Easy pop shots at OZ labor Govt.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Easy pop shots at OZ labor Govt.

Post by jackspratt » March 29, 2024, 8:50 am

trekkertony wrote:
March 29, 2024, 6:34 am
Given China’s vested interest in the Australian Wine Industry, the decision by Chinese authorities to recant the restrictions on Oz wine is more about promoting their own interests.
If that is the case, why did the Chinese government impose the crippling tariffs in the first place?

You would have to be pretty naive to think for a moment that the CCP gives two hoots about a few Chinese owned wineries in Oz, when it comes to determining their foreign policies.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 29, 2024, 8:55 am

jackspratt wrote:
March 29, 2024, 8:50 am
trekkertony wrote:
March 29, 2024, 6:34 am
Given China’s vested interest in the Australian Wine Industry, the decision by Chinese authorities to recant the restrictions on Oz wine is more about promoting their own interests.
If that is the case, why did the Chinese government impose the crippling tariffs in the first place?

Perhaps JS you could assist us all and google which date the crippling tariffs took place against the acquisition of the 41 wineries.
That may help in an informed opinion.??

And remember it had nothing to do with the Australian government questioning the origins of the Chinese flu. :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 29, 2024, 9:09 am

Barney wrote:
March 29, 2024, 8:55 am

Perhaps JS you could assist us all and google which date the crippling tariffs took place against the acquisition of the 41 wineries.
That may help in an informed opinion.??
I believe Tony already supplied that information.

https://buyausmag.com.au/41-australian- ... 0Australia

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 29, 2024, 9:30 am

China's ownership of the Australian wine industry is so tiny it is insignificant. Their capacity to buy bulk wine in Australia in bulk tankers does not exist. They can buy that cheap wine in other countries, Australian wines could not compete in that sector. It won't happen.

As for Barney's statement about Australia bowing down to the CCP. Please one example about Australia kowtowing on human rights, Law of the Sea, illegal restrictions on trade, mock trials, rights of dissidents, Taiwan etc.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 29, 2024, 10:51 am

Whistler wrote:
March 29, 2024, 9:30 am
China's ownership of the Australian wine industry is so tiny it is insignificant. Their capacity to buy bulk wine in Australia in bulk tankers does not exist. They can buy that cheap wine in other countries, Australian wines could not compete in that sector. It won't happen.

As for Barney's statement about Australia bowing down to the CCP. Please one example about Australia kowtowing on human rights, Law of the Sea, illegal restrictions on trade, mock trials, rights of dissidents, Taiwan etc.
Add Hong Kong to the list, https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament ... rity%20Law'.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 29, 2024, 11:59 am

Lets poke a pin in a few Balloons on this thread.

- The Chinese have almost no presence in the Australian wine industry. There is zero evidence that they intend to dominate the industry. TT's 3 year old listing of mostly tiny vineyards owned by Chinese interests, established this as a fact.

- Abbott, Morrrison and a few assorted clowns in the liberal party enraged the Chinese to such an extent that they halted imports on a number of commodities, seafood, wine, coal, iron ore, barley etc, This ham fisted approach achieved nothing, but seriously damaged Australian Trade. For Barney to claim it had nothing to do with Morrison's ham fisted comments about COVID origins, flies in the face of history.

- Labor has never kowtowed to China on the big important issues, but has done a pretty damned good job of balancing Australia's interests with an awkward but important trading partner. To claim that this thawing of retaliatory sanctions by China is all China's interests totally ignores the fact that Australian officials, Bureaucrats and diplomats have spent huge efforts to normalise trade.

Bottom line, the conservatives f%^ked up the relationship, Labor got it back under control.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 29, 2024, 12:34 pm

Sport wrote:
March 14, 2024, 3:13 pm
I watch and listen to comments and news from both sides of politics and I do like the idea of nuke power maybe possible in OZ.
Sport the next govt after the next election will be going to the polls with a nuclear position and policy that will at least include an unbiased sit down talk with experts on the future of Atomic power in Australia.
The future is near and the people will decide. Albonese will be left well behind on this issue. But, watch this space as the penny drops and for him to join our Olympic team and perform a gold medal backflip.

