US Presidential election odds

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Whistler » February 25, 2024, 2:31 pm

Glalt, can you name the charges that the Dems have thrown at Trump? The very serious charges in Georgia have been raised in a Republican state, the Florida judge hearing the documents case has a Republican judge, courts with judges from all sides of the spectrum almost universally have squashed his political manoeuvring. You slammed the Democrats, what do you think of Jordan, Greene, Bobbert, Galtz and their ilk, what do you thinks about the GOP led investigations to impeach Biden, investigate Hunter Biden etc. No mud throwers in this bunch?

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 25, 2024, 6:13 pm

It is obvious that Trump is far from squeaky clean as far as his taxes. He openly admits that he doesn't pay any more taxes than absolutely necessary. As far as Jan 6th, I don't think that he caused that nor do I think that he is guilty of insurrection. Any man is entitled to his own opinion. As far as overstating the value of his properties, That too is up to him. Do you really think that banks believe a customers estimates. They are not in the business of loaning more than a property is worth. They use their own evaluations. That huge NY penalty will most certainly get overturned and thrown out of court. My opinion of all the charges getting thrown back and forth are dirty politics and all those career politicians should be doing their jobs rather than tit for tat charges. The bottom line is that the US government stinks to high heaven.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 25, 2024, 7:05 pm

"He (Trump) openly admits that he doesn't pay any more taxes than absolutely necessary."

There is absolutely nothing wrong with paying less taxes. Get to know the rules of the game and then apply them. This is common sense.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 25, 2024, 7:49 pm

glalt wrote:
February 25, 2024, 6:13 pm
That huge NY penalty will most certainly get overturned and thrown out of court.
I'm a litigator, and I learned decades ago that it's pointless to try to predict what judges will do.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 25, 2024, 10:06 pm

glalt wrote:
It is obvious that Trump is far from squeaky clean as far as his taxes. He openly admits that he doesn't pay any more taxes than absolutely necessary. As far as Jan 6th, I don't think that he caused that nor do I think that he is guilty of insurrection. Any man is entitled to his own opinion. As far as overstating the value of his properties, That too is up to him. Do you really think that banks believe a customers estimates. They are not in the business of loaning more than a property is worth. They use their own evaluations. That huge NY penalty will most certainly get overturned and thrown out of court. My opinion of all the charges getting thrown back and forth are dirty politics and all those career politicians should be doing their jobs rather than tit for tat charges. The bottom line is that the US government stinks to high heaven.
So claiming a $48 million loan that never existed on your tax return to avoid paying taxes, which is tax evasion, I guess is okay with you?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 26, 2024, 12:47 am

hey whats a few million dollars here n there ...... hasnt seem to bother Joe n Hunter over the many years theyve been double dealing ..

The only way to MAGA is vote DT .. 2024

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 26, 2024, 6:50 am

Nothing to see here.

HEY....LOOK OVER THERE
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 26, 2024, 7:09 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 26, 2024, 12:47 am
. . . Joe n Hunter over the many years theyve been double dealing ..
THe problem is that there's no proof. You don't hear much from the Republicans in Congress these days about impeaching Joe. That's because their star witness has admitted to lying about the whole thing and has been criminally charged with fabricating the entire story. Apparently he's been charged with lying about other things, too, like meeting with the Russians. Then there's the forensic accountant who testified before that Congressional committee. According to the Republicans, he was going to provide expert testimony about Biden financial chicanery based on his analysis of Biden bank statements and other financial records. Problem? Once he got in front of the committee and was under oath, he testified that he could find nothing wrong.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 26, 2024, 9:05 am

Whistler wrote:
February 26, 2024, 6:50 am
Nothing to see here.

HEY....LOOK OVER THERE
Exactly.

