Hong Kong's Freedom

World news discussion forum
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Hong Kong's Freedom

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 4, 2023, 7:45 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 4, 2023, 5:39 pm
Sounds somewhat similar to what the USA forces offered for Saddam Hussein for his capture dead or alive BUT
$25,000,000USD
It does with the exception that Saddam stayed in his own country and did not seek refuge in a safer place.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 4, 2023, 8:57 pm

OK lets take all of the up Masters of the Nazis that the Mossed hunted down

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2023, 3:54 am

joudon66 wrote:
July 4, 2023, 5:29 pm
The UK and other european countries have turned a blind eye to China setting up covert police forces on
our soil wirh their BS excuse of helping Chinese natiomals. This along with sharia law being subtley introduced , one beggars the question what are the local police doing ? Easy answer sweet F A.
Where is Sharia law being subtley (sic) introduced?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2023, 3:55 am

Doodoo wrote:
July 4, 2023, 8:57 pm
Are you on the turps?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 5, 2023, 7:19 am

I always remember my parents saying "Don't speak unless you re spoken to"

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2023, 7:26 am

Doodoo wrote:
July 5, 2023, 7:19 am
I always remember my parents saying "Don't speak unless you re spoken to"
If you've sobered up, maybe you can advise what "up Masters" and "Mossed" are?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 5, 2023, 7:35 am

Tamada Sharia courts and councils in UK and Wales were the subject of a government investigation ordered by the then Home secretary in 2016 so concern was raised then. The report can be read on line. Since the first sharia court was set up in east London in the 1980's there have been many reported incidents of how sharia law has expanded . Why has a Muslim police officers association been allowed? Set up in 2007 now with over 2000 members. If a Christian police officers association were to be set up, there is little doubt that screams of indignation and calls of racism would quickly emanate from the left and msm. Heads in the sand if you wish, but our laws and enforcement of those laws are being steadily eroded.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2023, 8:09 am

Running parallel to the UK's own judicial system, there are around 30 Sharia 'councils' in the UK but these are not Sharia courts of law. The Sharia councils' decisions are based on Islamic religious laws and cannot overrule the UK courts, or make decisions that are contrary to UK law. They are mostly involved with civil law and divorce. Regardless, any decisions made by these councils must comply with British law.

There are no Sharia courts so no theives hands will be cut off nor will there be stoning of adulterers. That's illegal in the UK.

The British police are free to set up a "Christian police officers association" if they feel sufficiently threatened. Right now they aren't and as for the Met, right now have bigger fish to fry.

Back on topic, it's suggested that these overseas Chinese "citizens advise bureaus" or "police stations" have been working illicitly and I have no doubts on the veracity of the Chinese people claiming harassment and worse. The CCP is now using Hong Kong's security as an excuse for others to go bounty hunting.

Is the Hong Kong police party to Interpol? Maybe it was when it came under British rule? Either way, I don't think politically motivated arrest warrants are entertained but I am sure they'll find some other, more acceptable "crime" that these dissidents are guilty of.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 5, 2023, 8:18 am

There should . imo, be no Muslim councils dealing with anything. Divorce, family matters and civil actions are already covered by UK law. The litmus test is simple, would any Christian councils be permitted in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 5, 2023, 10:31 am

Doodoo wrote:
July 4, 2023, 8:57 pm
What's this got to do with Hong Kong? Start a thread about Nazis hunted down by the Mossad, and away ya go.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2023, 10:43 am

joudon66 wrote:
July 5, 2023, 8:18 am
There should . imo, be no Muslim councils dealing with anything. Divorce, family matters and civil actions are already covered by UK law. The litmus test is simple, would any Christian councils be permitted in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.?
When there's ever a similar demographic of native-born Muslims and Christians in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia as there is in the UK, possibly.

Anyway, this is about Hong Kong's Freedom, not your imo on Sharia councils in the UK.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 5, 2023, 3:29 pm

"If you've sobered up, maybe you can advise what "up Masters" and "Mossed" are?"

