US Presidential election odds

Udon Map
Admin

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Udon Map » February 26, 2024, 5:09 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 26, 2024, 4:31 pm
"Just today I read an article from Forbes. They estimate that his wealth has dropped from 3 billion down to 2.5 billion and since Covid is recovering. He is obviously not in any financial trouble."

Quoting an amount for people does not reflect their wealth. I remember the saying for people who farm "They are land rich but not cash rich" This could be the same for Donny and that is why he is squirming. Also he says his buildings/businesses are worth say 2 Billion whereas the Feds say they are worth 1 Billion or even less.
In the end he sinking fast.
Like most things other than cash and cash equivalents, things are worth only what someone else is willing to pay for them. Trump's 5th Avenue condo is about ⅓ of the size that he said it was, so it's a safe assumption that the value he put on it is similarly inflated. And if all of his real estate assets are similarly inflated ....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chasewitho ... penthouse/

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 26, 2024, 6:03 pm

glalt wrote:
February 26, 2024, 3:59 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
February 26, 2024, 12:04 pm
glalt wrote:
February 26, 2024, 10:54 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
February 25, 2024, 10:06 pm
glalt wrote:
February 25, 2024, 6:13 pm
It is obvious that Trump is far from squeaky clean as far as his taxes. He openly admits that he doesn't pay any more taxes than absolutely necessary. As far as Jan 6th, I don't think that he caused that nor do I think that he is guilty of insurrection. Any man is entitled to his own opinion. As far as overstating the value of his properties, That too is up to him. Do you really think that banks believe a customers estimates. They are not in the business of loaning more than a property is worth. They use their own evaluations. That huge NY penalty will most certainly get overturned and thrown out of court. My opinion of all the charges getting thrown back and forth are dirty politics and all those career politicians should be doing their jobs rather than tit for tat charges. The bottom line is that the US government stinks to high heaven.
So claiming a $48 million loan that never existed on your tax return to avoid paying taxes, which is tax evasion, I guess is okay with you?
The government and very wealthy people talk in millions just like we talk about a drunken night out. The next day we figure out how much money we have spent and can't remember where all those baht went. We never do figure it out.
What does that have to do with tax evasion? And please don’t compare me with we. Maybe you can’t figure it out but I know what I spend and what I spend it on.
That answer indicates that you either don't drink or you are not a party person.
Why don’t you answer the question I posed to you instead of deflecting it with a completely meaningless comment?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 26, 2024, 6:23 pm

glalt wrote:
February 26, 2024, 4:03 pm
Whistler wrote:
February 26, 2024, 12:21 pm
If the odd million means nothing to Trump, why has he stiffed his lawyers, why has he stiifed a ton of subcontracters, why is asking for time to settle his legal judgements, why is he selling sports shoes, why is he selling ridiculous souvenirs and even more ridiculous collectors cards?

Regardless cheating (not minimising) on your tax is plain dumb and he has been caught out.

The guy is experiencing a serious cash crunch and it looks like it is going to get a whole lot worse.
Just today I read an article from Forbes. They estimate that his wealth has dropped from 3 billion down to 2.5 billion and since Covid is recovering. He is obviously not in any financial trouble.
Then why can’t he come up with the money for his bond? And why did one of his billionaire friends wife set up a GoFundMe for Trump? And why is his campaign funds paying his legal bills?

Billionaire Boys Club, use other people’s money.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2024, 7:26 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 26, 2024, 6:23 pm
glalt wrote:
Whistler wrote:
If the odd million means nothing to Trump, why has he stiffed his lawyers, why has he stiifed a ton of subcontracters, why is asking for time to settle his legal judgements, why is he selling sports shoes, why is he selling ridiculous souvenirs and even more ridiculous collectors cards?

Regardless cheating (not minimising) on your tax is plain dumb and he has been caught out.

The guy is experiencing a serious cash crunch and it looks like it is going to get a whole lot worse.
Just today I read an article from Forbes. They estimate that his wealth has dropped from 3 billion down to 2.5 billion and since Covid is recovering. He is obviously not in any financial trouble.
Then why can’t he come up with the money for his bond? And why did one of his billionaire friends wife set up a GoFundMe for Trump? And why is his campaign funds paying his legal bills?

It's quite obvious that you hate Trump and would refuse any answer that didn't agree with your opinion no matter how reasonable or factual the answer would be.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 26, 2024, 7:31 pm

glalt wrote:
February 26, 2024, 7:26 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Whistler wrote:

It's quite obvious that you hate Trump and would to refuse any answer that didn't agree with your opinion no matter how reasonable or factual the answer would be.
You couldn’t be more wrong. The problem is that you can’t give an answer to any question posed to you about this so you just make comments and squirm away from facts.

I have given you facts, but you just deflect.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 26, 2024, 8:59 pm

What is sad is that even though quite a bit of the misdemeanors (or crimes?) thrown at Trump have stuck, Republicans cannot find anyone else to vote for. When a man as obnoxious as this can still get such a huge following, you just shake your head in disbelief at peoples idiocy. Democrats with Biden not much better off.

Not that USA has a monopoly on Stupidity. The UK had Brexit, anyone who looked at it minus the emotional nationalism knew it was a bad idea. Still got voted for, although most now regret it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 27, 2024, 1:34 am

Attorneys for the former president have filed a notice of appeal.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-defenda ... =107547883
via ABC News App

And the can gets kicked another 30-days down the road. One wonders why a summary rejection as a"frivolous appeal" isn't the first step in the legal process? This rather than wait for the whole circus (any circus) to get all dressed up and head downtown to the courthouse only to be told to piss off.

