Israel under attack from hamas, war declared.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Israel under attack from hamas, war declared.

Post by tamada » October 18, 2023, 5:21 am

...and a hospital, apparently.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 18, 2023, 5:56 am

Apparently, Hamas uses hospitals and schools as bunkers, and for tunneling. They also try to use civilians as human shields, apparently.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 18, 2023, 6:05 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
October 18, 2023, 5:56 am
Apparently, Hamas uses hospitals and schools as bunkers, and for tunneling. They also try to use civilians as human shields, apparently.
Apparently they do. But in this instance and in the recent UN school bombing, no Hamas were present in the buildings, apparently.

Hamas don't dig invasion tunnels from south Gaza either.

Apparently.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 18, 2023, 6:09 am

Apparently the arab summit that Biden was flying in to co-host in Amman has been cancelled by the Jordanians. I guess he now has more time now to sit around the table, chewing the fat with Blinken and the Israeli war cabinet.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 18, 2023, 7:56 am

tamada wrote:
October 17, 2023, 9:10 pm
Udon Map wrote:
October 17, 2023, 7:22 pm
glalt wrote:
October 17, 2023, 9:08 am
All the major problems the world faces centers around MONEY. People are obsessed and greedy about making profits. The rich and powerful get richer. The Israel thing is the same as when the US stole the Indian lands. The native Americans were content to live off the bounty of the land hunting, fishing and farming just enough to feed the people. Greedy people wanted that land to be profitable so they stole it. Israel wants the same thing.
Huh? Perhaps I've misread your post, but what potential financial benefit for Israel is there in northern (or southern) Gaza?
It's where their forced labor comes from?
Nah, it's so difficult for Palestinians to get initial permission to enter Israel and then they have to go through the military checkpoints every day (all before this current war, of course), I don't believe that's happening. Israel has been out of Gaza for nearly two decades, how would it recruit forced labor?

tamada wrote:
Apart from that, it holds no financial or strategic value, unlike the West Bank and Golan Heights.
West Bank and Golan have strategic value, but not financial.

tamada wrote:
Interesting to note that Israel had given Palestinians 24-hours to evacuate Gaza City and the north and move south for their own safety...and then carried out air raids on the south anyway.
Yeah, just saw this. It will be interesting to see how Israel tries to justify this, if it does at all.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 18, 2023, 8:01 am

tamada wrote:
October 18, 2023, 5:21 am
...and a hospital, apparently.
Israel says that this was a terrorist rocket launch that backfired. On balance I'm inclined to believe that, -- we know that Hamas sets up rocket launching sites in schools, hospitals, etc. The IDF said that it has signals intelligence supporting that, which it has given to the U.S. (and receipt confirmed by U.S.). U.S. intelligence says that it is analyzing the info. While I'm inclined to believe Israel, I'll hold judgment until we hear from U.S. intelligence after its analysis.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 18, 2023, 9:33 am

their tunnel built missiles and rockets are known for misfiring. In that past they've had many errant rockets/missiles land on their own territory and kill their own people. with the thousands they've fired off in the last couple of weeks surely hundreds have gone astray on Gazan territory.

If it was an Israeli J-DAM bomb, the UN should be able to get forensic evidence of it to prove the Israelis did it. Conversely, if it was a Hamas or PIJ rocket/missile the same applies although I doubt the UN would be as quick to publish that info.

Regardless the Hamas logic will be, even if it was their misfired projectile it is still Israel's fault because.......
Dave

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 18, 2023, 10:59 am

"Apparently, Hamas uses hospitals and schools as bunkers, and for tunneling." as do the Israelis

"They also try to use civilians as human shields, apparently."
WELL THEN
"Once a standard Israeli military tactic, the practice was made illegal under international law in 2005. But growing evidence shows Israel is using human shields again with impunity"

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/i ... lds-rising

Typical childish tactics of "I am an individual of the Castle and your the Dirty Rascal"

Both sides will be guilty of kidnapping, rape, murder, torture you name it

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 18, 2023, 11:51 am

Doodoo wrote:
October 18, 2023, 10:59 am
"Apparently, Hamas uses hospitals and schools as bunkers, and for tunneling." as do the Israelis

"They also try to use civilians as human shields, apparently."
WELL THEN
"Once a standard Israeli military tactic, the practice was made illegal under international law in 2005. But growing evidence shows Israel is using human shields again with impunity"

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/i ... lds-rising

Typical childish tactics of "I am an individual of the Castle and your the Dirty Rascal"

Both sides will be guilty of kidnapping, rape, murder, torture you name it
The Middle East Eye is generally believed to be funded by Qatar, and is known to present a pro-Islamic Brotherhood bias. So the above accusations are not surprising. The rest of the world generally accepts that Hamas uses civilians as shields and bases rocket launchers and weapons caches in residential areas. I have yet to see any credible evidence (or even other serious accusations) that Israel does the same. But, as always, I am open to evidence. Actual evidence, that is, not biased accusations.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 18, 2023, 11:57 am

=D> =D>
Really surprised at you Doodoo. Republishing that absolute Poopoo.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 18, 2023, 12:06 pm

Very surprised at you issuing a wasteful comment regarding this .

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 18, 2023, 12:18 pm

The Iron Dome is a mobile air defense system designed to protect against short-range rockets. Please note the word "Mobile" Therefore yes it could be set up in a neighborhood, by a school, or a hospital as it is Mobile

As for funding and backing of the Middle East Eye "MEE has been accused of being backed by Qatar" "MEE has denied the accusations, saying that they are independent of any government or movement and are not funded by Qatar."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Eye

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 18, 2023, 12:53 pm

saying they use residential area is a bit much, if you threw a rock over the wall into Gaza ghettos it would hit someone on the head, keep in mind Gaza has a population density the same as Paris or Barcelona.
Since 2007, Israel has imposed an air, land and sea blockade on the Gaza Strip, saying the move is necessary to safeguard the country from Hamas’ attacks. Gaza is surrounded by concrete walls and barbed wire fences.
Palestinians are prohibited from entering or leaving the territory except in extremely rare cases such as “urgent, life-threatening medical conditions,” according to Israeli human rights group B’Tselem.
Israeli settlers are not subjected to the same restrictions. Human rights groups have described it as “the world’s largest open-air prison.”.

