Russia descending into internal chaos

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Russia descending into internal chaos

Post by tamada » June 25, 2023, 9:40 pm

So in this instance, RT are being factually correct.

Got it, thanks.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 25, 2023, 10:33 pm

tamada wrote:
June 25, 2023, 9:40 pm

Got it, thanks.
Nope. Some in the Western media agree with them, but by no.means all. I have read various opinion pieces saying Putin is toast, RT is not sharing that view.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 25, 2023, 10:35 pm

But Tam, I like your intelligent posts of late, you present sound opinions.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 26, 2023, 4:57 am

Whistler wrote:
June 25, 2023, 10:33 pm
tamada wrote:

Got it, thanks.
Nope. Some in the Western media agree with them, but by no.means all. I have read various opinion pieces saying Putin is toast, RT is not sharing that view.
For a moment there i thought you could tell the difference between a news item and an opinion piece.

When it comes to the NEWS about the recent deal brokered by the President of Belarus, RT and virtually all western mainstream media NEWS are in lockstep.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 26, 2023, 9:03 am

Whistler wrote:
June 24, 2023, 10:28 am

There is speculation that Putin is mobilising the Wagner group to overthrow the military.
Whistler wrote:
June 24, 2023, 9:15 pm

Putin is toast and Ukraine victorious.
Let's hope one of these two speculations proves to be accurate.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 26, 2023, 1:26 pm

tamada wrote:
June 26, 2023, 4:57 am
Whistler wrote:
June 25, 2023, 10:33 pm
tamada wrote:

Got it, thanks.
For a moment there i thought you could tell the difference between a news item and an opinion piece.

When it comes to the NEWS about the recent deal brokered by the President of Belarus, RT and virtually all western mainstream media NEWS are in lockstep.
I would never claim RT is 100% wrong, however they would not be my 'Go to' source of information for any controversial issue involving Russia. Lots of other more reliable sources around. My top pic would be Al Jazerra even if others would disagree with that choice

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 26, 2023, 5:11 pm

Prigozhin in Belarus is an interesting focus to speculate. He has not been seen for some time. Lots of things on the menu for the hot dog czar.

1. Will his income dry up, lots of hungry mercenary mouths to feed, if his catering contracts with the Russian army are torn up, he will burn through cash at quite a rate if he wants to retain his private army.

2. If Putin orders his 'disappearance' Lukashenko would have no hesitation to contribute a .45 or a new necktie to comply.

3. if Wagner survives in Balrus, will he recruit from that country's gaols, then he could be bigger than Lukashenko himself and pose a threat. Or would he instead take more roubles to attack Ukraine from the North?

Lots of possibilities that may play out, the only thing I would suggest is that the scenarios will emerge pretty soon.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 27, 2023, 5:44 am

Today, Justin Trudeau said the aborted mutiny in Russia was an internal issue for Moscow to work through.

“Everyone has a lot of questions about what this actually means, but we don’t yet have a lot of answers and too much speculation right now, I think, could probably be extremely counterproductive,” the Canadian prime minister told reporters in Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland, after meeting leaders of Nordic countries. ..."

He's probably right.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 30, 2023, 10:14 am

Whistler wrote:
Reminiscent of the civil war between the Menshaviks and the Bolshaviks in 1917. Lenin will be looking on with interest. There is speculation that Putin is mobilising the Wagner group to overthrow the military.

What an opportunity for Ukraine to ramp up its offensive to drive Russia out of it eastern provinces.
One week on the first and third statements look rather silly; however, one never knows in the world of politics. The future may well unfold as stated. For the moment it is perhaps best to wait awhile and see how things play out. Lenin may be unimpressed and speechless with what he sees and not just because he is dead.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 30, 2023, 10:32 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 30, 2023, 10:14 am
Whistler wrote:
Reminiscent of the civil war between the Menshaviks and the Bolshaviks in 1917. Lenin will be looking on with interest. There is speculation that Putin is mobilising the Wagner group to overthrow the military.

What an opportunity for Ukraine to ramp up its offensive to drive Russia out of it eastern provinces.
One week on the first and third statements look rather silly; however, one never knows in the world of politics. The future may well unfold as stated. For the moment it is perhaps best to wait awhile and see how things play out. Lenin may be unimpressed and speechless with what he sees and not just because he is dead.
If you are totally certain it is game over, and none of this is even possible, could you please send me the name of your crystal ball supplier.

I want to predict future movements of the baht, the winner of next year's Superbowl the stock price of Tesla shares by the end of 2023 and so much more.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 30, 2023, 10:40 am

In your haste, you might have missed this part: '... however, one never knows in the world of politics. The future may well unfold as stated. For the moment it is perhaps best to wait awhile and see how things play out.'

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 30, 2023, 11:14 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 30, 2023, 10:40 am
In your haste, you might have missed this part: '... however, one never knows in the world of politics. The future may well unfold as stated. For the moment it is perhaps best to wait awhile and see how things play out.'
You missed the part when you said 1 and 3 were looking silly. I would suggest you take your own advice and 'wait awhile and see how things play out' before making disparaging remarks.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 30, 2023, 11:59 am

Whistler wrote:
June 30, 2023, 11:14 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
You missed the part when you said 1 and 3 were looking silly. I would suggest you take your own advice and 'wait awhile and see how things play out' before making disparaging remarks.
You seem to read things out of context which might mean there is a comprehension problem. It is not a disparaging remark, it is a statement based on facts. I wrote, 'One week on the first and third statements look rather silly; however, one never knows in the world of politics.' Of course they look silly now but they might be right on the mark in the future. So this statement argues that it is too early to jump the gun, and it is best to wait and see what the future brings.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2023, 1:30 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 30, 2023, 11:14 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
My mum always said if you keep picking at the scabs, it'll never heal properly.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 2, 2023, 12:28 pm

One Russian lady kept a very interesting diary of the way she experienced life in Moscow for the past week. Here it is,

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/my-w ... -hnhzsr0xz

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 2, 2023, 3:49 pm

I would have liked to .open that link ,.as it was from the much respected Times newspaper.
However I refuse to pay to read something which I can probably find for free somewhere online.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 2, 2023, 5:20 pm

joudon66 wrote:
July 2, 2023, 3:49 pm
I would have liked to .open that link ,.as it was from the much respected Times newspaper.
However I refuse to pay to read something which I can probably find for free somewhere online.
The Times/Sunday Times has a special offer of five pounds subscription for a year. I think the offer is on for a few more days. I decided to buy in.

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 2, 2023, 5:43 pm

A good deal. I will certainly check it out.
Thank you

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 3, 2023, 1:26 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 30, 2023, 10:14 am

It did not require much grey matter to figure out Putin was going to.pull the plug on sending any more money to Wagner. My statement was not the slightest bit silly, it was bleeding obvious.

It has now been confirmed my first statement was spot on the money. The catering contracts with the Russian army have been cancelled.
Last edited by Whistler on July 3, 2023, 4:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 3, 2023, 2:45 am

since they mutiny occurred then halted dozens of "experts" have spewed their opinions through paid interviews and social media. I'd concur with "wait and see" since it appears no one, that's right, not no one seems to know what is really going on.. Manwhile the Ukrainian offensives continue to grind forward slowly, around Bakhmut and in Zaporhizia.. How the Wagner action will affect the Russian military ability to successfully repel the Uke pushes remains to be seen.
Dave

Return to “World News”