What makes Thailand the greatest country in the world

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
georgioGastapo
udonmap.com

What makes Thailand the greatest country in the world

Post by georgioGastapo » September 23, 2016, 10:16 am

by world popular opinion supported by Mastercard data:
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busines ... 95923.html
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/busines ... 95964.html

not just by deluded propaganda as with other places :mrgreen:

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: What makes Thailand the greatest country in the world

Post by the-monk » September 23, 2016, 10:25 am

BANGKOK NO 1 ..... no way ...
check this << Indeed, overall visitor numbers to Paris for 2015 were 45 million, nearly unchanged from the previous year, although American and Chinese visitors remained very supportive of the city. >>
Source :: http://www.travelmarketreport.com/artic ... er-Attacks
P.S. I am not French.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » September 23, 2016, 11:36 am

Playing tourist and living is 2 different things. OP here referring to a holiday.

An intelligent person would realize, no country can claim 'greatest'.......as it's all a bit relative.

One gauge on the illusion of great, would be the lines outside the embassy, of people applying to go there. In which case, in Asia, may well be the USA embassy, if Krung Thep is any indication of the Asians wanting to live elsewhere.

For the eastern EU blocks, and middle east, N. African nations, seems trying to get to the UK, Germany and France is high on the list. Though maybe not because of 'greatest', but easiest to get there, with the greatest amount of bennies / free living if making it there. If the forum and entertainment news is anything to go by.

Actually, for myself, since not wanting or needing, at the time of picking a retirement place / country, my criteria was much different than someone else looking to emigrate.

A crappy economy, with crap schools, and employment opportunities BUT and almost stable gov't, OK weather. The first three, economy, schools, earning opportunities, would dictate the other things I was looking for, inexpensive housing and daily cost of living. So Thailand was a good choice. The woman, simply icing on the cake.

The same criteria would be used in the USA, IF was simply moving from one place to a better place to retire, but nothing over there perked my interest enough, and after 45 years, quite bored with the place. looked afar.

If working w/family, this would be one of the last places I would choose.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » September 23, 2016, 11:51 am

As a tourist, a Yank.....neither London nor Bangkok, would be on my short list of place to go to. Actually wouldn't make the long list either. Bangkok, too far away, London, way too expensive, and absolutely nothing there that would interest me.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » September 23, 2016, 12:19 pm

London gets more refugees and illegal immigrants in a year than Bangkok gets tourists.tom,dick or harry can get into Bangkok.if the uk opened their immigration up to the world London would probably sink.

georgioGastapo
udonmap.com

Post by georgioGastapo » September 23, 2016, 12:22 pm

here have some of these it will make you feel better

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”