Where to get an MRI?

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
milkman
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by milkman » February 25, 2016, 9:23 pm

Guys, I've got to get an MRI. I wonder where is the best place? Which is the cheapest? Which does the best job? I hear there is a new kind of MRI that's larger, more comfortable- anybody in town have this one? Any advice would be appreciated.

samuel
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by samuel » February 25, 2016, 9:32 pm

Bangkok Hospital had a new MRI installed back in 2012.
AEK Udon usually sends the patients to a MRI-clinic in town.
Costs? I would calculate about 15'000 THB minimum.

BTW: The question is not which clinic makes the best MRI-pictures. The question is which doctor can read it best.
:-k

Galee
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by Galee » February 25, 2016, 9:50 pm

Bangkok hospital costs 8,000baht.
Scan sent to Bangkok. Diagnosis within a couple of hours.
Not to be recommended without sedation if you are claustrophobic.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by papafarang » February 25, 2016, 10:51 pm

military hospital , best trained doctors ,best equipment. but I don't know the cost, sorry
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by 12345 » February 26, 2016, 8:26 am

There is no, or shouldn't be a standard 'one price' for all MRIs. Used a clinic long time ago in KK, and I believe they are in UT now. They had a price menu, depending on where, and what is being examined. Long time ago, but prices started at ฿2500 and UP.

There are 3 - 5 options now in UT, and I would go with the newer ones, unless knowing what machine the older ones are using. Again, depending on where or what, it could make a big difference on diagnosis. Along with having a machine some fat foeigner would actually fit in. I'm a 'L', and had quite a few done in my days, and if an 'XL' don't think I would fit in a couple machines that were used for me.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by FrazeeDK » February 26, 2016, 9:26 pm

got a cardiac MRI with an iodine IV at Bangkok Hospital last year.. I don't recall the price but the staff seemed quite professional, mostly females who all spoke Lao with a Vientiane accent (imported??) and minimal English.. All the final product was sent to the Doc in electronic form and I was provided with a full report with photos (not very good though).. I don't know if the information was reviewed by anybody other than the cardiologist at BKK Hospital here in Udon..
Dave

stoneman
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by stoneman » February 28, 2016, 6:52 pm

Our son had an MRI at AEK a couple of months ago...Very new equipment...Very Professional and results within an hour...

Lionheart
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by Lionheart » February 29, 2016, 6:16 pm

stoneman wrote:Our son had an MRI at AEK a couple of months ago...Very new equipment...Very Professional and results within an hour...
How much did it cost?

stoneman
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by stoneman » March 1, 2016, 6:56 am

Lionheart...I really don't remember...It was all covered by my insurance...

milkman
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by milkman » March 21, 2016, 9:34 pm

Samuel and others, I ended up getting an "Open" MRI from Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok. Everything was handled very professionally and painlessly. Cost a bit over 12,000 baht and took 45 minutes. May have been less claustrophobic than the donut shaped MRI, but was still plenty closed in. I felt like I was in my own coffin! But I told myself I needed this, had asked for this, was paying for this... and I spent the time singling old Turtles and Beatles songs to myself. Very happy with the results and with the whole experience, though hope never to do it again!

samuel
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by samuel » March 22, 2016, 6:53 am

milkman wrote:... and I spent the time singling old Turtles and Beatles songs to myself. Very happy with the results and with the whole experience, though hope never to do it again!
thanks for sharing your experience. singling songs is a good way, repeating poems can help as well.
hope you get well soon.
regards.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by Hoopoe » March 25, 2016, 2:28 pm

Kumphawapi , last week full scan 6,000 bht

waltpong
udonmap.com

health Ins

Post by waltpong » March 25, 2016, 10:54 pm

I am looking for the most/best current health Ins available in Thailand 2016?

wazza
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by wazza » March 26, 2016, 2:33 pm

If you are having a MRI and they need to send it away for " review / reading / reporting " then you are only getting technician doing it and probably a Non qualified Dr giving any contrasts if required.

I have seen 100's of MRIs over the years and the Radiologist is in the control suite conducting the scan literally,

Need to be able to review in real time, so further imaging can focus in on areas of interest etc.

Its not just about price in Health Care, but in the ability of the Consultant to provide immediate reporting etc

Rockfossil
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by Rockfossil » March 26, 2016, 3:05 pm

Stoneman, on reading the "Where to get an MRI" posts, you mentioned that your son had one, with the cost being covered by insurance. If you don't mind, could you tell me your insurance company and roughly what it costs per month/year, and for how many people, and are you happy with them ? I have been reading and looking for quite a while for Health insurance for the family, but have trouble getting through the bullsh*t, to get an accurate cost, and what is covered. If unable to reply via forum, please sms me on 0845669268, and I will call you. I hope your son is ok.

wazza
udonmap.com

health Ins

Post by wazza » March 26, 2016, 3:10 pm

waltpong wrote:I am looking for the most/best current health Ins available in Thailand 2016?
Contact AA Insurance Brokers , a sponsor on this site, they are able to provide health insurances according to your requirements.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Where to get an MRI?

Post by fatbob » March 26, 2016, 4:36 pm

waltpong wrote: by waltpong » March 25, 2016, 10:54 pm

I am looking for the most/best current health Ins available in Thailand 2016?
I have used BUPA for years, me the wife and son, platinum cover, never a problem, no brokers or commision hunters, all done in there office.

inflames

Re: Where to get an MRI?

Post by inflames » January 17, 2018, 4:32 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
March 25, 2016, 2:28 pm
Could u tell pls = they speak english ? what language was review and explanation? is tht correct price for MRI - FULL body?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 17, 2018, 8:16 pm

The MRL's i have had in KK and Udon , the report is in English. Staff spoke English.

Normally your MRI would be reviewing the area of concern that you have advised your Dr of.

Charges vary also , if contrast is used for nerve investigations.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » January 24, 2018, 8:11 am

inflames wrote:
January 17, 2018, 4:32 pm
Hoopoe wrote:
March 25, 2016, 2:28 pm
Could u tell pls = they speak english ? what language was review and explanation? is tht correct price for MRI - FULL body?
sorry for the delay in reply ,i've been out of the country ,The report was in English ,i believe there are different prices for part's of the body ,the quoted 6,000 bht was for chest MRI not as i quoted full scan ,sorry for the misleading info , as it was the info i had at the time , also only some of the doc's sapeak fluent English

Return to “Open Forum”