Uk passport

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Uk passport

Post by Khun Paul » September 13, 2023, 7:22 am

noosard wrote:
September 13, 2023, 7:00 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 12, 2023, 9:42 pm

There will be a strict dress code for any party ...just so you know.

DM
So there should be =D>
Judging from past experience of Jons sartorial elegance, any dress code would be a no-brainer

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 13, 2023, 8:23 am

Thanks KP .. i think.

As a follow on from the passport renewal ... i attended Trendy last Thursday 7th Sept and the credit /debit card payment was taken out of the account yesterday 5,847 bt at 2pm Thai time... as info when adding on the voluntary walk in fee and copying charges i incurred last Thursday this takes my total spend to 7,847 bt

Payments can be made by a Thai bank Debit card and proof of Thai address IN ENGLISH can be several things , i used my Thai driving license as it has the address in Thai and English on the reverse side.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 13, 2023, 12:10 pm

As already discussed, as you DM are a frequent visitor to the Metropolis, good idea, however those of us who visit infrequently if at all, another 3-5 thopusand is required to do the walkin. While that may be quicker and it is in fact not cheaper than using an Agent and the onloy downside is NOT having your passport readily available.
The last time I needed my passport on mu person was a few years ago since then never bothered and I will say for the majority of those seeking to renew via an Agent is an easy way , stress free and certainly does not curtail my activities at all. But thankyou for the information about renewing at Trendy as a walk-in, quite enlightening.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 14, 2023, 7:43 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 13, 2023, 12:10 pm
As already discussed, as you DM are a frequent visitor to the Metropolis, good idea, however those of us who visit infrequently if at all, another 3-5 thopusand is required to do the walkin. While that may be quicker and it is in fact not cheaper than using an Agent and the onloy downside is NOT having your passport readily available.
The last time I needed my passport on mu person was a few years ago since then never bothered and I will say for the majority of those seeking to renew via an Agent is an easy way , stress free and certainly does not curtail my activities at all. But thankyou for the information about renewing at Trendy as a walk-in, quite enlightening.
Totally agree KP ..

A walk in was necessary in my case to fit around my schedule and more so i need to use my original passport quite frequently as in most weeks so needed it with me not in an agents office.

My OP was purely to offer accurate info re just turning up at Trendy without an appointment or any docs as i had seen in the past many commenting it was by appointment only... also read that they would not except a Thai debit card as payment which they do as well as a copying service.

Informed by HMPO Liverpool my application is in process and current turn around time is approx 6 weeks. It seems Bkk always state 11 weeks which is correct at peak times of the year.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 15, 2023, 2:10 pm

My last dual passport renewals, albeit 8 years ago at Trendy, took 14 and 13 days respectively despite "6 weeks" being the quoted turnaround time. That was in December and January and well away from the seasonal flood of "summer holiday" applications. It will be interesting to hear when you get yours back DM. It will be one of those nice, dark blue, non-EU ones that the Brexiteers think were worth wrecking the economy for.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 15, 2023, 2:16 pm

tamada wrote:
September 15, 2023, 2:10 pm
My last dual passport renewals, albeit 8 years ago at Trendy, took 14 and 13 days respectively despite "6 weeks" being the quoted turnaround time. That was in December and January and well away from the seasonal flood of "summer holiday" applications. It will be interesting to hear when you get yours back DM. It will be one of those nice, dark blue, non-EU ones that the Brexiteers think were worth wrecking the economy for.
Yep it will .. marvelous to get those EU shackles off and lets MBGA.

I shall inform as too the exact turnaround time as n when Bkk contact me for collection.. i may stay over and enjoy an evening of cultural events.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 15, 2023, 4:32 pm

i may stay over and enjoy an evening of cultural events.I Hope Visiting Some of the TEMPLES Is TOP of Your List !!!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 15, 2023, 6:05 pm

tamada wrote:
September 15, 2023, 2:10 pm
Come on Tam, as a fairly intelligent member of the strange northeastern tribe about a 3.5 hour drive from the capital of Scotland can you please enlighten us lesser beings just how Brexit wrecked the UK economy. Don't use Covid excuses just how and why Brexit was a total disaster for the UK.
Ernie, my abject apologies for daring to post on UM given my age and previous employment status, hope you are well. :D

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 16, 2023, 7:04 am

DMs post was about an experience which many may not of even thought of, a Walk-in to Trendy which many UK Expats may never have seen , I KNOW I have not. Years ago I attended the Embassy and was dealt with by a helpful Englishman dealing with Visa etc as well as renewing. Since then all has changed with many asking why do we actually have an Embassy as they seem to do nothing for UK Citizens. However again I thank DM for his recollections and any references to past times regarding Passports are actually pointless as all change is the norm in that world.

For me using an agent is stress free and NOT having to traverse a polluted city is a plus in my book making for a far better experience than tramping around Bangkok for any reason not associated with visiting far off places or returning from same .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Walk in renewal Uk passport

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 9, 2023, 8:08 pm

Quick update re my walk in experience to get a new UK passport.. application submitted on 7th September , this morning i was notified new passport is ready for collection at Trendy so only 4 weeks , just so happens im in Bkk at the moment so will collect tomorrow... it did say collections between 2 - 3pm but im gonna throw the walk in dice again and rock up at 9am n see what happens.

More info to follow.

DM

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 11, 2023, 1:30 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 9, 2023, 8:08 pm
Quick update re my walk in experience to get a new UK passport.. application submitted on 7th September , this morning i was notified new passport is ready for collection at Trendy so only 4 weeks , just so happens im in Bkk at the moment so will collect tomorrow... it did say collections between 2 - 3pm but im gonna throw the walk in dice again and rock up at 9am n see what happens.

More info to follow.

DM
I reckon with your cheeky smile and patter you could sweet talk any official into bending the rules. Odds on you’ll be allowed to collect…..now we’re my Paddy Power log in details.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 11, 2023, 7:51 pm

ajsp9 wrote:
October 11, 2023, 1:30 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

More info to follow.

DM
I reckon with your cheeky smile and patter you could sweet talk any official into bending the rules. Odds on you’ll be allowed to collect…..now we’re my Paddy Power log in details.
I attended the busy Trendy office this morning at 9am still in quite a fuzzy state after too much culture last night and slap bang in the middle of a huge thunderstorm and flooded sois of Sukhumvit... suffice to say walked in spoke to the reception people and offered a Scunny grin a wink and hint dropped i had intended coming yesterday at 2-3pm but floods delayed me ai truth was already up the gunnels in bikini clad culture ..

All went swimmingly......5 mins later left with new dark blue passport...apart from the colour i noticed a couple of other changes one being more facial images on two seperate pages..

So looking back application walk in 7th Sept , collected new passport 11th Oct .. very quick.

The very pretty young lady obviously spotted i spoke the Queens English and wanted to practice so i asked her why so quick when i was told 10 to 13 weeks and her reply was nearly as perfect as my mother tongue .. we always advise longer as many people use agents which is considerably longer due to the agents methods not the visa place.

Other info ..sky train was rammed going into Bkk from Punawhiti .. so many beautiful ladies all crammed in such a small space i logged at least a dozen Miss World contenders and a couple of Mr World also ..

Good til Oct 2033 .. now just my lads passport to renew now .... dam n blast more culturalization evenings and Sky train perving.

DM

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 11, 2023, 11:33 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 11, 2023, 7:51 pm
ajsp9 wrote:
October 11, 2023, 1:30 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

More info to follow.

DM
I attended the busy Trendy office this morning at 9am still in quite a fuzzy state after too much culture last night and slap bang in the middle of a huge thunderstorm and flooded sois of Sukhumvit... suffice to say walked in spoke to the reception people and offered a Scunny grin a wink and hint dropped i had intended coming yesterday at 2-3pm but floods delayed me ai truth was already up the gunnels in bikini clad culture ..

