Renewal Non O Retirement Visa

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Renewal Non O Retirement Visa

Post by newtovillagelife » July 23, 2023, 5:41 pm

Hi All, I'm currently on a one year non O retirement visa, it expires next month, and I would like to renew. Does anyone know what documents I need to show Immigration. Thanks in advance.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Renewal Non O Retirement Visa

Post by Doodoo » July 23, 2023, 5:46 pm

Loads of info on this page that was Googled
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aw ... yfp-t&fp=1

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 23, 2023, 6:04 pm

I guess I will make the trip to Udon Immigration and ask. Info on the net is confusing, didn't need Health Insurance before, will they ask for it now?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 23, 2023, 6:44 pm

No

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 23, 2023, 6:44 pm

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 23, 2023, 7:16 pm

noosard wrote:
July 23, 2023, 6:44 pm
No
Thanks.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 23, 2023, 10:24 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 23, 2023, 6:04 pm
I guess I will make the trip to Udon Immigration and ask. Info on the net is confusing, didn't need Health Insurance before, will they ask for it now?
newtovillagelife wrote:
July 23, 2023, 5:41 pm
Hi All, I'm currently on a one year non O retirement visa, it expires next month, and I would like to renew. Does anyone know what documents I need to show Immigration. Thanks in advance.
The problem is that there is no “one year non O retirement visa”
There is a “one year non OA retirement visa”
There is a one year extension of stay from a previous Non-O Visa - this requires no insurance
There is a one year extension of stay from a previous Non-OA Visa - this requires insurance

Which of the possible 3 you have is not clear since you definitely do not have what you say you have. This is a situation where semantics and correct terminology are important for correct answers.

Both of the extensions of stay will require that you have proof of 800k for three months after the last extension was granted 400k for five months after the 800k and 800k for the 60 days before your application.

This proof usually requires between 1 year and 13 months of bank statements as well as a bank letter. Many banks require 7~10 days to provide the statements
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 24, 2023, 12:13 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 23, 2023, 10:24 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
There is a one year extension of stay from a previous Non-O Visa - this requires no insurance
There is a one year extension of stay from a previous Non-OA Visa - this requires insurance

Which of the possible 3 you have is not clear since you definitely do not have what you say you have. This is a situation where semantics and correct terminology are important for correct answers.

Both of the extensions of stay will require that you have proof of 800k for three months after the last extension was granted 400k for five months after the 800k and 800k for the 60 days before your application.

This proof usually requires between 1 year and 13 months of bank statements as well as a bank letter. Many banks require 7~10 days to provide the statements
Thank you for pointing out my ignorance, so to Clarify, I am wanting a one year extension of stay from a previous Non-O Visa.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 25, 2023, 10:45 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 24, 2023, 12:13 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 23, 2023, 10:24 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:

Thank you for pointing out my ignorance, so to Clarify, I am wanting a one year extension of stay from a previous Non-O Visa.
Then according to STWW, it will require that you have proof of 800k for three months after the last extension was granted. It can drop to no less than 400k for five months after those first three months but must be back at no less than 800k for 60 days before your application. This needs to be in an account in the applicants name.

This proof usually requires between 1 year and 13 months of bank statements as well as a bank letter. Many banks require 7~10 days to provide the statements.

Although it's not mentioned as a peculiarity of Uodorn Immi, it may be handy to do a DEPOSIT ONLY ATM transaction on that account or, if it's an option on your bank's ATM menu, a balance check printout in the morning just before you go and submit the application. Maybe they don't (or never have?) required this here but worth doing for the "belt-and-braces" approach.

Good luck
tam
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 25, 2023, 12:11 pm

70687.jpg
This what immigration gave me last week

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 25, 2023, 12:42 pm

noosard wrote:
July 25, 2023, 12:11 pm
70687.jpg

This what immigration gave me last week
Did they give you some specs so you could read it?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 25, 2023, 4:50 pm

2 pair one with night vision

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 25, 2023, 5:07 pm

tamada wrote:
July 25, 2023, 10:45 am

Although it's not mentioned as a peculiarity of Uodorn Immi, it may be handy to do a DEPOSIT ONLY ATM transaction on that account or, if it's an option on your bank's ATM menu, a balance check printout in the morning just before you go and submit the application. Maybe they don't (or never have?) required this here but worth doing for the "belt-and-braces" approach.

Good luck
tam
The deposit (usually needed the day before the application day to appear on the statement, but immigration does accept that the statement and the bank book show a very slightly different amount if you deposit on the day of application) is a variable requirement.

In previous years applicants have been required to deposit before the application is accepted. Currently some applications have been accepted without a deposit.

However the bank letter must be dated the same day as the application. Not having a retirement extension or having to produce a 1 year statement I can’t comment on the date required for the statement.

On a different, but related, topic on my last renewal (for a marriage extension) I did not submit a bank statement only the letter. This suggests a slight easing from Udon IOs

NOTE these requirements are specific to Udon immigration other offices specifically Nong Kai and Khon Kaen probably have different requirements.
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 25, 2023, 9:02 pm

I went through the traumatic marriage extension experience today at Udon Immo.

Dealing with the adjacent Kasikorn branch was probably worse than Immo.

I have held a term deposit with Kasikorn (Ban Dung branch) for probably 8 years, and the principle has never been tapped, or slipped below THB600,000.

As a T/D, the account is entitled to be topped up with interest, according to the terms of the account. I don't touch the passbook from one visa extension to the next, so when I take it to the branch, and ask for it to be updated to account for the interest, I would expect that to be accepted as a deposit.

But no, they insisted I make a cash deposit - I offered THB100, only to be rejected and THB1000 being required.

The logic, and the mountains of paperwork, escape me. As I said to Mrs Spratt at the time, this was like Oz banking was like maybe 30 years ago.

On another note, this particular Kasikorn branch probably deals with hundreds of visa extension requests every year. I told the aforementioned Mrs Spratt to emphasise what we needed was to satisfy Immo. So Kasikorn eventually sent us away with a 12 month statement, showing 400,000+ for the entire period, and another document.

First question at Immo - where is the bank letter. ](*,)

When I finally sat down with the Immo officer (actually 2, as one scarpered for reasons unknown), the 2nd one bought out the fine tooth comb to totally re-assess what the first lady had just reviewed.

At times like this I ask myself why are honest, financial aliens put through this wringer, when the indigent or lazy can just illegally use an agent, with nary a care in the world.

Rant over.

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » July 25, 2023, 10:24 pm

Your married?Really? :shock: just goes to show theres someone out there for everyone,great info jack ;)
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 25, 2023, 10:30 pm

I'm glad you're inspired - don't give up hope just yet, however hopeless it may seem.

In my case, it was personality and good looks that got me over the line - you may have to depend on a fat wallet. 👍

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » July 25, 2023, 10:34 pm

''triggered''
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 26, 2023, 7:59 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 25, 2023, 9:02 pm
I went through the traumatic marriage extension experience today at Udon Immo.

——snip——

Rant over.
I sympathise with the problem you had at Kasikorn bank

It seem as that you went there first and did not make a deposit (as I mentioned the deposit is a variable requirement) until the bank would not update without one and then pointed out the minimum deposit accepted for your account. You then got a 12 month statement rather than the usual 6 month one that is sometimes needed for a marriage extension.

You mention you did get another document, my guess is that it was the bank letter.

Apart from the problems you had with the deposit, and getting a 6 month statement (I did not give the statement to the IO but had it available if needed and had made a deposit online the day before) my experience at immigration was similar, though I would consider it as checking the documentation carefully as they usually do.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”