Thai Air Back to Perth

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Air Back to Perth

Post by jackspratt » February 5, 2024, 10:58 pm

tamada wrote:
February 5, 2024, 9:27 pm

Their UTH timetable only 'flips' on Sundays with that later last flight. Mon thru Sat the last flight to BKK is 19:40 - 20:50. Makes for less stressful connections IMHO.
Don't count on it.

Every flight between 11-17 April, including mine, shows the last flight at 21.15.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 6, 2024, 1:21 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 5, 2024, 10:58 pm
tamada wrote:
February 5, 2024, 9:27 pm

Their UTH timetable only 'flips' on Sundays with that later last flight. Mon thru Sat the last flight to BKK is 19:40 - 20:50. Makes for less stressful connections IMHO.
Don't count on it.

Every flight between 11-17 April, including mine, shows the last flight at 21.15.
Since I had nothing better to do, I checked EVERY day in April using Google Flights, and it only showed the Sunday last flight 'flip'. The THAI app refused to play along on my rather poor internet connection here out on the South Bali Sea and I couldn't verify anything, so...

I agree with you entirely. Don't count on it.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 6, 2024, 8:43 am

Reply received from Thai Air, re my request to move to the earlier flight (without extra fee):
Dear Customer ;

As we have checked minimum connecting time is required 1.15hrs.

You have 1.40hrs is enough time to reach your next flight.

You do not need to change to the earlier flight
Never mind - I'll stick with the carry-on from Udon, check it in Swampy, and head through the Old Geezers security & Immo area.

Provided the Udon flight is on schedule, I may even have time to use that soon-to-expire lounge pass for a quick tea and biscuit.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 6, 2024, 9:09 am

Speak of the devil...help is on the way! If you were leaving via Khon Kaen, you could park your scooter at our place for the duration.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... varnabhumi
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 6, 2024, 3:23 pm

Where is the Old Geezers immigration departure area, as I will be departing using ANA airlines

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 6, 2024, 4:31 pm

It's right next to the down escalators which take you to the Domestic Departure Lounges.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 6, 2024, 6:01 pm

If you are able to use the Old Geezers "pathway to freedom", that shades your transfer time in an extremely positive way as that is all done at the same level as check-in/bag drop; none of the upstairs/downstairs nonsense that younger, fitter (poorer) have to endure. It's way. WAY faster than the former and I reckon you should reconsider and bring your checked bag.

Another tip: Like most all airlines, TG has online check-in that opens 24-hours before departure time. That will give you a QR code that speeds things up immensely at BKK physical check-in and bag drop. In my experience, the self-service check-in kiosks always have a few English-speaking and helpful staff to assist with that stuff too. Truly, no drama mate!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 6, 2024, 8:37 pm

Stantheman wrote:
February 6, 2024, 3:23 pm
Where is the Old Geezers immigration departure area, as I will be departing using ANA airlines
Be interested in your feedback on ANA, Stan, as I am looking at a possible visit to the US in the middle of the (baseball) year. ⚾

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » February 7, 2024, 1:40 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 6, 2024, 8:37 pm
Stantheman wrote:
Be interested in your feedback on ANA, Stan, as I am looking at a possible visit to the US in the middle of the (baseball) year. ⚾
JS, You may wish to use https://seatguru.com/ or some way to see the configuration on ANA. Some flights are decent seats and others have very old tech seating even on quite new 787's so may want to browse the configs carefully for ANA. I've taken the BKK-NRT flight a dozen or so times and it kind of made me miss the old United 747's if that is possible.

I prefer TG's 787 service to NRT when trying to stay Star Alliance. I always avoid the ANA from NRT-SFO (if that is your routing) leg when possible and get UA on that leg. Or even, spew, fly NRT-LAX to avoid ANA on the long haul west coast route. Saying that, I do have friends that had great seats on the more modern configurations. Covid travel bans may have changed which aircraft they use currently. Good to check the seat map in any case.

EVA often has good deals that direction and fairly good seat/service especially in the EconDeluxe or whatever they call it (again if Star Alliance is a factor).
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 8, 2024, 7:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 6, 2024, 8:37 pm
Stantheman wrote:
Jack, I flew business class Narita to Bangkok on ANA 787-10. Was little under the weather so did not partake of their meals. The seating was 1,2,1. I had window seat 5A so the window was actually offset. The seats were dated compared to United Polaris, but still comfortable. One advantage over United was there was more leg room where you put feet and wider leg support when reclining. As for video, I also did not use. On return trip end of March will be in premium economy to Narita, then bussiness class un United to Denver.

Return to “Travel & Transport”