From the united states holocaust museum
On April 19, 1943, the Warsaw ghetto uprising began after German troops and police entered the ghetto to deport its surviving inhabitants. Jewish insurgents inside the ghetto resisted these efforts. This was the largest uprising by Jews during World War II and the first significant urban revolt against German occupation in Europe. By May 16, 1943, the Germans had crushed the uprising and deported surviving ghetto residents to concentration camps and killing centers.

About 700 young Jewish fighters participated in what became known as the Warsaw ghetto uprising. During the uprising, the civilian population in the ghetto also resisted German forces by refusing to assemble at collection points and burrowing in underground bunkers.

all sounds rather same same to me
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 18, 2023, 5:48 pm

Doodoo wrote:
October 18, 2023, 12:18 pm
The Iron Dome is a mobile air defense system designed to protect against short-range rockets. Please note the word "Mobile" Therefore yes it could be set up in a neighborhood, by a school, or a hospital as it is Mobile.
Yes, it could be. Similarly, the U.S. nuclear arsenal could be set up in an office building in Manhattan. Separately, Iron Dome is, of course, a defensive system, as you said. It's not firing rockets aimed anywhere but at incoming rockets. We're talking about launching sites for offensive rockets launched by Hamas aimed at Israel.

Doodoo wrote:
October 18, 2023, 12:18 pm
As for funding and backing of the Middle East Eye "MEE has been accused of being backed by Qatar" "MEE has denied the accusations, saying that they are independent of any government or movement and are not funded by Qatar."
Well, we don't know for certain either way, but one would expect them to deny it, no? If it's true, you certainly wouldn't expect them to admit it.

papafarang wrote:
October 18, 2023, 12:53 pm
Palestinians are prohibited from entering or leaving the territory except in extremely rare cases such as “urgent, life-threatening medical conditions,” according to Israeli human rights group B’Tselem.
Not true. Until the current hostilities, many Palestinians crossed daily from Gaza (and the West Bank) into Israel to work. They were given work permits by the Israeli authorities, according to an online Palestinian website. According to that same website, there were approximately 62,600 Palestinian workers in Israel (including both Gaza and the West Bank) in 2005. By 2020, that number had increased to 122,200.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 18, 2023, 6:57 pm

Israel Aerospace Industries is course correction artillery fuzes. The fuze, called TopGun, is an add-on fuze mounted on 155mm shells. It allows guiding the shell to its a pre-defined coordinate after it has been fired. Small wings controlled by miniature avionics embedded into the fuze is used for the guidance.
So Israel isnt all about Defence

"Well, we don't know for certain either way, but one would expect them to deny it, no? If it's true, you certainly wouldn't expect them to admit it." You were doing alright up until you started to provide excuses.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 18, 2023, 7:11 pm

"But, as always, I am open to evidence. Actual evidence, that is, not biased accusations."

We the public must accept that we will NEVER get Actual Evidence. It doesn't exist and hasnt for over a hundred years. Any information makes up part of warfare along with number of personnel, tanks, airplanes,etc So each side will bullsht there way to make it look that they are the good guys.
This was done during WW2. Common Germans had no idea that the Jews were persecuted to the point that 7 million were murdered.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » October 18, 2023, 7:17 pm

we are talking gaza, not the west bank. lets look .. 62,000 is <3% of the population . how people can keep a strait face saying its not true.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 18, 2023, 7:40 pm

Doodoo wrote:
October 18, 2023, 6:57 pm
Israel Aerospace Industries is course correction artillery fuzes. The fuze, called TopGun, is an add-on fuze mounted on 155mm shells. It allows guiding the shell to its a pre-defined coordinate after it has been fired. Small wings controlled by miniature avionics embedded into the fuze is used for the guidance. So Israel isnt all about Defence
I didn't say that it was. Please reread my post. I said that Iron Dome was defensive.

Doodoo wrote:
October 18, 2023, 6:57 pm
"Well, we don't know for certain either way, but one would expect them to deny it, no? If it's true, you certainly wouldn't expect them to admit it." You were doing alright up until you started to provide excuses.
I'm not providing excuses. Do you think that they would admit it if they were being funded by Qatar? I suggest not. Do you disagree?

I don't mind you disagreeing with me, of course, or even telling my that I'm full of it. But please don't twist what I said.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 18, 2023, 7:51 pm

Israel Aerospace Industries is course correction artillery fuzes. The fuze, called TopGun, is an add-on fuze mounted on 155mm shells. It allows guiding the shell to its a pre-defined coordinate after it has been fired. Small wings controlled by miniature avionics embedded into the fuze is used for the guidance.

This was just info to all that the poor old Israelis are so defenseless as some may think they are

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » October 18, 2023, 7:54 pm

Doodoo wrote:
October 18, 2023, 7:51 pm

This was just info to all that the poor old Israelis are so defenseless as some may think they are
Of course. Israel is anything but defenseless. But you used Iron Dome as an example, and it's not an offensive weapon. Yes, missiles can be and are remote controlled. But war, like most things in life, is not perfect. Neither is Israel. You're not suggesting that Israel doesn't have the right to respond to the attack last weekend, are you? Or only if it guarantees perfection and no civilian casualties?

Return to “Politics - Other than Thailand”