ICE THIEVES

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

ICE THIEVES

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 9, 2024, 12:55 am

This may come across some what contencious but hey ho ...

more n more when out n about im seeing this piss take of free ice in places

WHY SHOULD ICE BE A FREE,, WATER ISNT

Thai bars n restaurants are quite happy to charge 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 bt for ice and its openly n readily paid by everyone Thai n foreigners yet why is it Falang bars think ice is free ? .. it isnt it ccmes at an added cost to the venue owner.

bit of a debate today at CCWB on Cols bday but its time this free ice piss take stops ..

Ice is soft drinks free
Ice in sprits free

But really

THE CHOICE OF ADDING ICE to beer and totally spoiling its taste should not be at the hand of the bar owner so long as the beer is cold ..

Comorn guys .. 5 bt 10 b 20 bt god forbid 30 bt for ice .. this cheap charlie bollocks has to stop ..

OR

Why noy stick 5 bt on every beer for free ice ?? then more whinging

This is from some one who sells piss .. but only ever drinks out of cans !!!

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: ICE THIEVES

Post by noosard » March 9, 2024, 6:30 am

Now that is note quite true
a couple post ago ye was on about bucket beer

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 9, 2024, 6:54 am

If ice is required in my beer at an establishment I dont go back, BUT, some local music joints and eateries run out of cold beer as the crowd moves in, that's when i go home, OR, I get the paid for ice and have the beer, usually the 2nd 3 long neck chang promotion, put in an ice bucket. Better to have the ice surrounding the beer instead of in the glass.
A very good post for spelling drunk monkey, at 1am after a birthday session.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 9, 2024, 8:27 am

If PUI was an offence like DUI is, the Bladdered Simian would have been banned from posting for life - several times over. :drunk:

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » March 9, 2024, 9:54 am

Personally, I would never put ice in a beer but I know many fellas do and I don't judge. Some do it as a way to keep their few beers from turning into a full on spewing drunk afternoon and I respect that too.

If it were me, I would charge for the ice people want at the table for IN the beer but the beer that was too warm to serve and iced it down on the OUTSIDE to make it cold enough to serve, that would need to be on the establishment owner. I dont think anyone would complain if the ice that costs 10 baht per small bag at the mom and pop were sold for 10 baht per table bucket.

Bottom line is everything costs money. Air Con costs money. Servers cost money. Ice costs money. I think there are plenty of people in this world that only look at the price to them without looking at what the proprietor’s backend costs are like but still want beer pricing from 10 years ago.

The days of the balloon chasing, cheap bastards are over! Revolution! Crusify them, crusify them!
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 9, 2024, 10:52 am

Barney wrote:
March 9, 2024, 6:54 am
If ice is required in my beer at an establishment I dont go back, BUT, some local music joints and eateries run out of cold beer as the crowd moves in, that's when i go home, OR, I get the paid for ice and have the beer, usually the 2nd 3 long neck chang promotion, put in an ice bucket. Better to have the ice surrounding the beer instead of in the glass.
A very good post for spelling drunk monkey, at 1am after a birthday session.
Thanks Barney .. upon re reading it i was quite impressed myself bearing in mind i had partook of at least 2 or 3 beverages , whenever possible i try to drink canned beer (no glass) as it is IMO fresher than bottled so adding ice and totally destroying even Chang doing so isnt an option for me..

Ice in beer is a bull whipping offense and those who do it should be fined and placed on probation ...take a long hard look in the mirror and realize the seriousness of your actions if you add frozen water to your beer..sacre bleu.

Thanks also to Potty and even Jacksplatt for joining in the debate.

DM

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 10, 2024, 3:59 pm

Was not going to mention the different theivery but I reckon stealing loo lollies must be up there

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 10, 2024, 4:02 pm

Also you glass and can drinkers need to pay extra for all the extra bar coasters need to keep the place dry

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » March 10, 2024, 5:15 pm

''Ice Thieves'' people will steal anything these days,i ordered a bucket of ice from our local thai bbq came in one of those shiny chrome type buckets,after about 30 minutes i reached across for a few cubes and somebody had stole the ice and replaced it with water.
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 11, 2024, 9:28 am

I think there are more than one - probably a gang of the bar stewards.

