Foreigners behaving badly

Thailand news, views and comments
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Foreigners behaving badly

Post by jackspratt » April 1, 2024, 1:25 pm

tamada wrote:
April 1, 2024, 9:12 am

Are you serious? If I came across some idiots of any breed wrestling a gun from a cop or anyone for that matter, I wouldn't be standing around trying to capture anything on my phone, let alone the whole event. But that's probably just me.
Well there you go.

You probably wouldn't video grizzly scenes at traffic accidents, or suicides, or murders. But plenty of locals would, and do.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 1, 2024, 3:56 pm

Perhaps its the other way..they have taken all smarty phones and cctv footage because it might show their man loosing his rag and pulling a gun, on fellas who after being turned down on offering some tea money, were about to leave..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 1, 2024, 4:54 pm

Pair of idiots.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 1, 2024, 11:55 pm

In the a number of countries, courts can prohibit the media displaying evidence of crime that may be considered be prejudicial to a Person having a fair trial or someone being tried in the public domain before they get to trial.

In many other countries it maybe a He or a She or even a Service Providers, who makes the rules, in which case it is He or a She or even a Service Provider that will decide what we get to see and what we don't get to see on social media. One thing for certain, it is not a level playing field from one country to the next.

Thailand has some unique laws, including one related to deformation. Just try posting something unpleasant (even if truthful) about the hospitality industry or one of its venues or even certain individual and see where ones ends up. Often the law is open to a somewhat broad interpretation, by ......... and so not necessarily the same one that may be held by the Courts.

I suspect disclosing most events on social media is acceptable in Thailand, but that this too may have limits. I might be wrong.

Then in Th...there is the Computer Crimes Act, (which I admit I have not read in full) and this Act may have some bearing on a person ability to disclose this issue on social media, to the full extent, if it just happened to show something that it should not, by either Persons. A person if he had a video or even a Service Provide may be somewhat cautious in this instance, if they have further video evidence and hence prefer to stay out of it and or hand it over through "proper" channels. [-(

In this day and age, everything is traceable and many people tend to stay out of other people's troubles. That just the way it is. =; [-(

Ask yourself, as Expats living in another country, if you were the person who had videoed the event from start to finish, or you were given the video by others, would any of you post it on WhatsApp or ..........under your name? [-( [-( :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 2, 2024, 9:40 am

There is a saying which is quite apt here,
Unintelligent can be educated
Craziness can be medicated
Sadly nothing can be done for stupidity and it is the last sentence that applies to these two NZ numpties

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 3, 2024, 6:14 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
April 2, 2024, 9:40 am
Sadly nothing can be done for stupidity and it is the last sentence that applies to these two NZ numpties
Not so sure on that KP a holiday at the monkey house should knock stupidity out of them

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 4, 2024, 7:24 am

noosard wrote:
April 3, 2024, 6:14 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
April 2, 2024, 9:40 am
Not so sure on that KP a holiday at the monkey house should knock stupidity out of them
I think a 7 figure fine and immediate deportation after a month stay at BAngkok Hilton will educate them quicker and also hurt them financially

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 6, 2024, 6:56 am

At last it appears that Thailand is understanding that loosening of requirements for some Nations is having an adverse effect, Highlighting the growing Russian expat lawlessness in many areas is now becoming a headache for Authorities, what I also notice is more Expats behaving badly with fights, weapons used etc, maybe it is the heat or more likely the dregs are coming back assisted by the law breakers already here.
AS is so common ( seen in Bangkok ) Nationalities club together to overrun and create ghettos of similar folk , initially to make friends etc, but also to make areas their own ,ignoring the local laws as their rules and common nationality makes for a better life . Creating problems for Thai agencies including the Police numerous problems but also creates a place where corruption is planned and executed including against their own nationality .

Return to “Thailand News”