All went swimmingly......5 mins later left with new dark blue passport...apart from the colour i noticed a couple of other changes one being more facial images on two seperate pages..

So looking back application walk in 7th Sept , collected new passport 11th Oct .. very quick.

The very pretty young lady obviously spotted i spoke the Queens English and wanted to practice so i asked her why so quick when i was told 10 to 13 weeks and her reply was nearly as perfect as my mother tongue .. we always advise longer as many people use agents which is considerably longer due to the agents methods not the visa place.

Other info ..sky train was rammed going into Bkk from Punawhiti .. so many beautiful ladies all crammed in such a small space i logged at least a dozen Miss World contenders and a couple of Mr World also ..

Good til Oct 2033 .. now just my lads passport to renew now .... dam n blast more culturalization evenings and Sky train perving.

DM
Never in doubt. 👍

Hope the culture wasn’t like in ‘culture club’

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2023, 9:14 am

^ ...and otherwise responds to regular antibiotics.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 12, 2023, 2:03 pm

tamada wrote:
October 12, 2023, 9:14 am
^ ...and otherwise responds to regular antibiotics.
I always find a good needle full of penicilin always does the trick , tiz my experience the main cause of an itchy tingling helmet is due to a change of wash powder not a visit to Bangkok temples.

Back to the passport ..upon further soba investigation the photograph page is actually a thin plastic perspex sheet and also an extra security feature page again with more pics one circular both unlike the old pre Brexit red EU effort ... the new dark blue is way more upper class and makes one feel like puffing out ones chest and singing Rule Britainia.

so in a nutsell

The cheapest way to renew is circa 5800 bt takes about 4 weeks..
(agents are currently asking 9 to 12k , 11 - 13 weeks)

Walk in without an appointment is ok but pay a fee on top
Photo copies can be done at the Trendy office but pay more
Payment by CC , a Thai bank atm/direct debit card is accepted..goes off your card about 4 days after application.
Proof of Address in ENGLISH can be reverse side of your Thai driving license.
You need an email address as you receive 2 mails , one the confirm application another re collection.
You must keep the application document check list to take back when you collect new passport.
Collection can be done outside the 2 - 3pm stated
Nana Sky Train Station is 100m from Trendy
Allow a few baht for a shot of penicilin if you get rained in and take shelter in any of the venues close by.

I think ive covered everything AND HOPE THAT HELPS

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 12, 2023, 10:51 pm

^ Infinitely helpful there DM. You have highlighted an option that I can use up to four times as I renew both my passports and those of my two boys. I already know what temple will be receiving proceeds from the ~20k baht I hope to save on the combined perambulating DIY effort.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » October 16, 2023, 4:47 pm

Has anyone renewed their UK passport using PDC Visa (Aoy) --Preecha market.

I know Key Visa in Pattaya do this service but the pricing is much the same with PDC & of course their local.

Thanks

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » October 16, 2023, 11:55 pm

Key Visa just renewed a mate's passport. Took almost 3 month. Have you read the the experience of DM?? That sounds the way to go.

Jai2
udonmap.com

Post by Jai2 » October 18, 2023, 3:24 pm

I tried PDC and can not recommend as far as renew passport----They are dealing with some agent down south , who as usual doesn't understand what is needed---they are saying you must include your Driving L...... which will be gone for some time, I am saying I have phoned the Embassy ---they say--thats not required just a colored photo copy of both sides.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 19, 2023, 11:02 pm

I use Marks sending machine, cost 4500 baht plus Passport office fee. Applied beginning of October, Passport already back in Thailand - should get to me next week'. So less than 3 weeks.

Processing times are much longer in Spring and summer - because too many wait until they book their holidays before renewing their passports. October to February much faster.

Return to “Travel & Transport”