Essentially Monthly Income Credit Issue + rant

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Essentially Monthly Income Credit Issue + rant

Post by tamada » February 15, 2024, 10:58 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 15, 2024, 6:42 pm
tamada wrote:
February 15, 2024, 1:57 am
I think we have more disgruntled and dissatisfied members than happy and satisfied ones when it comes to immigration
How often do those who have no problem ever comment? Virtually never
How frequently do those who have a problem post? Almost always.
This just in... bad news sells.

More at ten.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » February 16, 2024, 10:01 am

I'm with STWW.

I've done several successful Visa applications for entry to the UK for a previous wife. When I applied for my current partner several years back, it was initially declined with no reason and £300+ wasted (including the trip to BKK) plus, God knows how many hours spent.

I was so p**** off I went to see my local UK MP about getting the whole Visa process overhauled. Obviously a pipe dream but she did give me a letter of support on headed House of Commons notepaper to attach to essentially the same application. That was successful.

As STWW says, at least we are able to get on the spot advice here (even if we dont like it) to amend our applications. It's a ballsache but, doable.

The British process is totally flawed. The only difference is the "tips" which kicked off this thread. I'm of the view that its systematic here so, go with the flow. I can understand why some get in a tizzy but, for me at least, it's just one of the challenges of living in a different culture.

Both systems are governed by those who cheat the system. When I was initially turned down for my partners UK visa, I looked online. There were numerous companies who offered to do the paperwork offering a guaranteed UK Visa. If theres anyone looking at this now who has a dodgy agent Visa who complains about UK immigration, take a long hard look in the mirror.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 16, 2024, 12:14 pm

tamada wrote:
February 15, 2024, 10:17 pm
Oh my goodness. We are in a proper multi-quote tizzy aren't we?
It seems that it is too advanced for you as you don't seem to, or want to understand.
tamada wrote:
BTW, the "30-days on tenterhooks" refers to the pointless bureaucratic ritual of waiting for the Thai marriage extension approval
It seems that you are rather more confused than it first appeared.
I am well aware of the time frames possible.

The waiting period for the marriage extension is not 30 days, but a minimum of 30 days, in the udon office it is always 30 days (occasionally a couple more due to work load) after your current extension finishes.

since you can apply up to 45 days prior to the extension finishing.
That is possible 45+30=75 possible under consideration period.

This is useful if you need to be out of the country shortly after your current extension finishes as you can get a re-entry permit for that period (I have used this in the past and am likely to use it this year)

tamada wrote:
No. My Thai wife has had three timely and successful UK visit visa approvals. Never, ever been anywhere near this alleged "up to 75 days" that you seem so deeply upset about so I'm sorry if it didn't work out for yours or she was refused. ...
The confusion is yours as the British visa decision is between 3 weeks and 3 months

The maximum 75 days applies to the maximum time between application and approval of a THAI extension ...

tamada wrote:

The last one granted to my wife has 10-year validity
Congratulations it makes life easier.

tamada wrote:

...while you go and gather your miscellaneous bits of paper for your ANNUAL cap-in-hand homage to the swamp on Phosri in the vain hope they won't ask for something else (again) this year.
I have never been asked for anything but the documents I submitted for any extension in the last 40 years either in Thailand or Japan.

So it's likely that I have always read and complied with requirements

If you have had extra bits required maybe you didn't or rub the IO the wrong way

FWIW I have never offered a brown envelope or been asked for one.
tamada wrote:

Anyway, you opened with a ridiculous claim that the local immigration wallet scrape is "due the people trying to game the system." What is using the tip jar, acquiescing to their 'keep the change' attitudes and agreeing to the under the table or after-hours 'consideration' if not gaming the bloody system?
You are projecting your ideas on to me and confusing and mixing them up
I have not expressed any "wallet scrape" points.

I made it clear that the extra information being required by Udon immigration is to combat the ways that the system has been gamed over the years.

Using an agent or giving a brown envelope to bypass requirements is not gaming, it is arguably, or actually, bribery

Doing things like having a pool of money that you transfer in and out of Thailand to appear to have the requisite annual income is an example of gaming the system
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on February 16, 2024, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 16, 2024, 12:24 pm

samster wrote:
February 16, 2024, 10:01 am
I'm with STWW.

I've done several successful Visa applications for entry to the UK for a previous wife. When I applied for my current partner several years back, it was initially declined with no reason and £300+ wasted (including the trip to BKK) plus, God knows how many hours spent.

I was so p**** off I went to see my local UK MP about getting the whole Visa process overhauled. Obviously a pipe dream but she did give me a letter of support on headed House of Commons notepaper to attach to essentially the same application. That was successful.

