Best Thai Food Restaurant Udon/Nongkai

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
parrot
udonmap.com

Best Thai Food Restaurant Udon/Nongkai

Post by parrot » November 3, 2018, 6:48 pm

We have visitors coming in December......I've got several places lined up in Udon where good food/good service/nice atmosphere is mostly assured. But we haven't been to Nongkai in well over a year. Does anyone have recommendations for a river view restaurant with good service/good food/clean?

eagle
udonmap.com

Re: Best Thai Food Restaurant Udon/Nongkai

Post by eagle » November 3, 2018, 7:09 pm

parrot wrote:
November 3, 2018, 6:48 pm
We have visitors coming in December......I've got several places lined up in Udon where good food/good service/nice atmosphere is mostly assured. But we haven't been to Nongkai in well over a year. Does anyone have recommendations for a river view restaurant with good service/good food/clean?
At Tha Sadet they have some floating restaurants. About in the middle. You find those when walking at market and see fish etc. in the grill.

Another is outside Nong Khai and you can find it using Google search and ร้านอาหารครัวคูณเก้า

This is inside Udon Thani province, but ok to see, without river view, but on the lake. 17°51'28.2"N 103°03'26.3"E

Sorry, but only coordinates. Search in google maps.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 3, 2018, 7:26 pm

Yes.............Huan Hat Kham Right on the river in NK,A Little way out on the road to Phon Pisai it is sign posted off that road as ( Hat Kham )

Also on the Rooftop of the Amanta Hotel,Which is directly opposite the Old Thai / Laos Hotel ( Now CLOSED )& in the process of demolition.....

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 3, 2018, 9:19 pm

Parrot, the Naem Neung Vietnamese restaurant on the promenade in Nong Khai just the the left of the Indo-China Market as you're facing the Mekong River. That is the most popular place in Nong Khai. We go to NK at least once a month and my wife has to eat there every time, especially if we are entertaining friends. The prices are fairly inexpensive and it's always packed with people, so there's great energy going on there while one is having a nice meal and eating next to the river. You can eat outside or they have a few larger air-conditioned rooms, but I think you pay 30 baht extra for the A/C rooms. Food is delicious! Free parking is available in their private lot just to the west of the restaurant. Just show your receipt as you are leaving the car park. It also doubles as a convenient free park while you are browsing the Market after you eat and before heading back to your car to exit.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » November 4, 2018, 12:40 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
November 3, 2018, 9:19 pm
Parrot, the Naem Neung Vietnamese restaurant on the promenade in Nong Khai just the the left of the Indo-China Market as you're facing the Mekong River. That is the most popular place in Nong Khai. We go to NK at least once a month and my wife has to eat there every time, especially if we are entertaining friends. The prices are fairly inexpensive and it's always packed with people, so there's great energy going on there while one is having a nice meal and eating next to the river. You can eat outside or they have a few larger air-conditioned rooms, but I think you pay 30 baht extra for the A/C rooms. Food is delicious! Free parking is available in their private lot just to the west of the restaurant. Just show your receipt as you are leaving the car park. It also doubles as a convenient free park while you are browsing the Market after you eat and before heading back to your car to exit.
+1.
Concur with everything above.
Food is a Thai take on popular Viet dishes, and is superb.
Very busy unless you go mid - late afternoon, service is excellent and the bathrooms etc are immaculate.
Highly recommended.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 4, 2018, 4:29 pm

Thanks for everyone's input!

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » November 4, 2018, 6:32 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
November 3, 2018, 9:19 pm
Absolutely agree.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”