Anyway, looking at the basis of that appeal, it looks more like (Trump's attorney) Alina Habba is unable to accept that Judge Engoron repeatedly and publicly kept handing her her ass on her rubbish arguments. She needed frequent reminders as to who's in charge in any court room. Maybe she passed her bar exam while working at Grisham & Hollywood?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 27, 2024, 9:18 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 26, 2024, 7:31 pm
glalt wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Whistler wrote:

It's quite obvious that you hate Trump and would to refuse any answer that didn't agree with your opinion no matter how reasonable or factual the answer would be.
You couldn’t be more wrong. The problem is that you can’t give an answer to any question posed to you about this so you just make comments and squirm away from facts.

If you would bother to check information on the Internet, you wouldn't be asking me to dispute your erroneous haters speculation. The facts are the facts and I really don't care about his financial condition. I referenced a Forbes report but you don't seem to have read it or if you did, didn't comprehend those researched facts. Yahoo has no use for Trump and followed up on Forbes report and added even more facts. I refuse to vote for either corrupt candidate. I honestly don't understand how voters could support either candidate.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 27, 2024, 9:57 am

glalt wrote:
February 27, 2024, 9:18 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
February 26, 2024, 7:31 pm
glalt wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
Whistler wrote:

If you would bother to check information on the Internet, you wouldn't be asking me to dispute your erroneous haters speculation. The facts are the facts and I really don't care about his financial condition. I referenced a Forbes report but you don't seem to have read it or if you did, didn't comprehend those researched facts. Yahoo has no use for Trump and followed up on Forbes report and added even more facts. I refuse to vote for either corrupt candidate. I honestly don't understand how voters could support either candidate.
LOL. You seem to be the one defending him about the $48 million loan that doesn't exist, comparing it to a night out on the town for us normal people. What kind of analogy is that? That's not based on any type of fact. On paper he is allegedly worth billions, so why can't he pay for his legal bills himself? Why can't he come up with the bond?

Nothing I've stated is erroneous, all facts, according to the internet of course.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 27, 2024, 1:13 pm

Apparently you keep much closer track of Trump than I do. I don't bother watching his business practices because I don't care.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 27, 2024, 2:05 pm

glalt wrote:
February 27, 2024, 1:13 pm
Apparently you keep much closer track of Trump than I do. I don't bother watching his business practices because I don't care.
As much as you comment on him you sure seem to be familiar with what’s going on, and care somewhat.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 27, 2024, 2:08 pm

glalt wrote:
February 27, 2024, 1:13 pm
Then it's time you started.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 27, 2024, 2:30 pm

Glalt "Apparently you keep much closer track of Trump than I do. I don't bother watching his business practices because I don't care."

Dont understand this comment, as you have posted 11 entries over the last 3 pages. This surely indicates the opposite

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 27, 2024, 2:38 pm

glalt wrote:
February 27, 2024, 9:18 am
The facts are the facts....
Right. Do you have any evidence that Biden is corrupt?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 27, 2024, 2:40 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 27, 2024, 2:30 pm
Glalt "Apparently you keep much closer track of Trump than I do. I don't bother watching his business practices because I don't care."

Dont understand this comment, as you have posted 11 entries over the last 3 pages. This surely indicates the opposite
Oh goody, a post counter.

And Kenr has done 8 posts in the last 2 pages.

Where's my prize?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 27, 2024, 2:56 pm

tamada wrote:
February 27, 2024, 2:40 pm
Doodoo wrote:

Where's my prize?
I’m not the one claiming I don’t keep up with Trump or don’t care. So let’s keep up with what’s being discussed.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 27, 2024, 5:00 pm

tamada wrote:
February 27, 2024, 2:40 pm
Doodoo wrote:

Where's my prize?
Glad to see that you are paying attention.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 29, 2024, 6:18 am

Citizen Trump is challenging prosecution in his federal election subversion case.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supreme ... =107373438
via ABC News App
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 29, 2024, 8:40 am

And the hits just keep on comin'

Illinois judge says 14th Amendment bars Trump from 2024 primary ballot. The U.S. Supreme Court is currently considering the broader dispute.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/illinoi ... =107657552
via ABC News App
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

David Chop
udonmap.com

Post by David Chop » February 29, 2024, 9:46 am

Illinois judge says 14th Amendment bars Trump from 2024 primary ballot. The U.S. Supreme Court is currently considering the broader dispute.
Interesting sich. I've said from the outset that the 14th amendment is a dead letter (de-fanged shortly after its adoption post Civil War). I'm surprised it's made it this far and I'd be shocked if the USSC doesn't shoot it down.

The interesting bits to me are

1) The Feds have anything at all to say about this. The individual States are Constitutionally granted broad latitude in deciding how they arrange Presidential voting within their own jurisdictions. My reading is that the State Supreme Court should have the last word. Somehow the Feds (I know, it's the funding) have laid claim to the final say.

2) This case was brought against Republican Donald Trump by his fellow Republicans. The left is certainly cheering them on, but this is internal conflict on the right. (Here again I expect the MAGA faction to win, but it's fun watching them fight.)

Return to “U.S. Politics”