Ants

General Udon Thani topics only!
BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Re: Ants

Post by BillaRickaDickay » February 24, 2024, 4:46 pm

Well, its been over year now and apart from the odd Lone Ranger no problem with the Ants.
Unlike before I now kill on sight and hope the message gets back to the Boss.
I have this theory that the Lone Rangers are scouts looking for a new place to Nest, when they don't return to the Boss the powers that be decide its probably not a good place to go, bit like that Hague fella who thought he could sus out the enemy if he sent his troops over the top.
Time of year does'nt really matter.

He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 24, 2024, 6:56 pm

Interesting.

A couple of weeks ago, I ate a slice of banana bread my good lady had stored in a screw top container.

Moments later my mouth was on fire. The lid was not tight enough to keep out the tiny black ants. They had infested the banana bread. My lips swelled up, I found two imbedded in my tongue and I had 24 hours of pain and discomfort.

Lips went numb as if I had been overdosed on novacaine. Man those little black bastards can bite.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » February 24, 2024, 8:29 pm

you cant beat that pain when your on the porch sinking a cold one and you get that burning feeling in your nether regions,its one of the many pluses of living in thailand,you would pay good money for that if you was living in london
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 24, 2024, 10:45 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
February 24, 2024, 4:46 pm
Well, its been over year now and apart from the odd Lone Ranger no problem with the Ants.
Unlike before I now kill on sight and hope the message gets back to the Boss.
I have this theory that the Lone Rangers are scouts looking for a new place to Nest, when they don't return to the Boss the powers that be decide its probably not a good place to go, bit like that Hague fella who thought he could sus out the enemy if he sent his troops over the top.
Time of year does'nt really matter.
Great ant/insect update BRD .. i had a lice infestation recently and same as in your case it appeared to stem from a lone ranger doing a recon mission to find the perfect home ... [Redacted by Moderator]
DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » February 25, 2024, 7:49 am

I keep a week's supply of my daily meds in a plastic container sitting beside my desktop computer. This morning for the first time in 14 years, the ants were marching from beside my recliner, then up the computer power cord to infest my pill box. Looks like they are after the vitamin D3 gelcaps. Just last week my computer crashed, and I had to buy a new one, so now I'm wondering if the ants are responsible. No place is safe from these little devils.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 26, 2024, 5:03 pm

Off-topic posts removed.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2024, 7:56 pm

I had a submersible bore hole pump powered with a 5,000 watt generator. It was used for irrigation so it was not used during most of the year. My wife told me the generator would not start. The starter would try to run but the generator would not turn over. It also wouldn't turn over with the pull cord. I took off the back cover and it was totally full of sand and about a billion little red ants, The repair shop managed to get it all cleaned out and it still ran OK. It had to take the ants a long time to carry all that sand across the concrete floor to fill up their new nest.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 26, 2024, 9:22 pm

House invasions by ants used to be a fact of life in our house for years. But after tiling the whole of the ground floor over a few years (previously boards or lino on concrete) ants have declined considerably. Also possibly helped by M-in-L hatred of all plant life in the garden (now known as Yai's desert). Wish the same applied to Termites, those buggers are still in the walls.

KP's Vim idea sounds just right for the few remaining Ant colonies in the desert.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”