Is America about to decend into political violence?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Is America about to decend into political violence?

Post by Whistler » June 11, 2023, 2:27 pm

This reprint from the New York Times is deeply concerning. Based on this article, it seems that there is going to be violent reactions to Trump being charged.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 5dfo0.html

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Is America about to decend into political violence?

Post by Khun Paul » June 11, 2023, 2:55 pm

Of course you expected the GOP to go quietly espeially with he loud-mouthed MAGE idiotic brogade ,MTG, T Cruz and othes mouthing violent rhetoric. Nope I small a Civil War inside the GOP,America has been damaged beyond repair following a divisive ignorant and selfish man who cares little for the Ameican People unless he is in charge

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 11, 2023, 3:13 pm

Another thread about Trump, Whistler? Do you see the United States heading in the direction of Sudanese political violence?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 11, 2023, 3:44 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 11, 2023, 3:13 pm
Another thread about Trump, Whistler? Do you see the United States heading in the direction of Sudanese political violence?
Sorry to say this, but that is quite a silly statement.

Any comparison between America and other nations, should be applied to other 'Western Democracies'. Like it or not, the USA is still the most powerful geopolitical nation in that group. A failure of democracy in America, will have worldwide implications on both the developed, emerging and undeveloped nations.

I liken what is happening to America to the early days of the rise of fascism in Italy under Mussolini. The hope is that other institutions and upholders of the law in the USA, nip Trump's fascist dreams in the bud.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 11, 2023, 4:19 pm

The States along with other countries have various issues, ban of books, guns, imprisonment issues etc Things that we have no impact or control over.
I don't pay taxes there, I don't use their schools, I don't vote there, etc.

The States is already into Political Violence if you havent noticed, for decades

"Political violence has a long history in the United States. Since the late 1960s, it was carried out by intensely ideological groups that pulled adherents out of the mainstream into clandestine cells, such as the anti-imperialist Weather Underground Organization or the anti-abortion Operation Rescue. In the late 1960s and 1970s, these violent fringes were mostly on the far left. They committed extensive violence, largely against property (with notable exceptions), in the name of social, environmental, and animal-rights causes. Starting in the late 1970s, political violence shifted rightward with the rise of white supremacist, anti-abortion, and militia groups. The number of violent events declined, but targets shifted from property to people—minorities, abortion providers, and federal agents."

The States and especially their news agencies are breeding a garden on Anti anything.
https://www.journalofdemocracy.org/arti ... ed-states/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2023, 6:01 pm

Doodoo wrote:
June 11, 2023, 4:19 pm
The States along with other countries have various issues, ban of books, guns, imprisonment issues etc Things that we have no impact or control over.
I don't pay taxes there, I don't use their schools, I don't vote there, etc.

The States is already into Political Violence if you havent noticed, for decades

"Political violence has a long history in the United States. Since the late 1960s, it was carried out by intensely ideological groups that pulled adherents out of the mainstream into clandestine cells, such as the anti-imperialist Weather Underground Organization or the anti-abortion Operation Rescue. In the late 1960s and 1970s, these violent fringes were mostly on the far left. They committed extensive violence, largely against property (with notable exceptions), in the name of social, environmental, and animal-rights causes. Starting in the late 1970s, political violence shifted rightward with the rise of white supremacist, anti-abortion, and militia groups. The number of violent events declined, but targets shifted from property to people—minorities, abortion providers, and federal agents."

The States and especially their news agencies are breeding a garden on Anti anything.
https://www.journalofdemocracy.org/arti ... ed-states/
Who is telling these "States" and their news agencies to sew such bullschizzle?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 12, 2023, 6:52 am

Corruption!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 12, 2023, 10:23 am

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 14, 2023, 2:41 pm

What's this "Looney Right" responding to exactly? I mean they need to have a stimulus after all. I doubt they wake up one morning and say, "Fuggit... I'm gonna be a Nazi!"
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 14, 2023, 3:11 pm

Some posts removed. Feel free to take issue with the substance of a post; however, no personal attacks on posters, please.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 15, 2023, 1:26 pm

tamada wrote:
June 14, 2023, 2:41 pm
What's this "Looney Right" responding to exactly? I mean they need to have a stimulus after all. I doubt they wake up one morning and say, "Fuggit... I'm gonna be a Nazi!"
AFAICT, the Looney Right is, to a great extent, responding to the equally Looney Left, also known as woke.

