Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
User avatar
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com
Posts: 9216
Joined: July 18, 2005, 12:55 pm
Location: Nong Khai

Post by BKKSTAN » September 15, 2007, 9:06 am

If I read this right,you can't get a yellow book with an ordinary 1 year rental agreemwnt!It sounds like it has to be over 3 year lease agreement that in order to be valid ,need to be registered!
OR,maybe ,if you register your regular rental lease agreement,that would qualify!
The one thing that seem for sure is,ownership is not required!
Thanks Rito!

User avatar
papaguido
udonmap.com
Posts: 3973
Joined: July 5, 2005, 12:28 am
Location: Udon

Post by papaguido » September 15, 2007, 10:09 am

BKKSTAN wrote:If I read this right,you can't get a yellow book with an ordinary 1 year rental agreemwnt!It sounds like it has to be over 3 year lease agreement that in order to be valid ,need to be registered!
OR,maybe ,if you register your regular rental lease agreement,that would qualify!
The one thing that seem for sure is,ownership is not required!
Thanks Rito!
Where are you reading this from (bold)

Ownership is not required by the definition in my previous post. However, the local Amphur may have there own definition and/or policy :D

laphanphon
udonmap.com
Posts: 5957
Joined: July 4, 2005, 7:47 pm

Post by laphanphon » September 15, 2007, 11:40 am

if you built or bought or paid for you house, you own it, so make sure you get put on your house book as owner, not resident, will solve some landlord issues, as you don't have or need one. don't let anyone tell you in udon it can't be done, they are lying, that includes your wife or gf if she says it can't be done. the amphur office in udon will do it.
GOOD BYE CRUEL WORLD

User avatar
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com
Posts: 9216
Joined: July 18, 2005, 12:55 pm
Location: Nong Khai

Post by BKKSTAN » September 15, 2007, 12:47 pm

papaguido wrote:
BKKSTAN wrote:If I read this right,you can't get a yellow book with an ordinary 1 year rental agreemwnt!It sounds like it has to be over 3 year lease agreement that in order to be valid ,need to be registered!
OR,maybe ,if you register your regular rental lease agreement,that would qualify!
The one thing that seem for sure is,ownership is not required!
Thanks Rito!
Where are you reading this from (bold)

Ownership is not required by the definition in my previous post. However, the local Amphur may have there own definition and/or policy :D
I remember it from sometime in the past when I was thinking about getting 5 year lease from my landlord.I bellieve it was a posting relating to 30 year leases!

fredro1uk
udonmap.com
Posts: 16
Joined: February 10, 2006, 2:42 am
Location: Croydon.Uk

Post by fredro1uk » September 15, 2007, 3:55 pm

About the yellow book ,I have not seen anyone mention free hospital care.You register with the Thai n.h.s, we done this at KK hospital and Srinakarin hospital Your yellow book has 13 numbers that you need to register ,you wait about 1monthfor your n.h.s card then you can get treatment, You dont have to be married to qualify for this but you have to have the yellow book with the 13 numbers. fredro

keg
udonmap.com
Posts: 92
Joined: January 31, 2007, 11:30 pm
Location: Nong Khai

Post by keg » September 15, 2007, 8:08 pm

Papaguido thanks for the info on Tambien Baans. It definately shows you don't have to own but it is still not crystal clear in a couple of areas and I think BKKSTAN touched on it.

What does "buy a lease hold" exactly mean under who can be issued one? Also, I assume the one year lease agreement I have would suffice under the ducuments required section, but it goes back to what the answer to the first question is.

I am going to try and get to the amphur next week with my wife and ask the question and will post what their response is.

Keg

aku
udonmap.com
Posts: 46
Joined: July 1, 2007, 12:47 pm

Post by aku » September 15, 2007, 9:09 pm

I too have the yellow book and in June when I went to Nong Khai to renew my one year Visa I had this book along with my documents. When the Immigration officer saw the book asked if he could see it. Now this not part of whats asked for when renewing but, I can tell you that he seemed amazed that I had proof of my home address here in Udon and indicated that this was ....good...put a smile on my face. Can't hurt to have it and it just proves that you own a home and here for the long term !
8)

User avatar
papaguido
udonmap.com
Posts: 3973
Joined: July 5, 2005, 12:28 am
Location: Udon

Post by papaguido » September 16, 2007, 8:42 am

keg wrote:Papaguido thanks for the info on Tambien Baans. It definately shows you don't have to own but it is still not crystal clear in a couple of areas and I think BKKSTAN touched on it.

