Israel's Aims since 1948

World news discussion forum
rick
udonmap.com

Israel's Aims since 1948

Post by rick » April 18, 2024, 10:57 pm

Came across this interesting snippet from Tom Cooper on Sarcastosaurus

And so, back then in early 1948, after few weeks of collecting intelligence, the JCS sat down and filled their report. Their answer to Truman. Between others, this explained that the Zionists were already in position of military superiority (not only vis-à-vis the Palestinians, but all the Arab neighbours of Palestine, too) and there was no danger of them losing any kind of a war.

Moreover, they’ve stressed the following:

'Zionist strategy will seek to involve [the United States] in a continuously widening and deepening series of operations intended to secure maximum Jewish objectives.’

Marked 'top secret', the document in question was issued on 31 March 1948. If anybody might care to try finding it again, it is collecting dust in the Decimal File 1946-1948, Plans and Operations Division, 091 Palestine TS (Section IIA, Case 6), Record Group 319, of something called the National Archives (of the USA).

(Nope: the last time I’ve checked, it wasn’t scanned to become available online. Why care about such unimportant affairs?)

Ah yes… BTW, the same document listed these (Zionist) objectives as follows:

- A) initial Jewish sovereignty over a portion of Palestine;

- B) acceptance by great powers of the right to unlimited immigration;

- C) the extension of Jewish sovereignty over all of Palestine;

- D) the expansion of ‘Erez Israel’ into Transjordan and into portions of Lebanon and Syria, and

- E) the establishment of Jewish military and economic hegemony over the entire Middle East...

From my point of view, this actually reads like a sort of ‘definition’ of the Israeli doctrine for the next 80 years (probably longer, but I can’t predict the future: so, why bother?). Although written months before Israel officially came into being, it’s defining, very precisely, what were the (future) Israelis after. Step by step.

‘But, that is history’, and therefore ‘irrelevant’. Have got to hear this even from a very dear (and, highly professional, at least in regards of all other affairs but those related to ‘Holy Land’) colleague, about a year ago.

Seems the plan is still ongoing and working. Reality is they were never the poor defenceless people in risk of annihilation.

Also Tom mentions that Israel has had nuclear ballistic missiles in underground silos for a long time.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Israel's Aims since 1948

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 19, 2024, 2:16 am

UMap
no need for another thread just bung this in the other mire of war zone stuff .

i mean there is already an alternative thread

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 19, 2024, 7:30 am

Rick, what has been the rather simplistic aim of the Palestinian leadership since 1948 again? Your response could add some balance to your topic.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 19, 2024, 3:36 pm

rick wrote:
April 18, 2024, 10:57 pm
And so, back then in early 1948, after few weeks of collecting intelligence, the JCS sat down and filled their report. Their answer to Truman. Between others, this explained that the Zionists were already in position of military superiority (not only vis-à-vis the Palestinians, but all the Arab neighbours of Palestine, too) and there was no danger of them losing any kind of a war.
Do you have any reputable source for this alleged 1948 report on Zionist goals?

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 21, 2024, 1:49 am

As quoted, in the National Archives of the USA.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 21, 2024, 2:23 am

rick wrote:
April 21, 2024, 1:49 am
As quoted, in the National Archives of the USA.
That's where this guy says that he got it. I gather that you haven't seen it yourself.

OK, but let's accept that it's really there. Seems to me that Israel's actual behavior belies this opinion, all, or nearly all, of its major military actions have been responsive, not initiated by Israel.

Return to “World News”