:54 pm
Is your boy right or left handed as I have a set of left hand graphite ladies clubs and 3 wood that might suit him
Thanks for the offer vid,it’s a shame he’s right handed

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 182
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Golf

Post by Chuchi » July 14, 2018, 2:45 pm

Galee wrote:
July 13, 2018, 3:19 pm
There's a golf shop about 100 yards on the left before you go into the entrance of Nonsamrong Army golf course.
Went in there today Galee picked him up a couple of clubs,for those who maybe interested it’s a second hand golf shop and he also rents out a set for 200 per day.
Thanks to everyone for the response.

Chuchi
udonmap.com
Posts: 182
Joined: April 17, 2016, 1:55 pm

Re: Golf

Post by Chuchi » July 14, 2018, 2:47 pm

Chuchi wrote:
July 14, 2018, 2:45 pm
Galee wrote:
July 13, 2018, 3:19 pm
There's a golf shop about 100 yards on the left before you go into the entrance of Nonsamrong Army golf course.
Went in there today Galee picked him up a couple of clubs,for those who maybe interested it’s a second hand golf shop and he also rents out a set for 200 per day.
Thanks to everyone for the response.
Sorry should read 200 baht per day

User avatar
Galee
udonmap.com
Posts: 3279
Joined: July 12, 2005, 5:16 pm
Location: Was Eastbourne, East Sussex. Now Udon.

Re: Golf

Post by Galee » July 14, 2018, 3:42 pm

I hope your son enjoys playing.

Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but when taking up the game it's a good idea to get lessons to learn the basics of the game. Grip, posture etc.
My son was about 7 when I bought him a set. All he wanted to do was hit the ball as far as he could. Wouldn't listen, got despondent and gave up quickly.

86Tiger
udonmap.com
Posts: 33
Joined: April 2, 2016, 4:45 pm

Re: Golf

Post by 86Tiger » July 15, 2018, 1:49 am

Galee wrote:
July 14, 2018, 3:42 pm
.......... All he wanted to do was hit the ball as far as he could........

I do agree, it is best to start any new player with some proper instruction to get off on the right foot. However, after 30+ years I am still guilty of wanting to hit it as far as I can..........

User avatar
vidmaster
udonmap.com
Posts: 511
Joined: August 18, 2013, 3:15 am

Re: Golf

Post by vidmaster » July 15, 2018, 8:35 am

You know how to hit the ball further off the tee every time?

86Tiger
udonmap.com
Posts: 33
Joined: April 2, 2016, 4:45 pm

Re: Golf

Post by 86Tiger » July 15, 2018, 11:33 am

vidmaster wrote:
July 15, 2018, 8:35 am
You know how to hit the ball further off the tee every time?
Bourbon seems to be the trick for me. Makes me hit it so far in the trees there is no need to look for it...........

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests