Charlies Xmas Speech

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Charlies Xmas Speech

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 26, 2023, 2:25 am

Well have to say that was the biggest crock of sh8te i have ever listened too ..drab unispiring twaddle... surely the speech writers could have come up.with something more for olde sausage fingers to say..... utter dog poo

Willy n Kate at the helm. ASAP please

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Charlies Xmas Speech

Post by jackspratt » December 27, 2023, 7:18 pm

Thanks for the balanced review, Jon.

I am sure most of the Anglophiles on the forum join me in expressing their appreciation of your sense of duty and respect for the Royals, in watching KC 111 on our behalves.

I was determined to also watch, but unfortunately my attention was diverted by an urgent need to clip my fingernails, and clean my toenails at the critical hour.

Willy and Kate can wait their turn.

Hopefully Charlie holds on long enough - it's in the genes after all - that many of us will not be around to witness the perfect couple. After all, Harry and Meg are only an engine malfunction away from the Big Seat. :D

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 27, 2023, 8:07 pm

What do you expect? Chuck is not the smartest crayon in the box, I understand he got the job as no other candidates were on the short list.

Imagine if you will, a head of state who is selected without any considertion regarding his abilities to do the job.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 27, 2023, 8:16 pm

Do you think he actually wrote it? May of had some input but has to be non controversial and apolitical. As for the queens xmas speeches, most utterly anodyne and boring possible. I gave up listening to those 40 years ago, rarher play Monopoly....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 27, 2023, 8:24 pm

Thanks Jack.. being a staunch royalist i was most dismayed by Charles mediocre speech... i do feel being as he is your head of state and much loved by 99.9% of all Aussies a little more respect eminating from Ban Dung would be nice at this festive time of year ... with the Brits discovering Oz and giving youz lot the chance of a better life you really should be more grateful.

On another subject ...... i recently watched the movie Wolf Creek 2 and you are a dead ringer for the main character Mick Taylor Aussie legend ..... well worth a viewing if you like the thriller horror serial killer genre ...i do... give it the first 10 mins as IMO the best opening scenes of any movie ive watched.

Dont bother with the first Wolf Creek as its very tedious and takes for ever to get going unlike the sequel 2 which is way way better.

Im sure i spotted BD Dero in there as an extra as well.

ENJOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9SkKuS-Vg

Rick they dont play monopoly in Ozz at Chrimbo .. its hide the thong, pin the tail on a kangaroo and bogun felching

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 28, 2023, 1:16 am

Dick
Dick
and...
Dick
(And none of them are DM)
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 28, 2023, 8:33 am

Whistler wrote:
December 27, 2023, 8:07 pm
What do you expect? Chuck is not the smartest crayon in the box, I understand he got the job as no other candidates were on the short list.

Imagine if you will, a head of state who is selected without any considertion regarding his abilities to do the job.
In the UK, the Tories have been doing that for about twelve years already.

Meanwhile, across the pond...
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 28, 2023, 11:50 am

tamada wrote:
December 28, 2023, 8:33 am
Whistler wrote:
December 27, 2023, 8:07 pm

In the UK, the Tories have been doing that for about twelve years already.

Meanwhile, across the pond...
Head of State, Head of Government...very different roles but I get your drift
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “Open Forum”