Extension to July 31st

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2079
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Extension to July 31st

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 25, 2020, 3:50 pm

The extension has been published in the gazette yesterday, it is also on the immigration website
D7C8B53C-11EB-4835-A1AC-C50CE171503B.jpeg
C4560E49-F1DC-4EE1-B91C-A92A14507299.jpeg
My guess is that there will be few if any offices who will accept a late (over 7 days) application for an annual or 90 day extension.

In the past you could sometimes pay the overstay if you were slightly late. Now any overstay charge maybe problematic for immigration offices due to the emergency orders.

From where ever your permission to say came, the emergency order allows you to stay in Thailand without penalty, it does not change the requirement to renew a permission to stay if you want to continue to live here.

Thailand has an extremely low incidence of infection.
The immigration offices are open for extensions.
The immigration office’s have many fewer customers.

If you want to continue to stay in Thailand once the boarders open, there is no reason not to renew on time. If you don’t renew on time you may (my guess, will) have to leave.


Do not plan on being able to return immediately, some may be able to if they have a valid current ME visa and cross a land border.

Expect that there will be extra requirements for travel to and from Thailand once the boarders open.

Do not think that what was OK and a good plan in the past will be the same (at least in the short term) in the future.

Expect Visa applications and processing times to be longer possibly much longer.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on April 25, 2020, 7:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.


Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11366
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by jackspratt » April 25, 2020, 4:15 pm

Is the understanding now that 90 day reports are not required, including via online, until 31 July?

And if this is correct, it will be interesting to see how they want to handle the flood of reports on/after that date.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2079
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 25, 2020, 4:29 pm

jackspratt wrote:
April 25, 2020, 4:15 pm
Is the understanding now that 90 day reports are not required, including via online, until 31 July?

And if this is correct, it will be interesting to see how they want to handle the flood of reports on/after that date.
90 day reporting has been suspended from March 26 to July 31st. I cannot say for sure but think that you will not be permitted to enter the Udon office if you do try.

There is no requirement to make a 90 day report during this period.

Online reporting is working with more time to do it, 15 days.

I suggest that if you can report online it makes sense to do it.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12592
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2020, 5:03 pm

Due to the fact you cant leave the country or even leave your Province without reporting for 14 day quarantine a 90 day report to show where you are does seem a bit pointless at the moment

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12592
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by stattointhailand » April 25, 2020, 5:35 pm

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 2599
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.
Contact: Contact Bandung_Dero

Re: Visa Extension

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 23, 2020, 5:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote: ↑
April 23, 2020, 4:28 pm
So has the 90 day report been waived until 31 July, or do we still have to attempt the "on line" minefield when it becomes due. Normally I'd just go to the office and ask, but that seems to be a bit stupid if they are trying to stop us going there.

Pathetic post! You just brain dead or need psychotic help in these trying times?
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!
Top

Thank you STWW for posting the official info rather than second hand heresay

I and any other "brain dead psychotic" members can now put our "delusions, hallucinations and Schizophrenia" firmly behind us for as log as it takes the next ghost to emerge from the rice paddy

User avatar
Hoopoe
udonmap.com
Posts: 671
Joined: January 31, 2015, 5:15 pm

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by Hoopoe » April 26, 2020, 7:13 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 25, 2020, 4:29 pm
jackspratt wrote:
April 25, 2020, 4:15 pm
Is the understanding now that 90 day reports are not required, including via online, until 31 July?


90 day reporting has been suspended from March 26 to July 31st. I cannot say for sure but think that you will not be permitted to enter the Udon office if you do try.

There is no requirement to make a 90 day report during this period.

STWW Don't get ya knickers in a twist ,this is just to clarify Udon are accepting 90 day reports , two guys did on Friday ,
personally for those on yearly extensions of stay i would submit my 90 day report , remember all this was brought in for those people /tourist caught out , and as such each I/O will interpret as they see fit ,

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4823
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 26, 2020, 7:33 am

Hoopoe wrote:
April 26, 2020, 7:13 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 25, 2020, 4:29 pm
jackspratt wrote:
April 25, 2020, 4:15 pm
Is the understanding now that 90 day reports are not required, including via online, until 31 July?


90 day reporting has been suspended from March 26 to July 31st. I cannot say for sure but think that you will not be permitted to enter the Udon office if you do try.

There is no requirement to make a 90 day report during this period.