For my opinion on these Republican "get Biden" committees, see below.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/li ... a+football
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2024, 10:35 am

Even Thailand has a follow the money and unusually high wealth laws. Unfortunately it is not regularly used except in cases where someone has a bone to pick. In this high tech computer age, hiding large amounts of money is difficult. The unusual wealth part really should be easier to track. Explanations should be required.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2024, 10:43 am

glalt wrote:
February 26, 2024, 10:35 am
Even Thailand has a follow the money and unusually high wealth laws. Unfortunately it is not regularly used except in cases where someone has a bone to pick. In this high tech computer age, hiding large amounts of money is difficult. The unusual wealth part really should be easier to track. Explanations should be required but of course career politicians would NEVER go along with this requirement.They would not be able to explain where their wealth came from. The government is corrupt.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2024, 10:54 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 25, 2024, 10:06 pm
glalt wrote:
So claiming a $48 million loan that never existed on your tax return to avoid paying taxes, which is tax evasion, I guess is okay with you?
The government and very wealthy people talk in millions just like we talk about a drunken night out. The next day we figure out how much money we have spent and can't remember where all those baht went. We never do figure it out.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 26, 2024, 12:04 pm

glalt wrote:
February 26, 2024, 10:54 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
The government and very wealthy people talk in millions just like we talk about a drunken night out. The next day we figure out how much money we have spent and can't remember where all those baht went. We never do figure it out.
What does that have to do with tax evasion? And please don’t compare me with we. Maybe you can’t figure it out but I know what I spend and what I spend it on.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 26, 2024, 12:21 pm

If the odd million means nothing to Trump, why has he stiffed his lawyers, why has he stiifed a ton of subcontracters, why is asking for time to settle his legal judgements, why is he selling sports shoes, why is he selling ridiculous souvenirs and even more ridiculous collectors cards?

Regardless cheating (not minimising) on your tax is plain dumb and he has been caught out.

The guy is experiencing a serious cash crunch and it looks like it is going to get a whole lot worse.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 26, 2024, 12:28 pm

Don’t worry, @glalt will send him some money, just like the rest of his minions, to help this self-proclaimed billionaire out of his financial troubles.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2024, 3:59 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 26, 2024, 12:04 pm
glalt wrote:
February 26, 2024, 10:54 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
glalt wrote:
What does that have to do with tax evasion? And please don’t compare me with we. Maybe you can’t figure it out but I know what I spend and what I spend it on.
That answer indicates that you either don't drink or you are not a party person.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2024, 4:03 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 26, 2024, 12:21 pm
If the odd million means nothing to Trump, why has he stiffed his lawyers, why has he stiifed a ton of subcontracters, why is asking for time to settle his legal judgements, why is he selling sports shoes, why is he selling ridiculous souvenirs and even more ridiculous collectors cards?

Regardless cheating (not minimising) on your tax is plain dumb and he has been caught out.

The guy is experiencing a serious cash crunch and it looks like it is going to get a whole lot worse.
Just today I read an article from Forbes. They estimate that his wealth has dropped from 3 billion down to 2.5 billion and since Covid is recovering. He is obviously not in any financial trouble.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 26, 2024, 4:19 pm

glalt wrote:
February 26, 2024, 4:03 pm
Whistler wrote:
February 26, 2024, 12:21 pm

Just today I read an article from Forbes. They estimate that his wealth has dropped from 3 billion down to 2.5 billion and since Covid is recovering. He is obviously not in any financial trouble.
The problem with being "worth" is that it's not cash, it's mostly realestate and other investments which would need to be sold etc., and there's no way it can be done quickly

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 26, 2024, 4:31 pm

Read the Forbes Sept. article or the Yahoo evaluation.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 26, 2024, 4:31 pm

"Just today I read an article from Forbes. They estimate that his wealth has dropped from 3 billion down to 2.5 billion and since Covid is recovering. He is obviously not in any financial trouble."

Quoting an amount for people does not reflect their wealth. I remember the saying for people who farm "They are land rich but not cash rich" This could be the same for Donny and that is why he is squirming. Also he says his buildings/businesses are worth say 2 Billion whereas the Feds say they are worth 1 Billion or even less.
In the end he sinking fast

Return to “U.S. Politics”