maxim

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

maxim

Post by tamada » April 9, 2024, 8:01 pm

Has anyone given Maxim taxi a shot yet? The word is they're cheaper than Grab. I just installed their app and it came up with 80 baht from the airport to my home on the east side.

Ta
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Re: maxim

Post by Potamoi » April 9, 2024, 11:51 pm

I have only witnessed the Maxim app on a fella’s phone leaving a bar/restaurant and the driver was on the other side of the road. I did ask the guy about his driver and seem to agree that he was over there. I walked over and told the driver to u-turn and come over the road which he did but … duah, jezze man, figure it out.
The same fella used it again a couple weeks later and it was less specific on timing than Grab generally is in my use case so I would like to hear some better use cases before I would say yay or nay on that one.
Bolt is the other option, I guess. I personally like GRAB especially when I use it in BKK. Nice to leap out without paying cash in my use cases generally. I choose the card on file method though as I understand some want to pay cash which in my world just makes it a taxi that limits your availability options.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: maxim

Post by tamada » April 10, 2024, 1:15 am

I noted when using Maxim app for my dummy run pick up and drop off location, it moved the UTH pickup point from kerbside to the AA ticket office inside. Similarly, dropping a destination pin at my house saw it moved up the street to the ice factory. If there's a driver messaging feature like Grab, then the driver could be told where to pick up and of course, once in the car, one could tell the driver where to go exactly.

Is Bolt an option in Udon? It is pretty much the go-to ride-hailing app in Bangkok and Pattaya, offering lower rates than Grab. I recall there was an issue registering a charge card with the Bolt app? My first look at Maxim only showed a cash-only payment option.

A comment on cash-only payment: it still beats the taxi, especially in some areas where the drivers refuse to use the meter.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Travel & Transport”