Counterfeit products from Lazada

General Udon Thani topics only!
glalt
udonmap.com

Counterfeit products from Lazada

Post by glalt » May 23, 2024, 12:29 pm

I just got scammed by Lazada and a sellers clever ad. This is the second fake Makita I received. I sent the first one back and got a refund. The seller obviously came up with a very realistic ad that is also fake. I refuse to send it back for a refund because this corrupt company will continue to cheat customers. Obviously Lazada doesn't care so they are about to lose me as a customer. I don't understand why Thai customers allow themselves to be cheated. Even my Thai wife says to just forget it. I'm about to dispute the charge on my US credit card and let Lazada deal with it. Lazada simply wants me to return the fake product for a refund. It is NOT a hair dryer. It is a leaf blower.

MakitaStore Bangkok
Chat with Seller

Delivered
Get by 22 May 2024 Standard Delivery
Please check your order and confirm receipt within 3 days22 May
Track Package

[Free two batteries] Makita dub184 hair dryer 18v 6.0ah rechargeable lithium battery leaf blower 20000rpm hair dryer 6 speed adjustable outdoor high power powerful dust removal
2 batteries
Free Returns
1 Year Warranty by Seller

฿3,599.00
Qty: 1

Udon Map
Admin

Re: Counterfeit products from Lazada

Post by Udon Map » May 23, 2024, 12:56 pm

glalt wrote:
May 23, 2024, 12:29 pm
I refuse to send it back for a refund because this corrupt company will continue to cheat customers.
I don't understand this. They're going to do what they do regardless of whether you get a refund. Why not at least get your money back?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 23, 2024, 1:00 pm

For future reference, why do you believe the product is counterfeit?

You may also want to take another look at the wording of your 1 star rating on Lazada - Thailand has quite draconian laws around libel.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 23, 2024, 1:24 pm

Udon Map wrote:
May 23, 2024, 12:56 pm
glalt wrote:
I refuse to send it back for a refund because this corrupt company will continue to cheat customers.
I don't understand this. They're going to do what they do regardless of whether you get a refund. Why not at least get your money back?
They are perfectly willing to give me a refund, BUT how would this sell the problem of a corrupt seller?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 23, 2024, 1:26 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 23, 2024, 1:00 pm
For future reference, why do you believe the product is counterfeit?

You may also want to take another look at the wording of your 1 star rating on Lazada - Thailand has quite draconian laws around libel.
It would be VERY difficult to dispute what I am saying. Their fake website is an obvious fake.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 23, 2024, 1:27 pm

glalt wrote:
May 23, 2024, 1:24 pm
Udon Map wrote:
glalt wrote:
They are perfectly willing to give me a refund, BUT how would this solve the problem of a corrupt seller?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 23, 2024, 3:51 pm

Get back to reality. Lazada/Shopee etc. are just middle men correlating any number of vendors who want to sell on line. From my experience they are very good at getting refunds where they can, but cannot be held responsible for poor quality products.
Olde saying:-
"Let the buyer beware."
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 23, 2024, 3:56 pm

Notwithstanding the reference to a "hair dryer" costing ฿3,599.00, without a link to the actual "sellers clever ad" or a picture of the product received, all comments are quite superfluous.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 23, 2024, 5:29 pm

Take a look at this clever looking realistic ad. It is fake the same as their products that come from a company called Lithium Electric Tool. They offer a refund when a customer catches them. Most customers, even my wife just say forget it. They return your money and make a huge profit from people they know can do nothing and keep the counterfeit item.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4643 ... =true&mp=1

WimH
udonmap.com

Post by WimH » May 23, 2024, 6:03 pm

I got a fake Makita cordless drill from that shop. They sent me the wrong one first, and then the correct one with a discount . Not only was it obviously fake, but it was also supposed to be brushless , shop could not explain where the brushfire did come from. Made complaint to shop and Lazada without much happening. On the other hand, I should have known I could not get a genuine Makita for that price. Moreover, it actually works very well so I kept it ( A full refund would not have been a problem)
Wim
Vliermaal, Belgium