Before people accuse others of certain acts they should have facts(which a narcissistic normally doesn't) Otherwise allegations as such can bring repercussions

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 5, 2023, 3:59 pm

Tamada ,When I meet up and have lively discussions with my Farang friends , one topic leads to others and so on and so forth.similar to Udon Map. Freedoms in HKG are intrinsiclly linked to freedoms in general so not off topic .
If you want to be purist then perhaps any topic not directly affecting Udon should not appear, but I for one like to hear other peoples views on most things. Even yours.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 5, 2023, 5:26 pm

Many of you will find this video about Hong Kong's National Security Law on this thread to be out-of-place. Indeed, views on Nazis and sharia law seem more suited to discussion here. Nevertheless, the video is worth a view for anyone with an interest in Hong Kong.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/ho ... -1.6895929

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 5, 2023, 5:51 pm

I used to visit Hong Kong regularly in my airline years.
i was there 5 weeks ago and for me , it seemed that
very little if anything has actually changed.
The future is obviously uncertain but for me it appeared business as usual.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 5, 2023, 7:50 pm

joudon66 wrote:
July 5, 2023, 5:51 pm
That's great news.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2023, 9:48 pm

joudon66 wrote:
July 5, 2023, 3:59 pm
Tamada ,When I meet up and have lively discussions with my Farang friends , one topic leads to others and so on and so forth.similar to Udon Map. Freedoms in HKG are intrinsiclly linked to freedoms in general so not off topic .
If you want to be purist then perhaps any topic not directly affecting Udon should not appear, but I for one like to hear other peoples views on most things. Even yours.
Totally and wholeheartedly agree.

So if Sharia law in the UK boils your piss, start a thread.

See you there.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 6, 2023, 2:16 pm

Since the Hong Kong authorities issued their 'Communist Fatwa', as one British MP labelled it, four Hong Kong residents have been arrested for supposedly aiding the overseas Hongkongers.

'Hong Kong national security police have arrested four men it accused of providing financial support to people who fled overseas and are involved in activities endangering national security, escalating a high-profile crackdown in the city.

Hong Kong police did not identify the four men they accuse of supporting overseas dissidents
Two in Australia — Kevin Yam and Ted Hui — were issued with arrest warrants this week
More than 260 have been arrested under the city's national security law since widespread 2019 protests
The move comes two days after issuing warrants and bounties against several foreign-based activists, including Australian citizen Kevin Yam and Adelaide resident and former Hong Kong politician Ted Hui.

Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese said yesterday it was "unacceptable" that Hong Kong has put bounties on two Australian residents.

Hong Kong Chief Executive John Lee said on Tuesday that the eight would be "pursued for life".

Britain-based Christopher Mung, a trade union activist, said this was an attempt to strike fear in pro-democracy activists both in Hong Kong and overseas that would not work.

"If we stop what we're doing because of the fear, because of this type of intimidation, we are actually going to encourage the Chinese government to do more intimidation, to do more arrest warrants, and that is unacceptable," he told reporters in Britain's parliament.

Finn Lau, another activist now based in Britain, said he will continue to speak out.

"We have to keep on fighting on behalf of those who cannot," he said.

"I've got friends detained in Hong Kong prisons. We got ... lots of Hongkongers who want to do something in Hong Kong, but they couldn't because of the invisible red line.'

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-06/ ... /102567990

Also, two of the Hong Kong dissidents resident in England have called on the six retired British judges who sit on Hong Kong's final court of appeal to resign: ' They urged six senior retired British judges, including two former presidents of the Supreme Court, to resign as overseas representatives on the Hong Kong final appeal court.

'If the judges did not do so, Lau said, they should be stripped of the titles that allow them to sit in the Lords and banned from practising law.' https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hong ... -sr8vn2zkw

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 6, 2023, 8:18 pm

joudon66 wrote:
July 5, 2023, 5:51 pm
Similar to Xinjiang I guess. ;)

Nothing to see here, move along ........ :-#

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 7, 2023, 2:06 pm

News from the Hong Kong Legislature is coming fast and thick this week. In the latest development it was announced that the number of freely elected district council seats will be reduced from 452 to 88. Pro-democracy candidates won 388 of those seats in the last election in 2019. Furthermore, all candidates will be subject to a patriotic test before they can campaign: 'Candidates who want to run in the next election will have to pass a national security background check and secure at least three nominations from several committees, effectively barring most democracy advocates from running.'

Patriots is what China wants and demands from Hong Kong. 'Although Hong Kong's district councils (DC) are mainly focused on community issues, such street sweeping and bus stops, Beijing and Hong Kong authorities say they want to ensure only "patriots" can be elected to them.

The city leader, John Lee, hailed the amendment as an important milestone in improving governance.

"We must plug the institutional loopholes and completely exclude those anti-China and destabilising forces," he said in a statement.

"This legislative exercise implements the principle of 'patriots administering Hong Kong' ... DCs are firmly in the hands of patriots."

China had promised universal suffrage as an ultimate goal for Hong Kong in its mini-constitution, the Basic Law.'

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 023-07-06/

Return to “World News”