Obtaining A Thai Birth Certificate For My Significant Other Of 30 years.

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
thaithai

Obtaining A Thai Birth Certificate For My Significant Other Of 30 years.

Post by thaithai » March 13, 2024, 1:37 am

She is 14 years my senior and was brought to USA during the Vietnam "conflict" by an air force pilot who never followed through with getting all her necessary paperwork filed/documented.
She has her original birth certificate which is in Thai but cannot get a state issued ID with what she has since 911 attack. All visa related documents are far outdated (before I met her) and honestly I am at a loss big time.
If this is not in the proper sub forum, please forgive me.
Saithong is 74, retired and has been having issues of late physical and mental. I want to do whatever I can for her as she has been the best part of my life since we met.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get a US accepted Thai birth certificate so that she can get a current ID and the freedoms that comes with this (including marriage)?
Before the 911 attack in New York obtaining ID wasn't an issue but now everything has changed.
I know it's a lot and hope someone may have an answer or if there are questions needed to be asked please do not hesitate.
May you and yours be healthy and blessed always,
J [-o<

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Obtaining A Thai Birth Certificate For My Significant Other Of 30 years.

Post by tamada » March 13, 2024, 8:09 am

Does she know of any surviving relatives residing in Thailand?

In order to get the US state-issued ID, she would probably need to provide a Thai government issued ID card.

Obtaining a Thai ID card initially requires the applicant to be registered in a house book in Thailand, the blue-colored 'tibian bahn' document. As far as I know, this application cannot be done remotely or online.

Have you contacted the Royal Thai Embassy's consular affairs for advice on how to proceed? They won't be able to provide a fast solution but will provide correct information as well as any notarial services that may be required by government entities in Thailand.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

thaithai

Post by thaithai » March 15, 2024, 1:43 am

First my thanks for replies.
Processing the info as RTE was my first thought.
I will get back ot after some thinking/communicating with her.
Again, thanks.
J

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 15, 2024, 6:36 pm

J, you say you have the lady's original Thai birth certificate, so you could probably send it to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bangkok, then they can translate it to English and authenticate it with a stamp from the Ministry which is acceptable to the US Government. They have offered this service by mail for a few years now, and it is very inexpensive and extremely convenient. I used it for my wife's documents, and we had no problems whatsoever on the USA side.

The link is below, so just use your computer to translate it to English and follow the instructions. There is a phone number and email to contact them if you have further questions. Good luck!

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicser ... VZtuhPNyIc
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 17, 2024, 1:09 pm

"brought to the States." That implies she came in on an immigrant visa and must have, at one time had a Green Card.. Immigrant and Naturalization should have records of that.. So, in the long intervening years she probably lost her Thai Passport too? I agree with other posters that the Thai Embassy is where you should go for any type of documentation from the Thai government.. They should be able to assist...
Dave

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”