They also hang out in Ban Dung, at a couple of the places I frequent.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 11, 2024, 10:32 am

Does trying to charge for ice make good business sense? I don't think so.
A bag of ice delivered is what - 40/50 Baht = the profit from one or two alcoholic drinks. Better off having a table full of happy customers than just a grumpy one, bitter and twisted after being charged for a little bit of ice in each drink.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 11, 2024, 11:06 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
March 11, 2024, 10:32 am
Does trying to charge for ice make good business sense? I don't think so.
A bag of ice delivered is what - 40/50 Baht = the profit from one or two alcoholic drinks. Better off having a table full of happy customers than just a grumpy one, bitter and twisted after being charged for a little bit of ice in each drink.
Thats one way of looking at it BDD ... from what ive seen recently a gathering of ice thieves can soon rattle off several buckets of ice whilst drinking like budgies.. possibly a small increase on the beverage price to cover ice but that MAY cause A wrath of the devil rebellion also ...

My local is 199 for 3 big Changs thats 63.3333 bt recurring so make very little on a bottle .. they do charge 20 bt for ice which does boost their profit , however as previously stated i do not put ice in beer and consider it punishable by bull whipping , if the beer isnt cold i leave.

Ban Dung maybe different .. ive heard rumours quite a few mafia renegades have made it their base of operations .. that right Jack ?

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 11, 2024, 2:04 pm

Don't know about the mafia - but I do know your maths are shiitt. 8)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » March 11, 2024, 2:34 pm

why ice should be free ? , first of all never ice in my beer unless it is a warm beer , i will put one block of ice in my beer and only drink one , so why free? , maybe as a service to your customers who do like ice in beer and whom are willing to pay for all these mostly overpriced beers , surely if they are import ..., as the cost price of a big bag of ice is 30 baht ,so pub owners ....do not play cheap charlie on this... ;)

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 11, 2024, 3:14 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 9, 2024, 12:55 am
This may come across some what contencious but hey ho ...

more n more when out n about im seeing this piss take of free ice in places

WHY SHOULD ICE BE A FREE,, WATER ISNT

Thai bars n restaurants are quite happy to charge 10 - 20 - 30 - 40 bt for ice and its openly n readily paid by everyone Thai n foreigners yet why is it Falang bars think ice is free ? .. it isnt it ccmes at an added cost to the venue owner.

bit of a debate today at CCWB on Cols bday but its time this free ice piss take stops ..

Ice is soft drinks free
Ice in sprits free

But really

THE CHOICE OF ADDING ICE to beer and totally spoiling its taste should not be at the hand of the bar owner so long as the beer is cold ..

Comorn guys .. 5 bt 10 b 20 bt god forbid 30 bt for ice .. this cheap charlie bollocks has to stop ..

OR

Why noy stick 5 bt on every beer for free ice ?? then more whinging

This is from some one who sells piss .. but only ever drinks out of cans !!!

DM
You touched on the only reason I drink my beer with ice, that is when it is not as cold as it should be, When I do get a warm beer I complain and ask for ice. I have never been charged for ice.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 11, 2024, 3:38 pm

Ice in a beer, is an acquired taste, a bit like most things in life. [-(

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 11, 2024, 4:01 pm

Just like Beer and Clamato juice

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 11, 2024, 4:30 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 11, 2024, 2:04 pm
<snip>
but I do know your maths are shiitt. 8)
Light hearted = yes:- We all make typos!!
Did you calculate that yourself Jack, or go down to Noi's noodle stand in the evening market and borrow her abacus? 8-[
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 14, 2024, 3:10 pm

Pleased you spotted my deliberate mathematical mistake Jack ... just keeping those old Ban Dung brain cells flickering ... tiz obviously 66.33333 bt recurring of course.

If i go any venue and my beer of choice isnt cold i leave , i wouldnt stay n add ice as to me this is such an atrocity i would rather gouge my eyes out with spoon whilst hanging naked upside down from a tree.

Canned beer CHANG for DM .. though i am also very partial to a glass of orange squash after church on Sundays.

* Tawandang Rose Witte in a can all be it a wee bit gay makes a nice change ... i did try the Twandang Wiezen but it was bloomin awful so gave it to my pool boy.

Friday tomorrow ..im sure the thieving of ice will be in full swing at CCWB and Papas thus so hopefully some solid video evidence so these criminals can be identified and brought to justice.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2024, 5:46 pm

What's this gurning about ice in beer being some sort of unholy act?

It's overpriced THAI beer for Chrisakes, not overpriced imported piss.

Get a grip.

Tawandang Rose Witte... good grief.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”