Thai passport renewals

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Thai passport renewals

Post by tamada » March 19, 2024, 11:35 am

Taking advantage of being home and school holidays to get the family's Thai passports sorted out. We need to renew Mrs tam's and the oldest lad's and get a first-issue for the youngest one. The oldest lad also needs to get his Thai ID card renewed and I think that can also be done at the same office in Central.

Has anyone done any of this recently at the one-stop government office in Central? Any extra documents required, hoops to jump through?

Ta
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Thai passport renewals

Post by tamada » March 20, 2024, 6:48 pm

Hit the one-stop government office on the 2nd floor at 11:00 to renew the oldest lads ID card (15 minutes, 100 baht).

Then upstairs to the busy passport office. Joined the "walk-in" queue and five minutes later, after they had checked all the documents, off to the back corner to fill in three forms (2 renewals, 1 new issue). The staff were good in getting the height measurements taken while form filling was ongoing. About 20 minutes later, off to a booth for the applications. I signed electronically for the two boy's passport applications. All done by 13:00. Mrs tam will be getting a ten-year passport (1500 baht) and five-year ones for the boys (1000 baht each). EMS delivery in 3-5 days.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » March 20, 2024, 10:35 pm

Will renew the daughters passport when we are over next month.

Is central plaza the go to place to do it now? Remember previously we had done it at government office next to Udon FC / cheese2meatu area.

Thanks

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 20, 2024, 10:51 pm

deankham wrote:
March 20, 2024, 10:35 pm
Will renew the daughters passport when we are over next month.

Is central plaza the go to place to do it now? Remember previously we had done it at government office next to Udon FC / cheese2meatu area.

Thanks
3rd floor Central Plaza, at the main entrance (south) end. Open 9 am to 5 pm. They were well staffed and worked through lunch (unlike most government offices). Additional seating area outside for really busy periods but we managed to get a pew inside for the 20 minutes ahead of our numbers being called

There's an "online" queue so there's an app or something that supports that option. I was unaware of it and it's probably Thai-language only for pre-submission of documents. Either way, the "walk-in" worked for the 3 of us.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » March 20, 2024, 11:37 pm

^great, thanks

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2024, 12:41 am

Passport applications filed on Wednesday, new passports received via EMS on Friday.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 22, 2024, 12:22 pm

Did my teenage daughters passport this morning.

Posting as a reference in case anyone is not clued up (like we were not and will have forgotten in 5 years time).

Both parents need to attend and a foreign parent MUST supply their passport, a thai issued driving licence and/or Pink ID card is not accepted.

Mother (or thai parent) needs to bring their Thai ID and Blue House book.

I mention this as I forgot I needed to attend in person and after a morning in the garden stinking like an Indians underpants, I was called to quickly appear (had dropped the wife and daughter off so only a minute away) but of course I didn't have my passport with me.
After a quick discussion with the desk clerk that told I must bring passport. They suggested wife and daughter wait while I went to get them (we live inside ring road so no great drama). After getting my passport plus picking up my documents file just in case any other documents were requested and a quick spray of deodorant and change of shirt (now smelling like an Egyptian taxi driver!) I raced back.

This was before 10am so you can go straight to 3rd floor parking and security will let you park. Then back inside and less than 10 minutes later we were done.

I must say the service is excellent. Once you know the requirements it is very easy. Everything is done for you (no taking your own photos and copies of documents). No government officials trying to make life difficult, seems all staff are employed by Thales the French company.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”