But there are also those who do, quite literally, wake up and decide to "be a Nazi."

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 15, 2023, 4:31 pm

Udon Map wrote:
June 15, 2023, 1:26 pm
tamada wrote:
AFAICT, the Looney Right is, to a great extent, responding to the equally Looney Left, also known as woke.

But there are also those who do, quite literally, wake up and decide to "be a Nazi."
I don't think so much about the Looney Left, I think more about being disillusioned by the soft left.

The rise of Asia saw the USA's manufacturing sector rapidly decline, everything from steel producers, auto manufacturing, clothing and footware, the list is immense with American companies offshoring to Indonesia, China, Korea and Mexico. Blue-collar workers wanted their jobs saved, they saw no point in the Democratic party as it could no longer protected jobs. They were disillusioned before, and then took up Trump's populism and xenophobia.

Any graph of political violence shows 2016 and post-2016 having Right-Wing political violence skyrocketing. Meanwhile the Looney Left has seen their violent actions plummet.

Hitler rose by portraying the German people as being victims, he blamed the Jews, Trump and the extreme Right uses the same playbook with the Democrats as the villains who are intent on destroying America. They have the finance of a few Mega rich billionaires who got what they wanted with reduced tax for the rich.

The irony of the whole thing, is no benefits have flowed to the blue collar MAGA faithful, who contribute to the greatest grifter in US history.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 16, 2023, 7:29 am

Whistler wrote:
June 15, 2023, 4:31 pm
Udon Map wrote:
tamada wrote:

Any graph of political violence shows 2016 and post-2016 having Right-Wing political violence skyrocketing. Meanwhile the Looney Left has seen their violent actions plummet.
Certainly. There's very little violence from the Looney Left, assuming that you set BLM as a category separate from the Looney Left, and I can certainly see an argument for that.
Whistler wrote:
The irony of the whole thing, is no benefits have flowed to the blue collar MAGA faithful, who contribute to the greatest grifter in US history.
Amazing, isn't it. Trump cares not a whit about the blue collars, but they have become his personality cult.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 16, 2023, 7:52 am

Another American Civil War ..coming soon !!!!

The looney lefts which hunt a constant crusade to find anyway possible to stop Trump will lead the USA deeper into unrest
and surely most voters can see through their ways so DT will triumph ....

btw .. Will Biden be indited for having docs at his home ??

Trump for POTUS ... the only way to MAGA

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2023, 8:38 am

Udon Map wrote:
June 16, 2023, 7:29 am
Whistler wrote:
Udon Map wrote:
tamada wrote:

Certainly. There's very little violence from the Looney Left, assuming that you set BLM as a category separate from the Looney Left, and I can certainly see an argument for that.
Whistler wrote:
Amazing, isn't it. Trump cares not a whit about the blue collars, but they have become his personality cult.
I think the appropriate terminology is "useful idiots".
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 16, 2023, 9:35 am

Trump and his loonies are by no means individuals or a group to bring the USA back to its so called glory years again. They are people that could easily divide the USA once again
I shouldn't say could divide but should be saying they are

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 16, 2023, 10:05 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 16, 2023, 7:52 am

DM
I don't think this is a north or south divide along the Mason-Dixon Line. For example, the orange-haired devil thought he had Georgia, but it went blue not Confederate grey.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 16, 2023, 10:25 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 16, 2023, 7:52 am

The looney lefts which hunt a constant crusade to find anyway possible to stop Trump will lead the USA deeper into unrest
and surely most voters can see through their ways so DT will triumph ....

btw .. Will Biden be indited for having docs at his home ??

Trump for POTUS ... the only way to MAGA

DM
Biden never kept docs at home, he kept them in the cellar of a pizza shop, the same one that was used by Hillary for her pedophilia activities with the lizard people.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 16, 2023, 11:22 am

civil war
noun

a war between citizens of the same country:
"they signed a peace accord ending the country's 12-year civil war"

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 16, 2023, 11:31 am

Doodoo wrote:
June 16, 2023, 11:22 am
civil war
noun

a war between citizens of the same country:
"they signed a peace accord ending the country's 12-year civil war"
Jeez thanks doodoo, I reckon only 100% of the members here knew that

Return to “U.S. Politics”