What are some mind-blowing facts about exercise, fitness and working out?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

What are some mind-blowing facts about exercise, fitness and working out?

Post by DuiDui49 » July 7, 2023, 2:27 pm

"1. Regular exercise can reduce the risk of many chronic diseases, including heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and some types of cancer.

2. Exercise can also improve your mental health and mood, reduce stress, and improve your sleep.

3. Exercise helps to improve muscle strength, bone density, and balance, which can help to prevent falls and fractures in older adults.

4. Exercise can improve your brain health and help to prevent cognitive decline.

5. Regular physical activity can reduce your risk of developing chronic conditions, such as hypertension and osteoporosis.

6. Exercise can improve your energy levels and help you to feel more alert and productive.

7. Exercise can help to reduce the risk of depression and anxiety.

8. Exercise can help to reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.

9. Regular physical activity can help to reduce the risk of developing some types of cancer.

10. Exercise can help to improve your self-esteem and body image.

11. Exercise can help to improve your sexual function and libido.

12. Exercise can help to improve your digestion and metabolism.

13. Exercise can help to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

14. Exercise can help to reduce the risk of developing arthritis.

15. Exercise can help to improve your cardiovascular health.

16. Exercise can help to improve your posture and flexibility.

17. Exercise can help to improve your balance and coordination.

18. Exercise can help to reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, such as breast and colon cancer.

19. Exercise can help to improve your breathing and lung capacity.

20. Exercise can help to reduce the risk of developing kidney stones.

Källa Quora

So get off your lazy "lifestyle"and get healthy(er)..//Alfie..:-)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: What are some mind-blowing facts about exercise, fitness and working out?

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 7, 2023, 4:36 pm

Well I only want to live to 85yo so I figure arm lifting a 15oz (Aust. Beer Schooner) class every few minutes will get me there!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » July 8, 2023, 10:01 am

I love that word " can " instead of will , as an ex gymnast , and workaholic , fitness freak , it didn't stop the heart attacks , or the fck.d lungs ,along with the arthritis resulting so far in knee surgery , like the guy who so called invented the jogging craze , ask him , ho sorry you cant he died at a young age ,

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 8, 2023, 11:08 am

Hoopoe wrote:
July 8, 2023, 10:01 am
I love that word " can " instead of will , as an ex gymnast , and workaholic , fitness freak , it didn't stop the heart attacks , or the fck.d lungs ,along with the arthritis resulting so far in knee surgery , like the guy who so called invented the jogging craze , ask him , ho sorry you cant he died at a young age ,
Did you ever think that STRESS due to being a workaholic could be ONE of many reasons to your Heart Attacks??And usually that means also that you didn't get enough of quality sleep..I think it's much about,again,diet..not checking your health regarding High blood pressure, high blood cholesterol..-Yes we can feel and look good on the outside BUT what's going on under the "hood",those things only shows up when you have once or twice a year FULL bloodtests done..and if you like me (wasme not anymore)we just carry on until the body remind us how important DIET and some light/moderate exercise can help us to live a life mostly away from expensive hospital bills and a ton of med's.

Once again,spen eatleast ONCE a year 2500Bath on a full blod panel like this:

*Complete Blood Count (CBC)
*Basic metabolic panel (basic electrolyte panel)
*Comprehensive metabolic panel
*Lipid (cholesterol) panel.
* Glycated hemoglobin (Hemoglobin A1C)...very important.
*And Men Testosterone Test..VERY IMPORTANT IS THE FREE TEST LEVEL

If you do ALL the above you together with your Doc can give you time to alter some of the maybe bad results of your bloodwork BEFORE it's to late.What's 2500Bath worth to you?Do you care at all?

End of my heatlth tip rant for today ;-)...PS:Two of my Swedish friends have had strokes just because they did not take care of two main things,DIET and Blood testing.DS

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 8, 2023, 11:44 am

Good points well made Alfie. You wouldn't expect a car engine to run forever without a service and oil change, would you? Since a complete blood transfusion every 10,000 miles isn't an option, get into the annual blood work routine, track the results and take corresponding action.

