Another disenfranchised ethnicity being shafted by their own religious leadership

World news discussion forum
tamada
udonmap.com

Another disenfranchised ethnicity being shafted by their own religious leadership

Post by tamada » November 24, 2023, 8:59 pm

‘We won’t leave’: Armenians in Jerusalem push back against armed settlers

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2023 ... d-settlers

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Another disenfranchised ethnicity being shafted by their own religious leadership

Post by AlexO » November 25, 2023, 12:01 am

Wow Tam
Another World Exclusive from the neutral Al Jezera. Better than The National's blurb I suppose.
Might as well believe the Hamas lies. Tell me, do you believe this crap, or are you just looking for a reaction.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Another disenfranchised ethnicity being shafted by their own religious leadership

Post by Whistler » November 25, 2023, 1:03 pm

AlexO wrote:
November 25, 2023, 12:01 am
Wow Tam
Another World Exclusive from the neutral Al Jezera. Better than The National's blurb I suppose.
Might as well believe the Hamas lies. Tell me, do you believe this crap, or are you just looking for a reaction.
Not al-Jazeera exclusive, widely reported by many news outlets, the real deal.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 25, 2023, 1:30 pm

I'm not going to believe it until I read it in The Guardian.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 26, 2023, 7:00 am

I'm pleased that Douglas Murray has some sort of opinion on the plight of the Armenian diaspora.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 26, 2023, 3:21 pm

https://www.britannica.com/event/Armeni ... e/Genocide

Tam, there's absolutely no denying that the Armenians have been systematically abused as a race since the Muslim Ottoman Empire decided the Christians should be eradicated.
I will admit my initial response to your post was rather too robust.
Quite amusing to see obviously Muslim people decrying the West as colonist devils but totally deny the spread of Islam was by peoples who visited the desert and really wanted to clean their asses with sand, not by invasion and beheading.
I will admit to being an admirer of Mr. Murray. Not his lifestyle but his intellect and way of thinking.
Imagine having the audacity to show Muslims screaming rape their wives and daughters and the good old non political police removing posters showing Israeli hostage's photos from walls in London. Wonder if Laxley Lennon would be a free man if he did this.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 27, 2023, 10:09 am

Douglas Murray is an incisive commentator. I like his earlier stuff, as it is very insightful with remarkably balanced presentation. His more recent offerings, not so much.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”