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2024, 1:40 am

glalt wrote:
May 23, 2024, 5:29 pm
Take a look at this clever looking realistic ad. It is fake the same as their products that come from a company called Lithium Electric Tool. They offer a refund when a customer catches them. Most customers, even my wife just say forget it. They return your money and make a huge profit from people they know can do nothing and keep the counterfeit item.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4643 ... =true&mp=1
Screenshot 2024-05-23 193855.png
I wonder who wrote this review?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 24, 2024, 8:54 am

I disputed the charge on my credit card but nothing will come of it because this corrupt company offers a full refund. Lazada continues to ignore me. Lazada simply doesn't care. TIT!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 24, 2024, 9:23 am

Too often I have been a little envious of what is available from online shopping and in truth one or two items I have purchased have been okay. However more often than not I search those sites for what I would like and then browse the shops in Udon Thani Province and surrounding areas to find similar if not better, price might be a BIT more , but when you consider electrical items for home or DIY , safety is of concern in my book, plus judicious shopping can get you more than on-line offers ...PLUS you can easily go back and deal with a human and physical entity in order to redress any problems.-

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 24, 2024, 9:30 am

glalt wrote:
May 24, 2024, 8:54 am
I disputed the charge on my credit card but nothing will come of it because this corrupt company offers a full refund. Lazada continues to ignore me. Lazada simply doesn't care. TIT!
Something does not sound right about this statement. Corrupt companies, one would think, do not offer full refunds. They would take the money and cease correspondence with the victim.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 24, 2024, 10:19 am

This company uses this return plan. The fake products are WAY overpriced at 3,500 baht and when a customer recognizes the fake, they usually don't bother to send the product back. They just keep the fake. This corrupt company cannot lose and this return policy protects them. The same fake product on another seller site is priced at 1,500 baht. A few who bother to send the product back do get a refund. This company is very clever and are able to keep cheating customers. Lazada doesn't care. Even my Thai wife tells me to just forget it. TIT.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 25, 2024, 10:53 am

glalt wrote:
May 23, 2024, 1:24 pm
Udon Map wrote:
glalt wrote:
They are perfectly willing to give me a refund, BUT how would this sell the problem of a corrupt seller?
How does letting them keep your money (that they obtained by fraud) help the problem?

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 25, 2024, 12:12 pm

glalt wrote:
May 24, 2024, 10:19 am
Even my Thai wife tells me to just forget it. TIT.
I agree. What you’re trying to do isn’t going to change anything except raise your blood pressure. :evil:
Get your money back and go to a brick and mortar store.

Here’s one: https://www.thaiwatsadu.com/en/search/M ... wer?ship=1

To avoid buying knockoffs on Lazada, only buy from vendors that have the “LAZMALL FLAGSHIP STORE” label on their store page. 8)
UFF DA!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 25, 2024, 1:32 pm

I went so far as to contact a law firm, Siam Legal International, they too advised me to just forget it and take the refund. I would like to think that Lazada cares about their customers. Obviously they don't care and allow corrupt sellers to continue to cheat people. Shameful to say the least.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 25, 2024, 4:28 pm

Jello wrote:
May 25, 2024, 12:12 pm
glalt wrote:
May 24, 2024, 10:19 am
Even my Thai wife tells me to just forget it. TIT.
I agree. What you’re trying to do isn’t going to change anything except raise your blood pressure. :evil:
Get your money back and go to a brick and mortar store.

Here’s one: https://www.thaiwatsadu.com/en/search/M ... wer?ship=1

To avoid buying knockoffs on Lazada, only buy from vendors that have the “LAZMALL FLAGSHIP STORE” label on their store page. 8)
Other advice, look, research but never buy from online seek a real vendor/ store

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 25, 2024, 7:04 pm

Unfortunately the advice I have received is without a doubt correct. TIT, no way can I win or hope to change things. Even a lot of research doesn't work. I made the mistake of believing their phony ad and ordered this product. I'll try to be even more careful from now on.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”