My industry medicals were every 4-years but once I tripped the magic 60, some became every two years while one regulator insists on an annual tire kick. No costs to me as clients pay for these but the one I had last week at Udon General was self-funded for my own peace of mind ahead of an offical "MOT" on Monday in Kuala Lumpur.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » July 16, 2023, 5:45 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 8, 2023, 11:08 am
Hoopoe wrote:
July 8, 2023, 10:01 am
Did you ever think that STRESS due to being a workaholic could be ONE of many reasons to your Heart Attacks??And usually that means also that you didn't get enough of quality sleep..I think it's much about,again,diet..not checking your health regarding High blood pressure, high blood cholesterol..-Yes we can feel and look good on the outside BUT what's going on under the "hood",those things only shows up when you have once or twice a year FULL bloodtests done..and if you like me (wasme not anymore)we just carry on until the body remind us how important DIET and some light/moderate exercise can help us to live a life mostly away from expensive hospital bills and a ton of med's.

Yep well aware of the stress , as after the troubles ( sounds slightly irish that :D :D ) i struggled dealing with stress after that , bringing on the unstable angina , workaholic much of the time on nights ,So lack of sleep yep also knew that , yep contributing to the attacks , never had high blood pressure , or high cholesterol , back in 2001 46 yo , they put me on statins with the words ,"we wouldn't medicate these it's only because you've had a heart attack .
Here they put me on two set of statins ,( dont forget they halved the limit on cholesterol ) i often had minor side effects varying , types ,just two weeks ago i was flat on my back ,no power at all , aching joint's , severe head aches , very short of breath , all the monor side effecs hit at the same time ,severely , Done with it everything i checked pointed squarely at the statins , i'm in search of quality of life , stopped all the statins immediately , over night the head aches ceased followed by the joint pains , few days later my strength slowly returned along with stamina ,the breathing improved but not totally as yet , in the back ground it was like a fog lifting ,i've never felt this good for a long time ,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 16, 2023, 10:01 pm

Being a relative statin noob last year due to stage 1 hypertension, the advice from two health professionals pointed to either taking a break from them or switching to a lower strength one. Both options require quarterly blood work to see how these changes affect the lipids. The ultimate aim is to no longer be dependent on them but in order for that to work, the dietary changes and exercise regimen needs to be in place and maintained.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2023, 10:45 am

God morning friemds of health ;-)!!

We/you might have heard how women get Hormone Replacement Therapy because of age related Homone induced deficiency when they get "older".I remember my mother have this always complaining she had hot flushes,cold flushes,lack of drive in general,WEIGHT GAIN,change in sleep patterns,brain fog and many more "side effects"from Hormone Changes when getting older.
And women have no problem to get a Doctor,after health and blood checkups is done,prescribing Hormone Replacement Therapy...But we men suffer pretty much in the same way as women does.Should life have to be like that when getting older,my answer is -Absolutely NO.

Her's a lite Online test for you to check in to if you might need this BUT FOR MEN.Do the test and report back here in this thread please.

https://themenshealthclinic.co.uk/adam- ... LXNPS37yrg

What Tests Do I Need For Low Testosterone?
https://youtu.be/Pnw4yJ_-Sw4

//Alfie..:-)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 17, 2023, 12:27 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 17, 2023, 10:45 am

Her's a lite Online test for you to check in to if you might need this BUT FOR MEN.Do the test and report back here in this thread please.

That test is really quite silly, as it doesn't factor in age - a few examples;
1.Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?

3.Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?

7.Are your erections less strong?

8.Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports?

10.Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2023, 4:28 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 17, 2023, 12:27 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
July 17, 2023, 10:45 am

That test is really quite silly, as it doesn't factor in age - a few examples;
1.Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?

3.Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?

7.Are your erections less strong?

8.Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports?

10.Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?
JP,you you can suffer from these health problems at young or old age.More and more young people have these health issues and what is the problem behind that JP..you know.I give you my thoughts if you don't mind JP.

Less and less of exercise,eating a lot of processed foods,takes the car instead of walking.Young people today around their 30+ age have less male hormones then say 20-30 years ago..why.
KP,instead of darkness you can choose light..so you by posting what you did i say you could have done some "research"instead you just complain that this and that what's missing is the thing that concern you the most.I agree many things are missing same as in your answer.Tell me KP did you do the test..care to post the result you got,guess not..complaining is your way to answer..okey up to you.
So in your world KP young people can not suffer from these problems..believe me when i say..You are being "really quite silly"..Complaining is your take on this subject you didn't take time to check some facts BEFORE posting..

