Website slow

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
rick
udonmap.com

Website slow

Post by rick » March 16, 2011, 1:12 pm

I think this is one for Lee.

I do not post much on Udonmap these days, because it is soooo slow. I use an aircard, so accessing anything is slow, but i can load pages from BBC news faster than Udonmap! This has been progressive over the last 4 months, getting slightly slower every month. Also, logging in takes me about 3 minutes, and sometimes arbitrarily logged out; if i do try to post, 50% of the time it fails (page not found or something similar). Are any others experiencing this? Can anything be done to speed things up? i have heard a couple of people say it is getting slower.

Thanks

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Re: Website slow

Post by harmonyudon » March 16, 2011, 4:41 pm

I use many times the WIFI system of RuySuk MAnsion and I have no problems. Aircard is indeed slow.
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » March 16, 2011, 5:02 pm

Its the hatmossferits

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » March 16, 2011, 5:23 pm

harmonyudon wrote:I use many times the WIFI system of RuySuk MAnsion and I have no problems. Aircard is indeed slow.

Yet another cheap plug for the ruysuk mansion. :-k

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 16, 2011, 5:26 pm

(B)Rick, I reckon the problem is your end. Below is a quote from you on another forum.

Brick » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:16 pm
Some of us have limited connections (either in time or speed) and i do find i have to skip threads because i do not have enough time. This is a very active forum (which is good) but i only browse for an hour or so a day and cannot read everything in that time - due to slow connection

Instead of UM changing perhaps it's you who should be changing things.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » March 16, 2011, 5:31 pm

randerson79 wrote:
harmonyudon wrote:I use many times the WIFI system of RuySuk MAnsion and I have no problems. Aircard is indeed slow.

Yet another cheap plug for the ruysuk mansion. :-k
Agreed =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> its getting very boring Yyyyyyaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » March 16, 2011, 5:42 pm

randerson79 wrote:Yet another cheap plug :-k
With a WIFI system you dont have to plug anything :D
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » March 17, 2011, 3:17 pm

rick wrote:I think this is one for Lee.

I do not post much on Udonmap these days, because it is soooo slow. I use an aircard, so accessing anything is slow, but i can load pages from BBC news faster than Udonmap! This has been progressive over the last 4 months, getting slightly slower every month. Also, logging in takes me about 3 minutes, and sometimes arbitrarily logged out; if i do try to post, 50% of the time it fails (page not found or something similar). Are any others experiencing this? Can anything be done to speed things up? i have heard a couple of people say it is getting slower.

Thanks
Rick try Google chrome, there are a few options to speed up page load speeds e.g. turning off images, javascript etc. The front page can be a little slow for users on slow connections because of all the graphics so you may find it easier bookmarking the forum page instead.

I'm not sure about your login issue however it sounds like it could be something to do with your connection speed. There are a few topics open already that discuss this issue. ;)

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » March 19, 2011, 1:00 pm

Well, thanks for all the advice. I know that my biggest problem IS my internet connection; but there is little i can do about that while in the village as i am not here all the year and a landline connection is not currently on the cards. Also most other problems are probably caused by this slow speed. I was pointing out that i thought Udonmap is a bit slow; generally Thailand based content is faster to access but i find Udonmap slower than other Thai websites - as i say BBC is sometimes faster. I have been trying the no images option in google chrome, and that works ok with BBC and hotmail, but i do find that some websites have critical items on icons which are not loaded, which can make navigation, logging in and out difficult, so i think i will have to give up on that. i just have to logon for longer and during the day when i can go outside and get a better signal.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”