STWW Don't get ya knickers in a twist ,this is just to clarify Udon are accepting 90 day reports , two guys did on Friday ,
personally for those on yearly extensions of stay i would submit my 90 day report , remember all this was brought in for those people /tourist caught out , and as such each I/O will interpret as they see fit ,
Agree Jack or SWWwho ever posted it .. i will do my 90 days when it comes up regardless , turn up at immo office and if turned away on line .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2079
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 26, 2020, 8:01 am

Hoopoe wrote:
April 26, 2020, 7:13 am

STWW Don't get ya knickers in a twist ,this is just to clarify Udon are accepting 90 day reports , two guys did on Friday ,
personally for those on yearly extensions of stay i would submit my 90 day report , remember all this was brought in for those people /tourist caught out , and as such each I/O will interpret as they see fit ,
You miss understand.
Until 3 days ago I had no information of any office accepting in person reports, I welcome the information.

The cabinet has chosen to suspend the need to report. The reason they state is to reduce the number of people going to immigration offices The objective is to avoid mass gatherings

The immigration website specifically says “no need to do 90 day reporting
The immigration website does not say “can not do 90 day reporting”

Online reporting is working better than before and is available for longer, if you wish to report you should use that in preference to in person or postal reporting to keep transmission risk to a minimum.

As the suspension is Thai law, and it is unequivocal, it is not subject to IO interpretation.

The reason for its introduction
It is to alleviate the suffering of foreigners affected by the epidemic situation of the coronary artery disease 2019 or Covid 19 disease when traveling in or out of the Kingdom. Including being able to stay in the Kingdom to a certain extent Especially foreigners who are allowed to stay in the Kingdom temporarily
if the extension of the period of temporary residence permit is not extended further Will cause many aliens to travel to meet the immigration authorities To process a temporary stay in the Kingdom and / or notify a residence Until it may result in congestion Squeezing closely among the aliens at the immigration office Causing a broader risk of the spread of coronary infections in 2019, or Kovid 19 Inconsistent with measures and guidelines for the prevention and control of the spread of coronary diseases in 2019 or Covid 19
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
Hoopoe
udonmap.com
Posts: 671
Joined: January 31, 2015, 5:15 pm

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by Hoopoe » April 26, 2020, 5:54 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 26, 2020, 8:01 am
Hoopoe wrote:
April 26, 2020, 7:13 am

STWW Don't get ya knickers in a twist ,this is just to clarify Udon are accepting 90 day reports , two guys did on Friday ,
personally for those on yearly extensions of stay i would submit my 90 day report , remember all this was brought in for those people /tourist caught out , and as such each I/O will interpret as they see fit ,
You miss understand.
Until 3 days ago I had no information of any office accepting in person reports, I welcome the information.


As the suspension is Thai law, and it is unequivocal, it is not subject to IO interpretation.


[
Hmm first i didn't miss understand anything ,
now you quote Thai law that is not subject to IO interpretation ,
All IO interpret thai law as they see fit , AS YOU WELL KNOW ,
so when one goes into IO to renew an extension of stay be it it retirement / marriage based and haven't done the latest 90 days report ,
the IO state you haven't done your 90 day report ,and you say i'm exempt under the new temporary regulations ,
IO then state ha but that is for those people /tourist caught here after the border closures ,
so you reply with "but it is Thai law and sometimes woodworker said it's not subject to IO interpretation , "
Yea right that's gonna get you everywhere ,

he can't resist , knickers in a twist , always has to have a pop ,
SO guys those on yearly extension of stay just to be on the safe side make your 90 day reports , yes the online is functioning very well these days it seem after they increased the application time zone from 7 to 15 days it has improved vastly ,

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4279
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by Khun Paul » April 27, 2020, 6:29 am

Arguing about what, who and when on here is a POINTLESS exercise, ask and ye shall receive. Note the word ASK, never DEMAND but ask, but always be prepared for a NO reply and have the necessary to complete what is a routine task .
Which part of that simple guideline eludes the semi -intelligent

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1150
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by Stantheman » April 27, 2020, 6:36 am


User avatar
Hoopoe
udonmap.com
Posts: 671
Joined: January 31, 2015, 5:15 pm

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by Hoopoe » April 27, 2020, 7:04 am

Stantheman wrote:
April 27, 2020, 6:36 am
From the 26 Apr Bangkok Post
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... y-endorsed

and there it is again "The extension covers foreigners holding all types of non-immigrant visas, including visas on arrival, visa-free arrivals and border passes, according to the Royal Gazette. "
My caution is because of the interpretation /translation of this ,
it states "VISAs" those on yearly extension of stay ,have not got a visa ,their visa expired in the past when they first applied for permission extension of stay,technically you have no VISA only an extension of stay permit .
So if as the best advice given "ask the IO" remember to state your on an Extension of stay permit ,
people have stated(and this is Udon ) that immigration office when asked about 90 day reporting they said "no need " but whilst your here you may as well do it ,they weren't asked what Visa they were on if any or extension of stay ,
So guys that is why the caution ,

