Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by Whistler » March 12, 2024, 2:32 pm

When I renewed license two years ago and got motorbike license last year, I was told on both occasions I needed immigration letter. In both cases I asked desk staff to check with supervisor as I had yellow book. Both times after checking, yellow book sufficed

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 12, 2024, 2:58 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 12, 2024, 2:32 pm
When I renewed license two years ago and got motorbike license last year, I was told on both occasions I needed immigration letter. In both cases I asked desk staff to check with supervisor as I had yellow book. Both times after checking, yellow book sufficed
What office was that?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 12, 2024, 4:25 pm

Main office Hwy 2. I also did inspection on colour change at same.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 13, 2024, 7:05 am

Never had an issue using the Yellow Book for purposes relating to Driving Licence< IMMIGRATION< Bank accounts etc. Once some years ago now , I remember being asked to go to Immigration to obtain a letter when i asked why they stated to prove address. I SHOWED THEM MY Yellow Book,they laughed and said something which appeared to ridicule it, so it was explained that if they did ot like the book they should deal with the Government Agency that issued to book. they accepted it.
Often feel as though lack of understanding or plain ignorance is the cause of such issues , when an explanation in THAI WILL OFTEN Suffice to clear the hurdle made by a person who is afraid to move out of their comfort zone.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”