Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
JoeThrows
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by JoeThrows » October 27, 2014, 1:57 pm

rick wrote:I got my wife to enquire about a yellow book at the Udon Amphur. They told her it would require a bribe to the girl issuing the book and another to her boss ....... C****. So i will not be applying anytime soon.
When my wife and I registered our marriage at the amphur, the only question they asked me was do I want a yellow book. Only a few baht for processing, pretty straight forward and certainly no tea money involved

rods1201
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rods1201 » January 13, 2015, 9:21 am

Hi! I have just received my yellow book yesterday and what I had to do seemed pretty straight forward. A copy of the landlords bluebook and I.D. (plus a visit to the amphur a bit later) A copy of a witnesses blue book and I.D. (plus a visit to the amphur a bit later). Four photos (none in the book) A letter from my thai teacher verifying my situation, copy of the lease on the house, a few visits to the amphur, and low and behold now I have a yellow book, No fees, but I did give them some lunch money. I am going to go to the Udon Hospital soon and see how I go about health care.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rickfarang » January 13, 2015, 11:01 am

Please post your experience at Udon Hospital.

rods1201
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rods1201 » February 19, 2015, 8:30 am

Went to the hospital yesterday, they said that I could not join because I was not a thai citizen (with yellow book in tow)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by FrazeeDK » February 19, 2015, 8:37 am

that was all a bureaucratic cockup from the start. Some Farang were initially allowed to get free hospital care by showing their yellow books. A few months later the hospital authorities wised up and stopped it..
Dave

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Brian Davis » February 19, 2015, 10:33 am

That's my understanding too. I received a hospital card at my local Phen Hospital (exactly same as Thai, I think) over a year back. Received some dental work and, if i recall, some cuts attention/injections for just 30 baht each time. My understanding from the hospital was that they'd let the card run for its' year, but there would be no renewal.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Khun Paul » February 19, 2015, 11:23 am

Thai healthcare such as it is, is for Thai nationals only, they treat you but you get a bill.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rickfarang » February 19, 2015, 12:27 pm

Thank you, rods1201, for your follow-up post.

Johan1983

Post by Johan1983 » October 12, 2016, 1:32 am

How to issue a new booklet if the old one is stolen?

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » October 24, 2016, 9:32 am

Johan1983 wrote:How to issue a new booklet if the old one is stolen?
Get to Office that issue it PRONTO, they will give you further instructions.

Lots of Pros and Cons about having a Yellow Book, but I have had mine for the past 16 years or so ABSOLUTELY NO :D Regrets! Sure makes things go SMOOTH at Immigration, get Car Insurance, Drivers Licenses,(first time and renewal), open a Bank account, registering a new Motorcycle, etc, many might disagree, I have always been ask for "Yellow Book" in the these cases and things always goes smooth once the Official see it. ;) Nuff said over to U all.

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » November 20, 2016, 9:40 am

I have had my yellow house book for eight years now, and I can't think of a single con. I am on my third three-year lease in the same house and have had only good experiences with the yellow book, and getting it was easy. I have bought three motorcycles and a pickup using it over the years. I bought my latest bike in Pathum Thani a year ago, and the girl at the Yamaha shop was insistent that I would need a letter from the owner of the property where I lived. I finally convinced her that that was only necessary if I didn't have a yellow house book. I don't think she had seen one before. Bike registration came back on time with no questions asked.

Gar
udonmap.com

Post by Gar » November 23, 2016, 5:28 pm

I'm not sure if I needed to have my Yellow Book first, but I've added the pink ID card to my collection. Last motorcycle I bought was just using the pink ID card rather than the Yellow Book.
As an aside, went to the US Embassy visit and forgot my passport. They said photo ID with signature was good enough. Come to find out neither of my Thai driving licence, nor my pink ID card has my signature. Had to go back to the house and get my passport anyway. :-)

Boon Mee

Post by Boon Mee » December 12, 2016, 8:07 am

Don't know if this bit of information has been posted re the Yellow Book or not but you don't have to be married to obtain it from your Amphur. Cheers!
BM

Anticlimactic

Post by Anticlimactic » February 12, 2017, 12:54 pm

I wanted to add that Although I know that the "Yellow Book" does help with paperwork and "Official" visits and all. you DO NOT have to have it to get your drivers License , I actually Got my Thai Drivers License 1st. Of course I did it that way because I live up in Amphoe Phen where the Amphur makes things much more difficult than Udon Thani, But the basic information may help someone at some point. ;)

siamsam5555

Post by siamsam5555 » August 23, 2017, 5:14 pm

Tried to get a yellow book going today at Amphoe Phen but big boss wont do it unless you are married , while getting resident certificate in udon immigration they said you dont have to be married to get one but Phen boss not agree

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”