As for the government controlled lefty CSIRO they are in a world of their own and having difficulty in listening to any argument.
Read below, a damming letter from the Australian Nuclear Association. Last paragraph tells the public where CSIRO stand.
Another article that may help people realise there are more sources than the far left ABC or the Green/Labor party propaganda.
Nuclear power is achievable and will happen so get on the train folks. All aboard. Toot toot.
Attachments
Small-modular-reactors-in-the-Australian-context_Ben-Heard_2022-update.pdf
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 17 times

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 29, 2024, 12:47 pm

The ANA is hardly an unbiased body, they have as their policy since 1983 been promoting Nuclear Energy. They do not have the support from any other scientific body in the country. DUTTON LIKES THEM!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 29, 2024, 12:50 pm

A quick question Barney - what do the 2 organisations you link to, being the Australian Nuclear Association and the Minerals Council of Australia, get out of a possible nuclear energy industry in Australia?

On the other hand, what does the "lefty" (lol) Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation get out of Australia not having a nuclear energy industry?

ps the CSIRO is controlled by whichever federal government is in power at the time.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 29, 2024, 1:01 pm

Jack,

Easy, if Barney disagrees with their scientific assessments they are not scientists, they are lefties.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » March 29, 2024, 2:58 pm

“Australian Nuclear Association
The Australian Nuclear Association Inc (ANA) is an independent incorporated scientific institution which promotes the education, knowledge and practice of the peaceful, safe and effective use of nuclear science and technology to benefit people, science and the environment.

ANA supports the use of nuclear science and technology in Australia, including nuclear techniques in research, industry and medicine; research reactors as a source of neutrons for research and production of radioisotopes; nuclear power plants to produce electricity and the use of nuclear power for marine propulsion.

ANA strongly supports the use of nuclear power plants as reliable, affordable and low carbon generators of electricity and as a low carbon source of heat for industry. Adding nuclear energy to Australia’s energy future would help meet our international obligations on carbon emissions, improve energy security and contribute to our economic future. Australia can benefit from current and emerging advanced reactor designs as well as from the considerable international experience accumulated in regulating and operating nuclear power plants, taking into account safety, environmental, technical, economic and social factors. The ANA supports the removal of Federal and State legislative nuclear prohibitions so that nuclear energy can be considered on its merits.

ANA strongly supports establishment of a national radioactive waste management facility for the management of intermediate level radioactive waste and the disposal of low level radioactive waste from all Commonwealth agencies as well from the States and Territories.” Not my words but l support their mission statement. Perhaps there are those on the forum who support renewable energy supply provided by wind farms.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 29, 2024, 3:55 pm

yeah, I read their website too.

They are a tiny not-for-profit organisation, and probably well meaning people, but

- They meet twice a year
- They have no admin staff, in fact they have no staff whatsoever
- They do not have an office but do have a PO box in Engadine, a suburb on the outer edge of Sydney
- They have no research facilities
- their annual budget is $17,281

However you consider them more important and better informed than

CSIRO with a budget that runs to hundreds of million
ANSTO with a budget of around $450M
AEMO with a budget in excess of $500M

get real.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 29, 2024, 5:16 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 29, 2024, 3:55 pm
yeah, I read their website too.

