Reform UK party

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Reform UK party

Post by tamada » January 15, 2024, 2:47 pm

Adjunct to my earlier post...

"Reform UK will shatter the Tories – without winning a seat. Insurgent party set up by Nigel Farage and led by Richard Tice will cost the Conservatives 96 seats, YouGov poll predicts.

Reform UK, the Right-wing party set up by Nigel Farage, will hand Labour a huge majority by drawing millions of voters away from the Conservatives, polling suggests. The former Brexit Party, now led by the businessman Richard Tice, will cost the Conservatives 96 seats, a YouGov poll predicts.

Without the influence of Reform, Labour would not win an overall majority, it is forecast. If Reform goes ahead with its plan to contest 630 seats, Labour will win a 120-seat majority.

In several recent opinion polls, around 10 per cent of voters have said they would back Reform, a similar percentage to the Lib Dems. Because Reform’s vote is likely to be spread evenly throughout England, Wales and Scotland, the party is not expected to come first in any seat."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... -election/

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 18, 2024, 6:51 pm

In the past, I have erroneously claimed that Reform has no policy or manifesto. I was wrong.

My disdain for Reform, which I consider to be vestiges of Farage's previous political meddling, was justified when they chose to "bottle" on contesting marginal Tory seats in the 2019 election. According to Richard Tice, their current leader, this apparently will not happen this year.

“You cannot reward failure with more incumbency – you have to hold people to account,” he said. “They’ve failed, they’ve let the country down, they’ve broken the nation. And they have to be punished, and they have to be punished severely for what they’ve done to us all. It’s as simple as that.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... es-glance/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 19, 2024, 9:09 am

Some very radical and interesting policies. But it would require massive borrowing to fund them all, as the Government tax take would decline considerably. Cannot see it being practical. And scrapping net zero and boosting the use of fossil fuels - madness.

I could see many voting for this manifesto because it would make them a lot better off - IF they actually carried it through. Not sure what effect it would have on the GBP, but suspect it would go down.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 4, 2024, 7:35 am

The Plastic Chancer has thrown his hat back in the ring ......... for the moment, anyway.
Brexiter Nigel Farage returns to politics as Reform UK leader, challenges Prime Minister Rishi Sunak

Pro-Brexit campaigner and politician Nigel Farage has stepped back into front-line politics, announcing he will lead the right-wing Reform Party as a candidate in the upcoming British general election.

Mr Farage, 60, had previously said that he would not stand in the July 4 vote in order to help his friend Donald Trump fight the US election later this year....

..... Mr Farage said he would run in the seaside town of Clacton-on-Sea in his eighth attempt to win a seat in the House of Commons.

His seven previous tries all failed.......
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-04/ ... /103931342

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2024, 8:54 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 4, 2024, 7:35 am
The Plastic Chancer has thrown his hat back in the ring ......... for the moment, anyway.
Brexiter Nigel Farage returns to politics as Reform UK leader, challenges Prime Minister Rishi Sunak

Pro-Brexit campaigner and politician Nigel Farage has stepped back into front-line politics, announcing he will lead the right-wing Reform Party as a candidate in the upcoming British general election.

Mr Farage, 60, had previously said that he would not stand in the July 4 vote in order to help his friend Donald Trump fight the US election later this year....

..... Mr Farage said he would run in the seaside town of Clacton-on-Sea in his eighth attempt to win a seat in the House of Commons.

His seven previous tries all failed.......
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-04/ ... /103931342
"Plastic Chancer"... Gold!

I always thought "Mr. Flippy Floppy" was a bit hard for the linguistically challenged.

It appears that after Trump's convictions, Nige's US talk show bookings went through the floor so he needs a new revenue stream.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “U.K.”