What are some mind-blowing facts about exercise, fitness and working out?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: What are some mind-blowing facts about exercise, fitness and working out?

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 19, 2023, 2:10 pm

tamada wrote:
July 19, 2023, 10:31 am
noosard wrote:
July 18, 2023, 5:56 pm
Get the old part do not know about gracefully
As DM would suggest, it's in the sleeves mate.
Indeed Jammy ..
I simply cannot comprehend how anyone can grow old gracefully when they wear wife beater vests and shirts without sleeves .. im hoping the new Thai government will push through a law to ban said clothing introduce a fine if any rag tag n bob tail renegade is seen outside their home boundary adorned in such bad taste... fine doubled if armpits are not shaven , tripled if they are also wearing socks n sandals...maybe even a police anti vest patrol unit armed with not only handcuffs but a replacement tasteful shirt, deoderant and Bic razors.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 19, 2023, 3:00 pm

images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 10699 times

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 19, 2023, 4:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 19, 2023, 2:10 pm
tamada wrote:
July 19, 2023, 10:31 am
noosard wrote:
July 18, 2023, 5:56 pm
Get the old part do not know about gracefully
As DM would suggest, it's in the sleeves mate.
Indeed Jammy ..
I simply cannot comprehend how anyone can grow old gracefully when they wear wife beater vests and shirts without sleeves .. im hoping the new Thai government will push through a law to ban said clothing introduce a fine if any rag tag n bob tail renegade is seen outside their home boundary adorned in such bad taste... fine doubled if armpits are not shaven , tripled if they are also wearing socks n sandals...maybe even a police anti vest patrol unit armed with not only handcuffs but a replacement tasteful shirt, deoderant and Bic razors.

DM
"I simply cannot comprehend how anyone can grow old gracefully.."you forgot and all the Farangs here who do not even take good care of them self or seems to care how they can "can grow old" and healthy(er).Nope,instead we choose to continue to live a life hand in hand with Medicine and Hospital bills..but laziness is one the biggest problem..i know friends it takes A LOT to change old habits..and some of you do not even try..But up to you..right ;-)And you know your bad habits will be inherited habits that your children will get too just because it's easier the change.Look at the children today..already overweight at an early age,hardly any exercise other then playing with their Mobile/Computer..enough for today i think ;-)

Take charge,make a change before you end up in ER with a stroke or H-attack..i already this year alone have three Swedish friends ending up with strokes..reason ------ diet together with sitting on their behind instead of you-know-what...Preventive healthcare seems to be a forgotten word..sorry to say.

//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 28, 2023, 7:48 am

Some more facts:
Resistance training increases testosterone, cardio does not.
https://www.healthline.com/health/does- ... increase-t
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 28, 2023, 8:43 am

FOODS THAT INCREASE TESTOSTERONE

1. Dairy milk fortified with vitamin D.
2. Oysters.
3. Shellfish.
4. Fatty fish or fish oil supplements.
5. Tuna.
6. Egg yolks.
7. Extra virgin olive oil.
8. Fortified plant milk.
9. Fortified cereals.
10. Onions.
11. Leafy green vegetables.
12. Beans.
13. Beef.
14. Pomegranates.
15. Ginger.

One of the quickest and easiest ways anyone can take personal control over their hormone levels is to adopt healthy habits. 

https://www.farrinstitute.org/foods-tha ... stosterone
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 28, 2023, 8:44 am

Supplements that may increase testosterone

Vitamin D
Ashwaganda
Fenugreek
Zinc
Magnesium
Ginger

https://www.everlywell.com/blog/testost ... tosterone/
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 28, 2023, 7:10 pm

Jello wrote:
July 28, 2023, 8:44 am
Supplements that may increase testosterone

Vitamin D
Ashwaganda I would not take that long term and as always check your blood,before,during and after
Fenugreek Same with this supplement..i think longterm is not advice able.
Zinc
Magnesium
Ginger

https://www.everlywell.com/blog/testost ... tosterone/
What Low Testosterone Does to the Body
https://youtu.be/-I566aR7ILk
Last edited by DuiDui49 on July 28, 2023, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 28, 2023, 7:17 pm

Jello wrote:
July 28, 2023, 8:43 am
FOODS THAT INCREASE TESTOSTERONE

1. Dairy milk fortified with vitamin D.
2. Oysters.
3. Shellfish.
4. Fatty fish or fish oil supplements.
5. Tuna.
6. Egg yolks.
7. Extra virgin olive oil.
8. Fortified plant milk.
9. Fortified cereals.
10. Onions.
11. Leafy green vegetables.
12. Beans.
13. Beef.
14. Pomegranates.
15. Ginger.

One of the quickest and easiest ways anyone can take personal control over their hormone levels is to adopt healthy habits. So way don't people do that then..LAZYNESS..i do not care i'm going to die anyway..is some stupid answers i can get when i ask.
But you're spot on just one Q for you Jello..how do we get people "get this"..that some exercise and a balanced diet can do wonders..

https://www.farrinstitute.org/foods-tha ... stosterone
Your though in a compressed format..._yes,but how many care about eating healthy..not once a month,all the time..And as always some herbs and Vitamins can be harmful if your on diffrent Med's..check with your Doc is recommended..by me..;-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 29, 2023, 6:24 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 28, 2023, 7:17 pm
So way don't people do that then..LAZYNESS..i do not care i'm going to die anyway..is some stupid answers i can get when i ask.
just one Q for you Jello..how do we get people "get this"..that some exercise and a balanced diet can do wonders..
Well, for starters not calling people lazy and stupid might help. :roll:
UFF DA!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 29, 2023, 9:02 am

Jello wrote:
July 29, 2023, 6:24 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
So way don't people do that then..LAZYNESS..i do not care i'm going to die anyway..is some stupid answers i can get when i ask.
just one Q for you Jello..how do we get people "get this"..that some exercise and a balanced diet can do wonders..
Enjoying this Jello n Alfie debate ..some good points raised.... heres my 10 bobsworth

Alfie your eating habits and exercise routines and healthy lifestyle choices should be applauded but you do go over board in your quest to convert others to do the same when in reality everyone is different with different life styles therefore choose another path... however strongly you feel about this issue as jello comments labeling people who choose a different path to yours as lazy and stupid is just rude and not necessary especially when you dont know what is going in their lives that may be a factor relating to how they feel and what they eat or drink.