They are a tiny not-for-profit organisation, and probably well meaning people, but

- They meet twice a year
- They have no admin staff, in fact they have no staff whatsoever
- They do not have an office but do have a PO box in Engadine, a suburb on the outer edge of Sydney
- They have no research facilities
- their annual budget is $17,281

However you consider them more important and better informed than

CSIRO with a budget that runs to hundreds of million
ANSTO with a budget of around $450M
AEMO with a budget in excess of $500M

get real.
Oh dear, another your opinion doesn't matter "get real" comment, typical left talk. Not listening and always shooting the messenger.
No worries your opinions are of the same importance and relevance as you place on others.
Your showing your bias again towards the Sutho Shire with your ignorance of the importance of Engadine. You guys who have for years watched over botany bay to Kurnell, with jealousy, at gods country and the birthplace of the original non indigenous peoples. Engadine by the way is adjacent to Lucas heights where ANSTO reside.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 29, 2024, 5:21 pm

Lats one for the weekend.

Finally a politician speaking oh the real issues regarding Nuclear. Opposition spokesman talking on how the LIB/Nat party will push forward with open discussion and a policy to lead us into the future.

Very knowledgeable and well spoken speech at COPS.

https://youtu.be/EeVPD3e1aQ8?si=uqhqfk-J4SECa_hV

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 29, 2024, 6:53 pm

Barney,

What a big chip you must have on your shoulder.

Engadine is not adjacent to Lucas Heights, not that has any bearing on the nuclear argument, I was simply pointing out the ANA is an insignificant organisation. You obviously search very selectivly for things on the Internet that match your own biases, and you have certainly done that with the ANA. Additionally, your love of The Shire does not seem to manifest in much of a knowledge of its geography. I lived in Gymea (in the Shire) for many years, so your silly comments are way off mark. For what it is worth, the suburb of Woronora sits between Engadine and the Lucas Heights site, the PO box for your beloved ANA is around 10KM from Lucas Heights.

As for the libs pushing forward with a nuclear future for electricity generation, there are many libs who have openly rejected that policy, so dont hold your breath. Who put the kybosh on nuclear power plants in Australia, your own much loved John Howard, who I believe was a liberal, yes/no?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 29, 2024, 8:25 pm

Barney wrote:
March 29, 2024, 5:21 pm
Lats one for the weekend.

Finally a politician speaking oh the real issues regarding Nuclear. Opposition spokesman talking on how the LIB/Nat party will push forward with open discussion and a policy to lead us into the future.

Very knowledgeable and well spoken speech at COPS.

https://youtu.be/EeVPD3e1aQ8?si=uqhqfk-J4SECa_hV

https://reneweconomy.com.au/ted-obriens ... ity-check/

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 1, 2024, 11:15 am

Another nice little kerfuffle out of circus central in Canberra with 2 of the leading clowns albosleazy and casanova bowen escaping the circus tent and travelling to Scone and Muswellbrook in the Hunter region in NSW to preach climate change and building solar panels with a budget of about $1B AUD.

It appears the clowns used RAAF jets to fly them to the Hunter, problem was they used 2, one for 1 clown and entourage of make up artists and another for the 2nd clown and his make up artists. And they arrived about the same time. Dont know what cars they used once there and albosleazy said it was up to the RAAF to work out travel, sidestepping the issue. I thought sleazy was the boss. More to come on this circus act.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 1, 2024, 11:42 am

April 1st - entirely predictable you would pop up on this special day with another nothing-burger, Sport. :roll:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 1, 2024, 11:53 am

Sport, you would have been happier if they took Albo's larger plane. Of course it would have crashed as the airport runway was too short for the larger plane.

Quite sensibly they took two smaller planes which the airport could accommodate.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 1, 2024, 12:07 pm

The RAAF planes can accomodate 12-16 passengers excluding crew, why would they need 24-32 assistant clowns with them, maybe 8-12 and not staying overnight. They could have taken albos bigger jet to Newcastle and driven to Muswellbrook, about 2 hrs while listening to Skynews or 2GB. Just have to wait to see what happened with the Comm. cars.

I wont mention if they took clown 1s big jet and it crashed. Quite sensibly, lol, why did the 2 clowns have to be there, 1 could have done the BS spin. JS can go back to sleep now.

Return to “Australia”