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1263
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by newtovillagelife » April 27, 2020, 4:54 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
April 27, 2020, 7:04 am
Stantheman wrote:
April 27, 2020, 6:36 am
From the 26 Apr Bangkok Post
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... y-endorsed

and there it is again "The extension covers foreigners holding all types of non-immigrant visas, including visas on arrival, visa-free arrivals and border passes, according to the Royal Gazette. "
My caution is because of the interpretation /translation of this ,
it states "VISAs" those on yearly extension of stay ,have not got a visa ,their visa expired in the past when they first applied for permission extension of stay,technically you have no VISA only an extension of stay permit .
So if as the best advice given "ask the IO" remember to state your on an Extension of stay permit ,
people have stated(and this is Udon ) that immigration office when asked about 90 day reporting they said "no need " but whilst your here you may as well do it ,they weren't asked what Visa they were on if any or extension of stay ,
So guys that is why the caution ,
Exactly, I am on a 60 day extension issued by Udon Immigration, after receiving a normal 30 day stamp entering Thailand. So do I have to worry when it expires on May 21 or not?? Has anyone tried the 1178 hotline, and if so are they helpful.

User avatar
noosard
udonmap.com
Posts: 1947
Joined: April 17, 2011, 4:07 am
Location: Ban Jumpa Udon
Contact:

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by noosard » April 27, 2020, 5:09 pm

No worries till the end of july

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2079
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 27, 2020, 5:48 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
April 27, 2020, 4:54 pm
Exactly, I am on a 60 day extension issued by Udon Immigration, after receiving a normal 30 day stamp entering Thailand. So do I have to worry when it expires on May 21 or not?? Has anyone tried the 1178 hotline, and if so are they helpful.
You are covered until July 31st.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 920
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by pal52 » April 29, 2020, 7:09 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 27, 2020, 5:48 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
April 27, 2020, 4:54 pm
Exactly, I am on a 60 day extension issued by Udon Immigration, after receiving a normal 30 day stamp entering Thailand. So do I have to worry when it expires on May 21 or not?? Has anyone tried the 1178 hotline, and if so are they helpful.
You are covered until July 31st.
It is now official.
The extension of visas has been granted until end of July.
If borders reopen you must leave within 1 week.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... 0#cxrecs_s

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2079
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 29, 2020, 8:36 am

pal52 wrote:
April 29, 2020, 7:09 am

It is now official.
A little late it was published in the gazette on Friday, so 6 days ago and in the first post of this thread.
pal52 wrote:
April 29, 2020, 7:09 am

The extension of visas has been granted until end of July.
Mostly correct, apart from the fact that it is the permission to stay not visa that has been extended
pal52 wrote:
April 29, 2020, 7:09 am

If borders reopen you must leave within 1 week.
Please get your facts correct before making claims like that
You are totally incorrect for people who qualify for the extension who do not have a border pass they can stay at least until July 31st.

There will be some people here who have a Lao/Cambodian/Burmese partner and that partner will have to leave
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 920
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by pal52 » April 29, 2020, 8:57 am

Do not complain to me about facts.

Write or Email the Bangkok Post.
I quoted & posted their article.
Try reading it.

You are the one who posts fake news about corona virus.
Such as 2 cases in Udon which were in Khon Kean and cases in Nong Bua lLamphu which did not exist.

GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT before posting.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2079
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 29, 2020, 10:28 am

pal52 wrote:
April 29, 2020, 8:57 am
Do not complain to me about facts.

Write or Email the Bangkok Post.
I quoted & posted their article.
Try reading it.


GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT before posting.
I read it, and more importantly understood what was written both in it and in the cabinet minutes that were posted. While you may have read it you did not understand it.
Such as 2 cases in Udon which were in Khon Kean and cases in Nong Bua lLamphu which did not exist.
not my post. Whatever you are smoking must be interesting.

GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT before posting.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on April 29, 2020, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10610
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Extension to July 31st

Post by 747man » April 29, 2020, 10:59 am

STWW......I Now have a 60 Day Extension ( Marriage ) Permitted to stay until JUNE 29th,So I Gather I'm O.K Now Until JULY 31st under this latest Government Order,WITHOUT Going to Immigration until Then,Correct ??

Post Reply

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”