As STWW says, at least we are able to get on the spot advice here (even if we dont like it) to amend our applications. It's a ballsache but, doable.
Just a little more information if you don’t mind
Apart from the actual 15 page application (that seems to be designed by the Spanish Inquisition) roughly how many supporting documents did you supply, naturally it will depend on the planned trip, but for us it’s about another 50
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 16, 2024, 1:55 pm

A lot of that extra paper may be banknotes. 💷💷💷

A quick squiz at the relevant gov.uk website shows that the up-front application cost for a 10 year visa is north of 40,000 baht.

And the kicker is, if the 10 year application is not granted, and you are granted a lesser eg 2 year, visa, there are no refunds - they still keep all the dosh for the 10 year. :shock:

Of course, if outright refused, that is 963 quid down the gurgler. :oops:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 16, 2024, 8:05 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 16, 2024, 12:14 pm
It seems that it is too advanced for you as you don't seem to, or want to understand. ....
I've parked my cherry-picker.

Jog on.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2024, 12:43 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 16, 2024, 1:55 pm
A lot of that extra paper may be banknotes. 💷💷💷

A quick squiz at the relevant gov.uk website shows that the up-front application cost for a 10 year visa is north of 40,000 baht.

And the kicker is, if the 10 year application is not granted, and you are granted a lesser eg 2 year, visa, there are no refunds - they still keep all the dosh for the 10 year. :shock:

Of course, if outright refused, that is 963 quid down the gurgler. :oops:
Yes, a gobsmackingly huge and totally disproportionate amount of money that Theresa May and her Tory cohorts reckoned was a less obvious but effective way of telling ***** that "We don't want your sort here." Even amortized over 10 years, it's an ungodly sum, especially for those who's plans to maximise it's use have been buggered about by Covid and life in general.

With respect to THIS thread's subject matter, maybe the British government's excessive "wallet scrape" encourages the more ardent and more honest applicants to be absolutely spot-on correct and comply with the clearly-defined documentary requirements BEFORE giving VFS their (wife's) credit card number? After all, not all Thai female applicants for a UK visit were "only cashier" or "not go with man".

Anyway, as the cherry-picker has already suggested, rejections are fair-do's if you are only gaming the system.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 18, 2024, 3:39 pm

As far as the little hiccups go, no IO had ever asked for cash to 'fix' it, they just want the 2000 baht, i.e. the 100 baht tip. But woe betide you if you actually fail one of the big hurdles.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 20, 2024, 9:43 am

My rant is the 65,000 baht monthly deposit requirement for the permission to stay. Who needs that amount each month, unless you have very expensive tastes or very high rent costs.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » February 20, 2024, 10:20 am

So at the end of the year you should have a fairly large sum of unsused money. Year after year , what do you do ? You send back the extra money ?
Have a safe pleasant day.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 20, 2024, 10:29 am

Stantheman wrote:
February 20, 2024, 9:43 am
My rant is the 65,000 baht monthly deposit requirement for the permission to stay. Who needs that amount each month, unless you have very expensive tastes or very high rent costs.
Unlike the profligate foreigners that Whistler mentions, you're obviously not spending enough. If jackspratt is to be believed about Udon's IO's stalking these pages, that's a perilous admission to make there Stan.

Joking aside, you're right and for more than a few members with a decent mileage who have bought and paid for all they need here long ago, blowing 65k a month would be challenging.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 20, 2024, 8:20 pm

Stantheman wrote:
February 20, 2024, 9:43 am
Our budget is a bit over 65,000, so for us if it were a retirement extension we would be bringing in something more.

Note that amount is supporting or assisting 5 people but how the money brought in is spent is irrelevant.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 22, 2024, 9:52 am

I too do not spend 65,000 baht a month. I'll just stick with the 800,000 baht in the bank.

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » March 28, 2024, 3:46 pm

I have been on marriage visa, monthly deposit, for 5-years. Any issues with immigration has been of my own making or lack of communication skills, or misunderstanding what they are asking. On several occasions, they have allowed me to slide by on some documents.

I have nothing but respect for office workers having to deal with the public. No matter what country you are in.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2024, 5:16 pm

nutosf wrote:
March 28, 2024, 3:46 pm
I have been on marriage visa, monthly deposit, for 5-years. Any issues with immigration has been of my own making or lack of communication skills, or misunderstanding what they are asking. On several occasions, they have allowed me to slide by on some documents.

I have nothing but respect for office workers having to deal with the public. No matter what country you are in.
Synchronising 60 consecutive payments of exactly the same amount on exactly the same date each month is no mean feat so I congratulate you.

As for the immigration people? Mehhh...
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”