Russia

World news discussion forum
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Russia

Post by Whistler » February 7, 2024, 3:31 pm

rick wrote:
January 27, 2024, 7:48 pm
Putin is just waiting until Donald takes over and cuts off Ukraine's military aid. If that happens, Ukraine will have to ask for a ceasefire. Putin might agree, but only if Ukraine cedes him all the captured lands. Meanwhile, meat grinder for another 12-15 months. Russia has millions of conscription aged men, training is irrelevant.
If the yanks with hold funds, I think you can expect European nations to up their contribution. They don't want a triumphant Russian bear on their doorstep. The Baltic states in particular would feel very vulnerable

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 7, 2024, 5:10 pm

Post gone?

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 12, 2024, 2:07 pm

According to Putin's filing for this year's presidential election, he is not a rich man. He makes $125k/year, owns 2 small apartments and 3 cars (1960 and 1965 Volga and 2009 Lada).
Meanwhile, Biden makes $400k/year, owns 2 homes and owns a !967 Chevy Corvette.
Attachments
Biden's Corvette.jpg
Biden's Corvette.jpg (9.67 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
Putin's car.jpg

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 12, 2024, 2:42 pm

mak wrote:
February 12, 2024, 2:07 pm
According to Putin's filing for this year's presidential election, he is not a rich man. He makes $125k/year, owns 2 small apartments and 3 cars (1960 and 1965 Volga and 2009 Lada).
And if you believe that's the extent of his assets, I have a bridge that I'd like to sell you.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 12, 2024, 3:01 pm

Humor.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 14, 2024, 5:57 am

Russia 'will raise age limit of military personnel by 20 YEARS to 70.
Russia Investigating Disappearance of More than 50 Aircrafts Amid Allegations of Transfer to “Unfriendly Countries”, Including Ukraine.
Dude! Where is my plane.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2024, 8:50 am

Some western, anti-war voices claiming that Russia can make munitions and matériel faster and easier than NATO and/or EU can replenish Ukraine's armaments.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 14, 2024, 9:41 am

Maybe true that production is faster and easier but how is Russia's quality control doing during this time?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 15, 2024, 3:57 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 14, 2024, 9:41 am
Maybe true that production is faster and easier but how is Russia's quality control doing during this time?
Good point. Maybe on par with the 'quality control' of the drafted 60 and 70 year-olds.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 22, 2024, 9:10 am

A Russian helicopter pilot who defected to Ukraine last year in a secret operation has been found dead in Spain.
The reports claimed he had been murdered by unknown gunmen who fired 12 shots.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 24, 2024, 10:41 am

"Canada announces new sanctions against Russia" With the States, Europe, UK and Canada is there anything left that cant be sanctioned?

JohnKing
udonmap.com

Post by JohnKing » March 14, 2024, 5:07 pm

Sanctions are waste of time unless we get tough with big business. Big Business is killing Ukrainians. Want to hurt the Russian economy just tell all companies like Pepsico and many others, if you do any kind of business in Russia you can not do business in the UK, US, EU, Japan, Australia and Canada. If you continue to do business in Terrorist Russia we close your business tomorrow. That would be real action but it will not happen. Profit comes before Ukrainian lives.
And Yes I have a vested interest. I have a home in Ukraine and was based for more than 10 years working for a Ukrainian TV group in the city of Dnipro, formerly Dnepropetrovk.
Glory to Ukraine. Death to the Russian Terrorists.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2024, 7:15 am

Strange coincidence that within days of Putin being re-elected President and hours of their UN security council veto of of the latest resolution on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, ISIS have shown how woefully unprepared Putin's Russia is to terrorism. The security services and firefighters took up to an hour to respond? Just shows the current leadership's contempt for the dumb proles that keep them in power. I guess the security services were resting after their very tough assignments protecting those blighted souls on stage singing Putin's praises in Red Square the other night.

Despite the US security warning of precisely this type of attack by precisely this group being imminent, Putin, the army chief and more directly Medvedev have already made their minds up to use the attack as a "carte blanche" for more civilian atrocities in their Ukrainian depredations.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » March 28, 2024, 5:13 am

I guess the russians are going on the assumption America is back to funding extremist groups again to kill russians. Follow my lead here. Afghanistan, mujhadeen , Taliban . There is a high possibility they might be right. The CIA have gotten out of control before . But anyway what I was going to post about is drones. Seems some lucky russian units get pro grade skeet shooters working with them, what a brilliant idea . This drone war is nasty. Putin is right, if the french go in they will die along with all Ukrainians and Russians. It doesn't matter how good your troops are or what weapon's you give them all will die. I wonder which European countries are willing to sacrifice 10,000's of it's citizens. On the front line in Ukraine you are just waiting for god to come and collect you. That's the same for both sides.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

JohnKing
udonmap.com

Post by JohnKing » March 28, 2024, 11:53 am

Never thought I would be happy with anything IS did. But I will be very happy if they set off bombs in every Russian city. The more dead Russians the better!!! Freedom to Ukraine.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 28, 2024, 12:16 pm

The Russian people are not to blame nor any other nationality .
ISIS , Putin are on the list though

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 28, 2024, 1:01 pm

If one rads history, the mess that is now Russia is almost the same as happened o trigger the last revolution. abuse of power by the elite triggered the last revolution and NOW abuse of power by a few is having another effect of slowly turning the people against the governing elite.This time though there will be far wider international consequences if it all goes horribly wrong .
Luckily or not depending on your point of view, surrounding nations having once had the Russian Boot on their necks, do NOT want it restored so there is some saving grace as hey will be able with help to hopefully curtail Putin's aggression somewhat. Watch this space everything is up for grabs`.

JohnKing
udonmap.com

Post by JohnKing » March 28, 2024, 1:39 pm

The Russian people allow the situation. They all rise up tomorrow Putin would be gone.
The Ukrainian did that and threw out Putin's puppet, Yanachovich. So many died doing that for freedom!
The British would not accept a Dictator.
The Americans might want one in Trump.
But there are people in the world who will not accept.
I am British but have residency in Ukraine as a TV Presenter for English Language TV from the city of Dnipro.
You have any sympathy for any Russian let me introduce you to parents of dead Ukrainian children.
The only good Russian now is a dead Russian and I send as much as I can to Ukraine to buy bullets to kill Russians.
Freedom to Ukraine

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 28, 2024, 9:04 pm

It seems that Russia Today (RT), a favourite source for one of our most prolific correspondents, had no hesitation in joining with other Russian propaganda sites in placing the blame for the Moscow terror attack on Ukraine.

https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/media ... /103647366 (about 1.26m in, although the entire 3+ minutes are worth watching).

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 1, 2024, 2:16 pm

"The Kremlin is demanding that Ukraine arrest its security chief and send him to Russia"

Return to “World News”