I bet 100.000 Bath that you yourself JP haven't checked your male hormone status..am i right or wrong.I you wish to educate yourself regarding this subject..her's a link..start here and come back later with what you think.Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoLNk- ... sQwjFWG2gQ
Last edited by DuiDui49 on July 17, 2023, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 17, 2023, 4:45 pm

I think you have made a mistake since KP has yet to post on this thread. The real poster might get a chuckle from you thinking he is KP. On the other hand....
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2023, 5:01 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 17, 2023, 4:45 pm
I think you have made a mistake since KP has yet to post on this thread. The real poster might get a chuckle from you thinking he is KP. On the other hand....
..close enoung JP -->KP..;-)..edited now..And to KP,very sorry to drag you in..please forgive old man ;-)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 17, 2023, 8:24 pm

Alfie, I don't need to complete a self-serving "test" from a company which is in the business ($$) of promoting testosterone therapy, to understand that your average 70yo male is going to have a very different result from your average 20yo ... or 30yo ... or 40yo.... or.....

Who the "test" does not differentiate between.

And yes, Uncle T ..... I was not sure whether to be offended, or just tickled pink. :D

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 18, 2023, 1:33 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 17, 2023, 4:28 pm
educate yourself regarding this subject..her's a link..
If you want to educate yourself on testosterone, you should research medical websites rather than YouTube infomercials.

Here’s some to start:

https://www.healthline.com/health/testo ... stosterone

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20045728

https://www.webmd.com/men/testosterone- ... ht-for-you

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/8- ... stosterone
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 18, 2023, 2:23 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
July 16, 2023, 5:45 pm
"we wouldn't medicate these it's only because you've had a heart attack .
Here they put me on two set of statins ,( dont forget they halved the limit on cholesterol ) i often had minor side effects varying , types ,just two weeks ago i was flat on my back ,no power at all , aching joint's , severe head aches , very short of breath , all the monor side effecs hit at the same time ,severely , Done with it everything i checked pointed squarely at the statins , i'm in search of quality of life , stopped all the statins immediately , over night the head aches ceased followed by the joint pains , few days later my strength slowly returned along with stamina ,the breathing improved but not totally as yet , in the back ground it was like a fog lifting ,i've never felt this good for a long time ,
I agree with your “quality of life “ reasoning. If the drugs that are supposedly giving you a chance at a longer life are making you so miserable that you can’t enjoy your life, then is it worth the tradeoff to you?

Did you inform your doctor? Perhaps they could put you on a lower dose or different medication that you could tolerate. Your choice of course, It’s your body, your life. Know the risks and enjoy it while you’re here. 8)
UFF DA!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2023, 2:29 pm

Grow old gracefully F F S...
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 18, 2023, 2:35 pm

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2023, 2:29 pm
Grow old gracefully F F S...
Agreed. 8)
UFF DA!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 18, 2023, 5:56 pm

Get the old part do not know about gracefully

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 19, 2023, 5:34 am

Jello wrote:
July 18, 2023, 1:33 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
July 17, 2023, 4:28 pm
educate yourself regarding this subject..her's a link..
If you want to educate yourself on testosterone, you should research medical websites rather than YouTube infomercials.

Here’s some to start:

https://www.healthline.com/health/testo ... stosterone

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20045728

https://www.webmd.com/men/testosterone- ... ht-for-you

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/8- ... stosterone
Jello,God morning !

Thank you for posting those links.I have been a memeber of TRT and Hormone Optimization toutube channel for over 2 years..so if anyone want to educate themself in this subject please have a look at this channel.ALL the info you ever want and that's the latest info..As always use your own judgement when you read this info you find on this cannel.

https://youtu.be/0GhumvKdU2k

https://youtu.be/wHh68lEC0RM

//Alfie..:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 19, 2023, 10:31 am

noosard wrote:
July 18, 2023, 5:56 pm
Get the old part do not know about gracefully
As DM would suggest, it's in the sleeves mate.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Health & Beauty”