What does "buy a lease hold" exactly mean under who can be issued one? Also, I assume the one year lease agreement I have would suffice under the ducuments required section, but it goes back to what the answer to the first question is.

I am going to try and get to the amphur next week with my wife and ask the question and will post what their response is.

Keg
It pertains to leasing land.

"Leasing is one option for a foreigner to acquire land. The maximum duration of a lease under Thai property law is 30 years, with a possibility to renew again if agreed. This is the least complicated option for a foreigner to have a right of usage of land. The land lease over 3 years must be registered at the Land Department."

http://www.siam-legal.com/land/land_foreigner.html

Bump
udonmap.com
Posts: 4580
Joined: September 18, 2005, 6:58 pm
Location: Nam Som

Post by Bump » February 13, 2008, 5:48 pm

Ok guys I have read the entire thread I'm definetly convinced to get one for myself.

Guys this is not me my wife still tolerates yours truly.

Situation is farrang a divorced changed from marriage visa, to retired single visa.

He does not have the house book, but does have lease, no way is the ex going to ign anything for him.

He needs to renew his drivers license and is running into nothing but flack at the transport office.

Can he get the yellow book?

I tend to believe he can after reading the thread, but hey I'm old.

User avatar
papaguido
udonmap.com
Posts: 3973
Joined: July 5, 2005, 12:28 am
Location: Udon

Post by papaguido » February 13, 2008, 6:31 pm

Bump wrote:Ok guys I have read the entire thread I'm definetly convinced to get one for myself.

Guys this is not me my wife still tolerates yours truly.

Situation is farrang a divorced changed from marriage visa, to retired single visa.

He does not have the house book, but does have lease, no way is the ex going to ign anything for him.

He needs to renew his drivers license and is running into nothing but flack at the transport office.

Can he get the yellow book?

I tend to believe he can after reading the thread, but hey I'm old.
Whoever your friend is leasing from would have to provide a copy of their blue book and be available to sign document(s) at the Amphur office.

BTW, with all the BS about obtaining a DL I'm surprised more Expat residents are getting their yellow book. It's free, except for maybe on hour of your time.

Bump
udonmap.com
Posts: 4580
Joined: September 18, 2005, 6:58 pm
Location: Nam Som

Post by Bump » February 13, 2008, 6:37 pm

Well these devoirce situations don't lends to ex wifes showing up to ampur with anything or to sign anything.

So I think as a part of CYA it might be a good idea to get that book, before it goes bad along with the lease.

As I read it a lease would suffice if it was registered at the amphur he has that so maybe.

User avatar
papaguido
udonmap.com
Posts: 3973
Joined: July 5, 2005, 12:28 am
Location: Udon

Post by papaguido » February 13, 2008, 7:12 pm

Bump wrote:Well these devoirce situations don't lends to ex wifes showing up to ampur with anything or to sign anything.

So I think as a part of CYA it might be a good idea to get that book, before it goes bad along with the lease.

As I read it a lease would suffice if it was registered at the amphur he has that so maybe.
It's possible (I had to go back and re-read all the post). Best for your friend to go to the Amphur and inquire. If it can be done schedule an appointment so no time is waisted. Also, best to take someone that can translate.

At the Amphur office, go to the information desk and they will direct you the person you need to speak to. When I went it was a gentleman and he told us what we needed to have and then scheduled us an appointment.

Here's the other thread on the process:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... sc&start=0

Bump
udonmap.com
Posts: 4580
Joined: September 18, 2005, 6:58 pm
Location: Nam Som

Post by Bump » February 13, 2008, 8:29 pm

I beleive that is the current plan, so I would venture to say we will know soon.

Bump
udonmap.com
Posts: 4580
Joined: September 18, 2005, 6:58 pm
Location: Nam Som

Post by Bump » February 18, 2008, 5:29 pm

Well the answer is you can get a yellow book, if you have a proper lease filed without the ex wifes signature. Which was the major problem in this case. It was bit odd at first cause I don't think they had ever done it before. He was a sqaure peg for a round hole, but he has the book today with no tea money asked for.

So I think he was trail blazer on this one and if someone has to do it now, it may be simplier.

Now the next question and why he did this in the first place how does he use the book to register a vehicle in his name using just the book and no letter from immigration?

Bump
udonmap.com
Posts: 4580
Joined: September 18, 2005, 6:58 pm
Location: Nam Som

Post by Bump » February 18, 2008, 6:19 pm

Sorry guys got lost before anyone could answer, so I just want to get it back in the main page

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests