Murdoch steps down

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Whistler
udonmap.com

Murdoch steps down

Post by Whistler » September 22, 2023, 11:34 pm

Rupert Murdoch steps down as Chairman of News Limited and Fox News.

I have yet to see one accolade from any sector about his decision. Described by some as Australia's most toxic export, he will not be missed by anybody that values truth and honesty for the fifth estate.

Some have compared him with Bellzebub but I suggest that the devil was never as evil as Murdoch.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Murdoch steps down

Post by jackspratt » September 23, 2023, 9:23 am

This snippet probably indicates the direction Fox will be heading under new Chairman, Lachlan Murdoch.
Lachlan Murdoch welcomes former PM Tony Abbott's Fox Corporation board of directors bid

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-09-23/ ... /102893364
For those who don't remember Tony, he is a hard right conservative, widely recognised as Australia's 2nd worst ever Prime Minister.

And the man who (for a very short time) re-introduced the Pommie awards system to Australia - dubbing an embarrassed poor old Phil the Greek as Sir Prince Phillip etc etc.

As for Murdoch Snr - as someone described him yesterday - a scourge on humanity.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 23, 2023, 4:05 pm

Don't expect Lachlan to back off on all things Right Wing, if anything it will probably get worse, another Murdoch, but with a double dose of brashness.

There is a saying in Scotland 'Rags to rags in three generations' in this case, the word 'rag' is ironic. Young Lachy has the promise of overstepping the mark, in fact, he has a history of doing so.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Idodged1

Post by Idodged1 » September 24, 2023, 6:07 am

Rupert has done "some" good.....you have to give him credit for taking on scientology.....they were relentless in revenge on him and his family.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 24, 2023, 11:57 am

Do you think Murdoch took on Scientology for the better good, or maybe, just maybe he realised that attacking that ratbag cult would sell more media? As for their revenge on his family, more grist for the mill.

I can see his gravestone 'Here lies the body of a good man, he took on Scientology'.

Idodged1

Post by Idodged1 » September 26, 2023, 5:47 am

He also exposed the "children overboard" as a lie.
Sometimes he even takes on the right wing political party.
Hey, I'm not saying he's "balanced" or "fair" , most of his coverage is outright biased. He also copped a huge fine for his coverage of Trumps lies about the election results. I think it was 800 Million dollars.
In my opinion, you can't trust any Media, they all have bias and they mostly just want to make money and/or manipulate the proletariat.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 26, 2023, 3:23 pm

Idodged1 wrote:
September 26, 2023, 5:47 am
He also exposed the "children overboard" as a lie.
Sometimes he even takes on the right wing political party.
Hey, I'm not saying he's "balanced" or "fair" , most of his coverage is outright biased. He also copped a huge fine for his coverage of Trumps lies about the election results. I think it was 800 Million dollars.
In my opinion, you can't trust any Media, they all have bias and they mostly just want to make money and/or manipulate the proletariat.
The Sydney Daily Telegraph blasted the children overboard all over the front page and carried on about it for days. It was only when Max Moore-Wilton (From Howard's own office) admitted it was a beat-up by John Howard that the story was exposed. News Limited in no way led the charge.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”