FWIW .. i seem to go through cycles of eating healthy then after a few weeks /months for what ever reason fall off the wagon hence my weight is a tad up n down currently I weigh 100 kgs which is 10kgs above my lowest weight and 20kgs below my heaviest when i was a fat bastard.
i am not stupid or lazy and have drastically reduced my booze intake over recent months due to a couple of illnesses more recently sciatica.
Not being retired and traveling a lot more now with business means eating on the hoof too often for convenience does not help...this an example of what i meant by how ones life and work routines can effect any plan to eat a healthier diet and allow exercise time.

Why is it that all the really tasty stuff like pizza, sausages, bacon curry and chips is bad for you ??? and beer tastes better than water ?

Its a cruel world.

Back home today so a nice healthy brekkie of Bla Saba fresh tomato on toast (still eat way too much bread its the hardest thing to cut out IMO.)

No comment on TRT etc no knowledge of it but if its anything to do with percy pointer pointing to the sky then im still ok i can still get a stonk on at the sniff of a barmaids apron.

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 29, 2023, 9:39 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 29, 2023, 9:02 am
Jello wrote:
July 29, 2023, 6:24 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
Good point and point taken..do not mean to hurt any ones feelings..My point was to get people to "wake up"..but you're right i try my best to refrain to call people lazy and stupid.My apologies.

Enjoying this Jello n Alfie debate ..some good points raised.... heres my 10 bobsworth

Alfie your eating habits and exercise routines and healthy lifestyle choices should be applauded but you do go over board in your quest to convert others to do the same when in reality everyone is different with different life styles therefore choose another path... Got it,so what you do when you see/interact with people that seems to do NOTHING like PREVENTIVE health care at all.-Yes i know i get carried away in my strive to get people on the "Health Band Wagon,with or without me,got that..i think ;-)however strongly you feel about this issue as jello comments labeling people who choose a different path to yours as lazy and stupid is just rude and not necessary especially when you dont know what is going in their lives that may be a factor relating to how they feel and what they eat or drink.Valid points taken..sorry if i offended anyone not my intention at all.

FWIW .. i seem to go through cycles of eating healthy then after a few weeks /months for what ever reason fall off the wagon hence my weight is a tad up n down currently I weigh 100 kgs which is 10kgs above my lowest weight and 20kgs below my heaviest when i was a fat bastard.
i am not stupid or lazy and have drastically reduced my booze intake over recent months due to a couple of illnesses more recently sciatica.
Not being retired and traveling a lot more now with business means eating on the hoof too often for convenience does not helpSo what hinders you to do some prepped meals/smoothies to take with you..protein bars for a snack..The problem you maybe have is NOT taking your body on a healthy "reset".Start with 48 hour fasting might give your body a needed break from your "bad habits"..just a thought...But i said it before is very easy to slip and slide ie geting over weigth and as a result having other illnesses.And NEVER GIVE UP TRYING..and have a plan that fits you and your goals....this an example of what i meant by how ones life and work routines can effect any plan to eat a healthier diet and allow exercise time.

Why is it that all the really tasty stuff like pizza, sausages, bacon curry and chips is bad for you ??? and beer tastes better than water ?

Its a cruel world.

Back home today so a nice healthy brekkie of Bla Saba fresh tomato on toast (still eat way too much bread its the hardest thing to cut out IMO.)

No comment on TRT etc no knowledge of it but if its anything to do with percy pointer pointing to the sky then im still ok i can still get a stonk on at the sniff of a barmaids apron.

dm

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 29, 2023, 10:09 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 29, 2023, 9:39 am
Good point and point taken..do not mean to hurt any ones feelings..My point was to get people to "wake up"..but you're right i try my best to refrain to call people lazy and stupid.My apologies.
:D
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 31, 2023, 10:31 am

The Balance of TRT Benefits and Risks.

https://youtu.be/YPiEMGmAino

Cardiovascular Safety of Testosterone-Replacement Therapy.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/N ... J2weMarY7I

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 3, 2023, 5:00 pm

Why Building Muscle is Critical for Healthy Aging

If you the slightest interested WHY and for what REASON some exercise and maybe like me,buy some different Exercise Rubber Bands,no need to go to the Gym if you don't want.Save some money and spend it on so quality non processed food items instead ;-)

If you have time and like getting educated have a look at this video.

https://youtu.be/zhUzJKlLll8

//Alfie--:-)

Bubbler
udonmap.com

Post by Bubbler » September 21, 2023, 2:56 am

Well, these points are good in order to motivate you to become healthier. However, they don't guarantee that you will live forever if you do everything as they say. That's why balance is the key. You should do things you enjoy and things that will help you in order to keep this balance.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 21, 2023, 9:31 am

:shock: exercise rubber bands? You'll thwack your eye out!!! :-&
Dave

Return to “Health & Beauty”